Miracle of Sound: The New Black Gold 2013 (Deus Ex: HR)

John P. Hackworth

Sep 21, 2010
Great song, the original version is my favorite Miracle of Sound song. Honestly, this version is still cool but I don't think it added anything to what was already there.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
kailus13 said:
Compared to the original, this one feels too clean, too robotic. ...Well played Mr Dunne.
Thank you for being the first person to actually realise the meta meaning of the song :)

Panorama

Carry on Jeeves
Dec 7, 2010
I was amazing to get the same feeling i did the first time i listened to this, Thank you Gavin!

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
Man, this is better than the original. It makes me really pissed that I bought the old version on iTunes just a few months ago.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
One of my favorite MoS songs a little different now. The guitar riffs are more subdued in the chorus and more synth, with the drums less heavy this time around, but there's more gameplay footage, and I see you used clips from the old [h+]3 trailer, before the game had the official name. I'm not complaining, just pointing out what's different, but well done, Gavin!

zvate

Aug 12, 2010
This original is probably my favorite miracle of sound song and while the new remix is good I'm afraid I'm also on the team that liked the original more. the synth sound of the original seemed a better fit and the elements seemed to merge better. not sure if that has anything to do with the meta thing mentioned but as to preference I definitely prefer the first.

Product Placement

Jul 16, 2009
Just noticed this remastered version. Like zvate, the original is undoubtedly one of my favorite Miracle of sound song coupled with Normandy. Still like it but I'm leaning towards the same opinion that many have already voiced. This version feels a little cluttered, compared to the original.

Venalitor

Jun 15, 2013
I think I'm with the "this is not a match for the original" crew. This sounded almost flat to me. Lifeless in places. A lot of the lyrics just felt wrong for me too. That's not to say it didn't have its moments, there were a few that were rad as I could ask for, but as a whole I feel this song is only okay. It's still the only Miracle of Sound song I have any complaint with though.

Epidemic Magick

Dec 19, 2012
I also liked the original better, it was more 80's, and therefore more cyberpunk. Also, the verses vere more subtle and calm, with the backing vocals (the octave above) giving that surreal atmosphere to them,. I like the chorus and the ending here more than in the original, but overall the old version works better as a whole and as a cyberpunk anthem.