Miracle of Sound: The Best I Can (The Walking Dead)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The Best I Can (The Walking Dead)

The darkest road ahead you're gonna have to face it, cause I can't always be there.

Watch Video

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
I... I think 'The New Black Gold' just got replaced as my favourite Miracle of Sound song.

Maybe I'm biased because of how good the game was, but damn.

[sub]"Keep that hair short, Clem."[/sub]

[sub][sub]*sniff*[/sub][/sub]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Zhukov said:
I... I think 'The New Black Gold' just got replaced as my favourite Miracle of Sound song.

Maybe I'm biased because of how good the game was, but damn.

"Keep that hair short, Clem."

[sub][sub]*sniff*[/sub][/sub]
Same here. I'll admit, I was slightly worried when I found out he was doing a song for TWD, as I had a doubt that he could match the emotion of the game. But I shouldn't have worried at all.

Bravo, Gav.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I... It's nothing. I just have something in my eye okay!

Seriously though, that was sublime, your best in a long while. Also, are you planning on doing any more MOS: Encore features, or are you done with those now? I haven't seen one in a long time.

EDIT: I have now listened to this for what must now be about the 15th time, and the feels just won't stop.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
What? I just have something in my eye, and the other one is really sad about it.

Seriously though, that was beautiful. A great song for a great game.

Apr 28, 2008
:'(

That was beautiful.

I'm scared for season 2 of Walking Dead. Scared it'll break me even more.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
NinjaDeathSlap said:
Also, are you planning on doing any more MOS: Encore features, or are you done with those now? I haven't seen one in a long time.
I was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, the song's good, but I don't seem to be feeling the same way about it as everyone else here. Guessing that's due to the fact that I haven't played the game(s).

I don't care though, 'cause it's a new MoS song on my birthday! *does happy dance*

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
I think I have a new favorite song ever. Of all time.
That was superb, Gav.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
That was beautiful. At first it almost seemed to low for you, (as in key, not morals) but that gave a nice vulnerability to your voice that made it more heartfelt. Really nice.

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
That was a damn good song Gav. I usually am of the opinion that your better stuff tends to only come from action games, but that was a standout track.

Plus, as a pianist, I'm a sucker for moody piano lines.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I would have thought Justin would have used this scene
With the lyric "I wont always be there for you" the scene at the end where she has to shoot/leave you.
Though I guess your reason not to was spoiler based.

phoenixbeast

Apr 14, 2009
Well, another song that was knocked out of the park. I can really feel the emotions just flowing out of this song. The instruments and your voice just just really contains something in this song. I mean you can always tell when you really care about the song, but this is just on a whole different level.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
you just made me cry and I never even played the walking dead. you did a excellent job making this song felt very emotional. in fact you did so good; that would have to say it is the best song you made so far.

also do you plan on putting city of night on the escapist because i'm sure there are people who only look on the escapist for your music and it would be a shame for them to miss a good song.

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
I've listened to this song like 30 times now, and I can't think of anything to say about other than "Dem Feels" :(

I think this would incredibly well as an acoustic cover as well.

NinjaDeathSlap said:
Also, are you planning on doing any more MOS: Encore features, or are you done with those now? I haven't seen one in a long time.
This too. I really enjoyed reading this to see MoS tear unreasonable critics a new one hear about the processes and Ideas that goes into making his songs. XD

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
Despite having never played The Walking Dead, I've seen a very good playthrough of it on Youtube. At the end of it I cried. I think that I've, um, gotten over the ending I guess, so this didn't make me cry, but...

Holy crap. That was so touching and heartstring wrenching. Great job!

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
This sums up the whole feeling of me game for me, the feeling inevitability that you won't be able to fix everything and are just waiting till you can't carry on.

So opinion Brilliant!

MrFlipFlops

Apr 18, 2011
I have even yet to play the games (thanks, uni) and this still hit me right in the tear ducts :( Absolutely amazing work, Gav. This one is going straight to the MoS masterpieces collection.

Was it me projecting or did you sound a bit chocked up at around 2:27? Either way your voice-work in this is incredibly heartfelt and genuine. Hats off, good sir.