Miracle of Sound: Wheatley's Song (Portal 2)

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
Y'know... for an AI programmed to be a complete idiot, Wheatley was really smart. I mean, you don't get many final bosses in sequels who actually go over your tactics that killed the last big bad and build countermeasures to those tactics.

A Curious Fellow

Nov 16, 2010
Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.
I'm sorry you didn't dig the accent.

I did 2 versions - one with my own accent, and it just lost a lot of the humour and vibe of the song without the British-ness. So I asked around a few people who all loved the accent, so I kept it this way.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
A Curious Fellow said:
Jesus Miracle, THANK YOU for the spoiler warning. I'll check out the song and rave about it after I've played the game.
There are no spoilers in the song, only the video.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Xman490 said:
If Wheatley's IQ is... well, you know... then GLaDOS's IQ is the space from here to the SUN.
The joke is that the space from here to the moon is in fact, not infinite... in otherwords, Wheatley is mistaken about his own IQ.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
What accent?
If we're talking a British one, it was done pretty well, I'm British and couldn't tell if it was put on, only noticed 'cos people have said on here that there was some accent or other. Ta for not attempting the Merchant's accent though, I also happen to be from the West Country and... a bad version of our accent is more painful than the normal version.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Miracle you fool! If you keep creating epic music then your fans are gonna cause a riot if you ever stop! xD

Loved the accent by the way.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Good job. Terrible accent, though. But it didn't detract from the song too much.
I'm sorry you didn't dig the accent.

I did 2 versions - one with my own accent, and it just lost a lot of the humour and vibe of the song without the British-ness. So I asked around a few people who all loved the accent, so I kept it this way.
Actually I thought you nailed that West Country accent pretty much, certainly in the chorus at any rate. It wasn't quite so noticable during the main verses, but then again I've noticed that accents don't usually translate all that well when people sing anyway. Great job, really enjoyed this one!

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Sooo, you really like doing happy songs, don't you?

And this one sounds really familiar. The lyrics, still, are totally great.

btenkink

May 28, 2009
So Gavin, how does it feel to be the envy of every gamer/musician on earth?

Good tunes as always, man.

Wieke

Quite Dutch.
Mar 30, 2009
Nice song, though not as good as "Fire in your hole". Gotta say, you have my inner astronomer crying out at the mention of "infinite space" between the earth and the moon. (The moon is quite close by actually.)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Wieke said:
Nice song, though not as good as "Fire in your hole". Gotta say, you have my inner astronomer crying out at the mention of "infinite space" between the earth and the moon. (The moon is quite close by actually.)
Yes, that's the joke - it's actually not an infinite space from here to the moon.

It's to imply that Wheatley is not as clever as he thinks he is.

BOBdotEXE

Nov 17, 2009
awesome song;
however, the singing turrets could have been synced to the song better.