This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Probably, but not for a while. With open world, huge games like that I would find it hard to give a cemented opinion after just a few days playing... I'll do my best though!

I too have been searching for good co-op or split-screen games and can't find any. My brother loves gaming but hates shooters and there just aren't any games on the 360 we can play together. It sucks.
Excellent. I shall look forward to the PM notifying me. :)

Yeah, the best someone in GAME could come up with when I asked him was a super bike game. And that was after ten minutes of umming and ahhing. It's annoying as nearly all my MP games are shooters, with just a different style of playing. But the endless 'shooting stuff in face' is still the same in the end, at least to me. As for games you and your bro can play, how about Viva Pinata? Has a co-op mode, of sorts, and it's quite clever and makes you think, despite the 3+ age rating on the front. Plus, it's really cute. And I like cute things.
Never thought of that! Must get the demo and try it.

We tried Kingdom for Keflings and it was ok, but not so engaging. Splosion man looks fun though!
Do so, it's very good and one of my favourite games ever.

And the demo of Splosion Man is great fun. I'd advise getting that if you can.

cloudwolf616

Jul 22, 2009
Country
Ireland
MiracleOfSound said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
I do not giggle!!!
Seriously man when i rang u i was just in fresh pants fucking hella scary!
You do giggle, ask anyone who's ever played a private game of MW2 on Rust with you and they'll agree :D

I Hate you Gav!
Sweet reviw man you up for some BF or MW2???? I know how much you love noob tubes.......haha

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Neonbob said:
That was a good read, Miracle. Well worth my five minutes.
As far as content goes, I can't really judge reviews too well...I tend to think most of the reviews I read here are decent.
But this was nice. You seemed to cover everything you had in mind about the game without going into five and a half tons of detail.
Thanks bud, I'm actually always paranoid about making the reviews too long... with games like this there's just so much to talk about! I actually left out a bunch of stuff I wanted to say because it would have become waffle.
You were worried about making something like <url=http://25.media.tumblr.com/QK27Xs5ZNmuiu79fqxJOq2mko1_500.gif>this? :p
Really, I get your point. That's probably a handy thing to be paranoid about :p

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Nice review, I've played, finished and loved the game already and we've pretty much had identical views on the game. My god the friendly AI, first time in a game where I have actually wanted the support (Mainly for the extra light mind you).
The only slight problem I had with it was the story, mainly Alan's story. I found it quite predictable actually (but that probably because I have read loads of Stephen King books and can kind of see where the writing is going) but it was delivered in a fantastic way, plus the background of the town and support characters was very good, I found myself wanting to know more about them than Alan and his stupid wife.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Cloudwolf616 said:
I Hate you Gav!
Sweet reviw man you up for some BF or MW2???? I know how much you love noob tubes.......haha
Ha.... remember how hard I raged the last time we played MW2?

And how hard you giggled? ha

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rusman said:
Nice review, I've played, finished and loved the game already and we've pretty much had identical views on the game. My god the friendly AI, first time in a game where I have actually wanted the support (Mainly for the extra light mind you).
The only slight problem I had with it was the story, mainly Alan's story. I found it quite predictable actually (but that probably because I have read loads of Stephen King books and can kind of see where the writing is going) but it was delivered in a fantastic way, plus the background of the town and support characters was very good, I found myself wanting to know more about them than Alan and his stupid wife.
In that case, you have a better sense of perception than I, because I was totally taken aback by all the twists!

And yeah, Barry and the other Ai were a joy to bring on missions. And the missions they were on were the best in the game.

As a matter of interest, did you ever read Insomnia? That was my favorite King book for a long time, amazing stuff. Loved Desperation too.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Rusman said:
In that case, you have a better sense of perception than I, because I was totally taken aback by all the twists!

And yeah, Barry and the other Ai were a joy to bring on missions. And the missions they were on were the best in the game.

As a matter of interest, did you ever read Insomnia? That was my favorite King book for a long time, amazing stuff. Loved Desperation too.
I've read about half of Insomnia I think... Not sure what I've done with it. Desperation is really good, all the ones about ancient evil I like. Plus the cop in Desperation freaked me out a bit.
Personally love The Stand purely because of it frankly epic scale. Plus the character development is amazing, it'd have to be in a book that big I guess.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Rusman said:
Plus the cop in Desperation freaked me out a bit.
'Tak!'

Rusman said:
Personally love The Stand purely because of it frankly epic scale. Plus the character development is amazing, it'd have to be in a book that big I guess.
Indeed, it is an epic. As is Christine... man I could go on all day about how much I loved his books growing up. So much good stuff!

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I am confuzzled: Since when was Alyx ever not annoying or in your way?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Bought the limited edition at the same time as Red Dead.

Guess which game's sitting on the shelf?

Red Dead.

Guess which game I think is BETTER than Silent Hill, even better than 2?

Alan Wake.

Guess which game I can't wait to try on Nightmare mode?

Alan Wake.

Guess when the free DLC is out?

July 28th...
There's DLC?? It's free?

Any details on it? Surely it's not going to continue the story?
There should have been a code in the box. Then again, I got the Limited Edition, so I don't know if it's standard.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
This is a great review. You almost convinced me to add this to my list of games I can't decide between, but then I saw this

-Frustrating cheap deaths and enemy attacks
-Crappy, glitchy jumping physics
-Pixelated textures
-Repetitive, dull first half
-Those damn birds
and this.

It's been canceled for PC.
[sub]For those that are interested, the list currently has Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and Just Cause 2 on it.[/sub]

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
good review. I might pick it up when the price drops as I don't particularly like being scared, but if the story is good I can usually slog through it.

Rusman

Aug 12, 2008
Rusman said:
Indeed, it is an epic. As is Christine... man I could go on all day about how much I loved his books growing up. So much good stuff![/quote]

I with you on that as well. Used to nick them from my mums book shelf because she thought they were too old for me. But anyway I digress. I'll say it again, nice review. I like your style as it were :)

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Very well done review. I want to buy this game. Nice job Miracle :)
I'm a little disturbed by the pixelation, but maybe it can be something I could ignore in the game if I'm emerged enough.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Souplex said:
I am confuzzled: Since when was Alyx ever not annoying or in your way?
I admit she got in the way once or twice but really I never found her annoying! The other NPCs in HL2 were damn annoying though... stupid medics

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
VanityGirl said:
Very well done review. I want to buy this game. Nice job Miracle :)
I'm a little disturbed by the pixelation, but maybe it can be something I could ignore in the game if I'm emerged enough.
Thank you :)
Yeah it really isn't a big deal. You'll only notice it when you're looking close, it's only blatant on one or two texture types.

Rusman said:
I with you on that as well. Used to nick them from my mums book shelf because she thought they were too old for me. But anyway I digress. I'll say it again, nice review. I like your style as it were :)
Thanks for the kind words!

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Egad! I'm 2 days away from getting my copy. I can hardly wait!

Sorry i can't leave much of a comment, I'm a bit sick and my mind isn't working well. Mjhhiv covered pretty much everything I wanted to say. Lose the sub headings, use transitions.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I like the new format, Miracle. You laid out the review very well and made things nice and clear.

Keep up the great work!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Splosion man looks fun though!
The co-op is horrid. Don't do it. It's a great single player game. But the co-op require an N+/I Wanna Be the Guy level of precision.