Miracle of Sound: The Grind (Gears of War 3)

Jungy 365

Sep 13, 2010
That was great! Loved the line from the Ballad of Clay Carmine inserted in there, and thought it was the perfect balance of sentimental and ass-kickery, just like the game. Three Gears songs, all of them awesome.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
The Grind (Gears of War 3)

Grab your gear, grab your gun. Join the grind!

Watch Video
Ah yes, good song this week Miracle!

Not that the last one was bad but this one I enjoyed more and nice inserting of that one line from "Ballad of Clay Carmine" there as well. This song actually had a pretty good rock feel to it that didn't leave me with a headache like in the Duke Nuke'em song.

Any hints as to what you're going to do next? :D

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
Another awesome song, got shivers when listened to it for the first time. Also, made me really want to play the GoW series. Looks quite epic.
So, yeah. You've done it again, Gav!

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
That actually more metal than Gears of War

Although this song technically work for non-GoW situation especially if you want to a bunch of random spawning ennemy in order to level up :D

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
I concur. Wasn't a fan of Gears of War, yet this song was kickass. Gav, you never fail to impress.

Maleval

Feb 2, 2011
Awesome, and I've never even played Gears. Loved the sound of the chorus.
Can we expect a Skyrim song in the future? :)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Love everything about this one, mate. Love the keyboard/synth in the verses, love the heavy, pounding beat and the guitars in the chorus, love the lyrics, and love the callback to one of my favourite songs ever. I have a feeling I'll be listening to this one a lot these next few days. :)

Also, I have to ask: Was that "Grind!!" you used on this track a sound file from the game, or was that actually you? In any case, the mental image of you wielding one of those Grinder gatling gun is kind of hilarious. ^^

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
That Ballad of Clay Carmine reference made the song for me.
You really know how to please the crowds.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Loved that callback to Ballad of Clay Carmine
Part of me wanted a more direct follow-up to Ballad, but that reference was still a really nice touch.
The scream at the end seems a little weird, as do the GRINDs, but other than that it was a great song. I really enjoyed the guitar work here. The video wasn't as good as previous ones (Black gold is still the best in my mind), but the music was really well done for the rock/metal vibe.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Wish I could join up, but I think I left my chainsawgun at the smithy while I was busy fighting dragons.

Erm... >.>
<.<
Ooops.

Love the song, full of energy at the right moments. This will get me through the day.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Three consecutive listenings and it is still awesome, great work Gavin!

And I don't even like Gears of War (far too macho space marine for my tastes).

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
Your guitar distortion is a little too muddy. But the song was good. Made me want to play gears.
And I didn't play any of em because I'm a pc elitist :p