Miracle of Sound: The Spy Who Survived (Skyfall)

maximalist566

Jan 10, 2012
Great song, as always. I like that you can here main Bond theme so it seems like a real Bond intro song. IMHO, the only problem is voice. I think it should be a little lower, somewhere between you own in Sweet L.A. and Louis Armstrong. Your voice is great but creates a little different atmosphere from the one that music creates.

shiajun

Jun 12, 2008
Hey Gav, I had delayed posting on this song until I had watched the movie (which I found absolutely enthralling). I had to buy yoru song. It's now part of the growing Miracle of Sound niche in my computer.

You'rs song is so bond it blows tons of previous official themes out of the water. I've gone back and listened to some of the classic ones and the more recent ones. "The Spy who Survived" really does stand above many of those themes, and I'd put it next to Goldfinger, Tomorrow Never Dies, Licence to Kill and even Skyfall as one of the best themes. It's beautiful. You should let the vocal layering off more often (though I do like the sound of it). Your voice really shines this way.

Yeah, I'm such a Gav junkie by now.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Kinda disappointed the video wasn't the Escapist Staff posing in swimsuits. ;)