Miracle of Sound: The Grind (Gears of War 3)

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Awesome, as always.

If I may, I would be incredibly excited to see what you could do based on Halo. Since Halo: Anniversary just came out, it would be a good time to do something about that. I have a feeling you could capture the danger, beauty, and mystery of Halo's world and story into an amazing song. I understand if you do it after Skyrim, but seriously, Halo certainly needs a song from you. :D

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
A Curious Fellow said:
Why aren't Americans allowed to give you money?
They are! My songs are on Itunes, Zune, bandcamp etc
I tried yesterday and iTunes claimed I wasn't allowed to purchase your songs "in my region".

Looks like it's fixed though. Enjoy your money!

colostomizer

Jun 7, 2011
*ANOTHER* song?! So soon? Do you not need to sleep, or what? Plus, how the hell can you do a slow, haunting song like Beauty Bleak so well, then rock this kind'a madness, too?

Unless... There's more than one of you! So, go on, just how many Gavins are we dealing with?

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
After listening to your songs a good number of times, I've started noticing weird, yet not entirely out of place sounds places seemingly randomly around in your songs. For instance in this one, right at the start of the second chorus you can hear this high pitch tone, presumably coming from your guitar. But instead of sounding out of place, it adds to the song and makes the chorus more powerful.

Just wondering if things like this is added on purpose, or if they're simply overlooked in the production process?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Excludos said:
After listening to your songs a good number of times, I've started noticing weird, yet not entirely out of place sounds places seemingly randomly around in your songs. For instance in this one, right at the start of the second chorus you can hear this high pitch tone, presumably coming from your guitar. But instead of sounding out of place, it adds to the song and makes the chorus more powerful.

Just wondering if things like this is added on purpose, or if they're simply overlooked in the production process?
That sound is me laying my hand on the guitar strings before starting to play... I liked it so I left it in :D

Sometimes I leave in stuff that just 'gets' in there, sometimes I put things in deliberately.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Herrsunk said:
This song was so hard that it held up the master thief Tyrra-angolo while she was ransacking the balcony of the Seven Fruitful Gods of the Sky Empire Agha, helping her gain the biggest and most awe striking haul in the history of the man and mer combined.

They later got married and had lots and lots babbys. They all grew up to be as awesome as their song-father.
As usual your comment makes me smile :D

Drop_D-Bombshell

Doing Nothing Productive...
Apr 17, 2010
no matter how many times i hear this, chills go down my spin during the chorus. Well sung, i love it.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
You know, except for the first Verse, this could equally work well with Fallout 3