Miracle of Sound: The Ballad of Clay Carmine

Dark.Kantian

Jan 31, 2011
Oh Carmine, if only he followed the first rule of COG.

Good work, this is a ballad worthy of its name.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Seriously, two GoW songs? The game wasn't even that good. If GoW gets two songs, Mass Effect and Fallout both deserve five or six.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
I didn't know you made a video for this. I've been listening to it for a couple weeks.

EDIT: Oh, it's just the Youtube video. Oh well, good excuse to hear it again.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
You make me want to play Gears of Wars now o_O this is an awesome song.

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
should do more Bullet Storm songs instead... Me not really in to GoW... (mainly because I own PC, and PS3... did love the CoW-PC though... just sour that they decided not to release more...)
anyhow... Good job~

Giantpanda602

Oct 16, 2010
Maybe, you should make more songs like commander shepard, that song was amazing. Your more guitar beated kind of songs make your worse songs in my opinion.

krellen

Unrepentant Obsidian Fanboy
Jan 23, 2009
Giantpanda602 said:
Maybe, you should make more songs like commander shepard, that song was amazing. Your more guitar beated kind of songs make your worse songs in my opinion.
Your opinion is wrong. This, along with Santiago's Lament, are actually his best songs.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Lots of comments in this thread are proof that people care more about fan-wank than actual quality in songs.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Cherry Cola said:
Lots of comments in this thread are proof that people care more about fan-wank than actual quality in songs.
Are you suggesting this is a bad song?
That could be taken either way.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Can someone explain the joke in this to someone who hasn't played Gears of War? Is Clay Carmine like a running gag? Is he like a red shirt or something?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
Can someone explain the joke in this to someone who hasn't played Gears of War? Is Clay Carmine like a running gag? Is he like a red shirt or something?
The Carmine's tend to get killed off in horrible ways - I guess they kind of are the redshirts of the series.

Hopefully Clay Will live through Gears 3!

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
The Carmine's tend to get killed off in horrible ways - I guess they kind of are the redshirts of the series.

Ah, sucks to be....uhh, them, I suppose. Thanks MoS.

Should seriously think about picking up the two GoW games on sale though. Or should I just read the story-so-far off a wiki or something? Would I miss much?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
GrizzlerBorno said:
MiracleOfSound said:
GrizzlerBorno said:

Should seriously think about picking up the two GoW games on sale though. Or should I just read the story-so-far off a wiki or something? Would I miss much?
Gears is not renowned for its story on these forums but I think it's good, and pretty entertaining, and the side story of a man losing his lover strikes a chord with a lot of people.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
GrizzlerBorno said:
MiracleOfSound said:
GrizzlerBorno said:

Gears is not renowned for its story on these forums but I think it's good, and pretty entertaining, and the side story of a man losing his lover strikes a chord with a lot of people.
...buut not with me. Not yet anyway. :p

I think I'll just watch some summaries or Let's plays or something. Thanks for the advice man.