Miracle of Sound: The Call (The Elder Scrolls Online)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
The Call (The Elder Scrolls Online)

Time has come for us all to answer the call.

Watch Video

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
That was a pretty good song, well done. Also, nice to see footage of ES:O I haven't seen before. (I haven't exactly been looking very hard for it, however.)
Reminds me of what I love of the series, too.

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
I'm bombarding ZeniMax with links to your YouTube and Escapist pages in the hopes they see sense.

So, if you make it super-big in the compyooter games soundtrack industry, I demand a reasonable cut of the profits... Say 50%?

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
Yes, we all have to answer the call...

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE for 10 pounds a month

Or A realm reborn for 7 pounds a month

A realm reborns only 16-25 quid on launch...

I think I make my point XD

Great song though!

rofltehcat

Jul 24, 2009
Great as always!
I've been able to watch the videos of the last few weeks much (a week or so) earlier on youtube than the escapist release date. Is this intentional?

hickwarrior

a samurai... devil summoner?
Nov 7, 2007
Epic. That's all I can say. Now I'm really interested in what the story of elder scrolls online is.

But that's where my involvement with ES:O will stop, as far as I'm concerned.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
colostomizer said:
I'm bombarding ZeniMax with links to your YouTube and Escapist pages in the hopes they see sense.

So, if you make it super-big in the compyooter games soundtrack industry, I demand a reasonable cut of the profits... Say 50%?
I believe they already got a deal with Malukah to pull in all the internet video musical gamers, at least that what I'm assuming her video being available on their site and all ZeniMax branded up.

And y'know she got boobs so she'll win an internet popularly contest, and therefore a promotion deal too.

As for the song, it's good, it's no Dream of the Sky play on repeat for an hour awesomeness, but good.

About half way through I was kind of hoping/expecting some quip/line about the Imperials not being playable since you went through the races and all, somewhat left disappointed there.

Suppose we could just count them as the the lost being that their region is the main battle ground and a huge lot of them are dead anyway.

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
Great song, Gavin! Great in a very smooth and relaxing way :)

I really liked how you wove the motif[footnote]is this the right word? been a long time since my musical education...[/footnote] from Nord Mead into the chorus; and the quieter parts sound like a memory of Legends of the Frost... but still different, kinda as if the original melody had been passed on over several bards, becoming a little different with every step.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Not a bad song, though I think the timing of its release could have been better, what with the subscription announcement. Not that I blame you or anything, fate just dealt a bad hand there.

Also, did I hear hints of the tune from one of your Skyrim songs in there? Legends of the Frost or Sovngarde Song perhaps? Might've been Nord Mead too.

I also like how you summed up each of the 9 races in one or two lines apiece.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Good song
Too bad ESO is going to burn like many other failed mmos and zenimax is in full damage control mode.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Excellent song Gavin! The trailer was pretty good too.

Now if only the games actually PLAYED like that, I'd be signed up for life :\

Marak Daga

Feb 1, 2012
As always loving your work. God i wish i could afford to hire you for my indie game :p (although that would probably make the audio outshine my work haha).

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
I.Muir said:
Good song
Too bad ESO is going to burn like many other failed mmos and zenimax is in full damage control mode.
It's attitudes like this that are to blame for many game failures,MMO or not. You only stand to lose by being so dismissive and pessimistic.

Anyways,amazing song,Gav. I,for one,hope that Zenimax and Bethesda find the song,and hope that the game will live up to the hype...And the actions of that patently Sheogorath-grade awesome Breton from the "Alliances" trailer.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
Great song! I think I heard elements from all of your previous skyrim tunes in there :)

Ernil Menegil

Aug 2, 2010
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song
It's attitudes like this that are to blame for many game failures,MMO or not. You only stand to lose by being so dismissive and pessimistic.

Anyways,amazing song,Gav. I,for one,hope that Zenimax and Bethesda find the song,and hope that the game will live up to the hype...And the actions of that patently Sheogorath-grade awesome Breton from the "Alliances" trailer.
I really wish I could be positive about the game myself, but it's almost assured to be a horrid failure on the game side of things.

On Lore, it is absolutely a failure. None of it makes sense. None of it. Some nuggets of interesting knowledge in there, but for the vast majority, it just ... just ...

I need a scotch now.

Incredible song, Gavin! Absolutely fantastic. Have been listening to it time and time again.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Ernil Menegil said:
Riddle78 said:
I.Muir said:
Good song

I really wish I could be positive about the game myself, but it's almost assured to be a horrid failure on the game side of things.

On Lore, it is absolutely a failure. None of it makes sense. None of it. Some nuggets of interesting knowledge in there, but for the vast majority, it just ... just ...

I need a scotch now.

Incredible song, Gavin! Absolutely fantastic. Have been listening to it time and time again.
Ive seen the leaked footage, it looks horrid
Coupled with the extreme messing about with the lore

When companies stop responding to their potential customers and bring out the lawyers and the ban hammers, well it's a trend Ive seen too many times before.