Miracle's Whip- Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Armored Prayer said:
Why haven't I tried this game yet? Everybody tells me its better than MW2 but I get the felling their both different games. (except the weapons and modern setting)

Your review basically convince me to at least try this game out. Well done considering it hard to influence me like this.
Thanks! :)

They are completely different games. They feel nothing alike in tone or play mechanics, it's all a bunch of BS about them being similar.
Which to be honest is why I was never interested in this game. All its BS saying its the 'MW2 killer' and its constant insults really put me off this game.

But hearing good things about it from a good friend, and reading your review I'm actually really interested in this game now. I'll plan on playing this sometime soon.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TimeLord said:
[ (except Bioshock 2)
I reviewed that too actually, the link is at the end of the review above.

I loved Bioshock 2 as well. Did you enjoy the multi? It was pretty wacky and fun!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Recon is a misunderstood class, however. Lots of players don't seem to grasp the concept that no... you are not a bloody sniper. Your job is to spot for your team, point out enemies and take the odd headshot if the opportunity arises.
Yeah...Im gonna have to disagree with you there. Until you level up considerably you don't have spotting equipment besides for your motion mines. In my personal experience, motion mine assists are few and far in between, because they are limited time use, and you have to be fairly close to use them. I think that you CAN sit back and just spot for your team, but just because the name says recon, doesn't mean you gotta sit there and wait for your team to do all the dirty work. I felt like the recon class was more for suppression of turrets, vehicles, and objective interferes. A combination of mortar strikes and good aim can really keep an enemy team from screwing with your goals if you have good backup. So in short, I do feel like recon is a 'bloody sniper', and powered up enough to hold its own in the field of battle. Great review overall, I just happened to play alot of recon and thought a friendly disagreement was in order :)
No problem, I see your point.

Spotting is easy even at the start though, just gotta hit that back button! The kind of player I'm referring to is the one who comes straight form COD land and thinks he's only there to get kills.

Basically, the dude in the picture caption!
I think we have a point of agreement here hidden in all of it. I believe that the recon can and SHOULD be looking out for kills, but I also think that he needs to use his mortars and spotting to let his team advance. A sniper killing people in itself can be a suppressive force, so i think our common goal of team support can be found
Absolutely. Agreed 100%

When do you unlock the mortar? I have only played 1 game as a Recon, I didn't enjoy it that much. And how often can you use it? I was in a game last night that seemed like the mortars kept coming one every 2-3 minutes.

UnusualStranger

Keep a hat handy
Jan 23, 2010
This review was quite good.

It seemed to be full of praise, and happy with all the stuff that they experienced. One thing though.

Other than the crappy team in 1 player, is there anything else that is negative? I mean, is the game really all that good?
All this good news makes me suspicious.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Another good review there. I can't comment on the MP portion because I simply don't do MP (though I might break that dictum for the "War for Cybertron" online co-op), but the SP was good, silly and solid fun. Still, while I agree on the point that the gameplay mechanics and the overall experience feels more refined (descending the mountain was pretty cool), I liked the first game's campaign better seeing how it was so... what was that word you used...? Jolly! ^^

.. ... .. DUST!!!!!! *twitch*

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
UnusualStranger said:
Other than the crappy team in 1 player, is there anything else that is negative? I mean, is the game really all that good?
All this good news makes me suspicious.
Well, as I mentioned the campaign dips about halfway and get a bit repetitive. That along with some awful vehicle sections.

One thing I did forget to mention is that some of the checkpointing can feel a little harsh by today's standards. I was surprised to get thrown back about 10-15 minutes' play time at one point after dying.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
Another good review there. I can't comment on the MP portion because I simply don't do MP (though I might break that dictum for the "War for Cybertron" online co-op), but the SP was good, silly and solid fun. Still, while I agree on the point that the gameplay mechanics and the overall experience feels more refined (descending the mountain was pretty cool), I liked the first game's campaign better seeing how it was so... what was that word you used...? Jolly! ^^

Yeah, the dust could be a real pain alright. Especially on that desert level.

And man one of us has to get the other console so we can play War For Cybertron, that game is going to rule!

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
If you're gonna try a military shooter this os probably the least frustrating one out there. If you're just looking for single player, MW2 has an awesome one too (in fact, I prefer MW2's campaign).
I watched a buddy of mine playing the Call of Duty(I think) campaign, where you are in a ghillie suit and crawling through the grass underneath enemy soldiers. It seemed really cool.

Maybe it's time for me to branch out from Halo and Gears.
Ah yes, 'All Ghillied Up'

That was the most famous and popular mission in COD4, and it was a work of genius. That field scene was terrifying!
That's probably why he picked that mission to show me.

I must admit, although I never found myself wanting to play these types of games, when he showed me that mission, I was a bit mesmerized by it. I kept worrying he was going to get stepped on and found out.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
If you're gonna try a military shooter this os probably the least frustrating one out there. If you're just looking for single player, MW2 has an awesome one too (in fact, I prefer MW2's campaign).
I watched a buddy of mine playing the Call of Duty(I think) campaign, where you are in a ghillie suit and crawling through the grass underneath enemy soldiers. It seemed really cool.

That was the most famous and popular mission in COD4, and it was a work of genius. That field scene was terrifying!

I must admit, although I never found myself wanting to play these types of games, when he showed me that mission, I was a bit mesmerized by it. I kept worrying he was going to get stepped on and found out.
Yeah, it's one thing that Call of Duty is really good at, making those kind of intense set piece missions.

There's a great one in MW2 where you sneak through an air base in a snowstorm with a heartbeat sensor gun, blow up a fuel tank, save your commander from being executed, have a huge firefight on the runway and end up hurtling down a mountainside on a snowmobile.

Great stuff!

Jul 9, 2008
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:

Simply put, that level is amazing. Best one in the CoD4, but the rest of the game is still amazing. If you're trying to get into shooters set in the modern day, that is undoubtedly where you should start. MW2 is polarizing, but practically everyone agrees that CoD4 was incredible.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Yeah, it's one thing that Call of Duty is really good at, making those kind of intense set piece missions.

There's a great one in MW2 where you sneak through an air base in a snowstorm with a heartbeat sensor gun, blow up a fuel tank, save your commander from being executed, have a huge firefight on the runway and end up hurtling down a mountainside on a snowmobile.

Great stuff!
orannis62 said:
Simply put, that level is amazing. Best one in the CoD4, but the rest of the game is still amazing. If you're trying to get into shooters set in the modern day, that is undoubtedly where you should start. MW2 is polarizing, but practically everyone agrees that CoD4 was incredible.
All right, all right! I can take a hint. I'll check out CoD4 then.

Peer pressure is a terrible thing, I tell you.

Actually, my buddy might be a little miffed that he couldn't convince me from showing me the game but two people online convinced me to play it. So let's hope he doesn't visit the Escapist, because there's not much subterfuge in my username.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
I just revenge rushed a sniper...

...with the mini UAV Chopper.

You can get kills by flying the UAV Chopper into people.

This game just keeps getting better!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Nice review, I'm not really the target audience as I don't play shooters for the multi-player and have little to no interest in the glut of modern-military FPS games, but if I was I would have found this quite useful.

Instead I just found it amusing and entertaining, so that's okay then.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
TimeLord said:
[ (except Bioshock 2)
I reviewed that too actually, the link is at the end of the review above.

I loved Bioshock 2 as well. Did you enjoy the multi? It was pretty wacky and fun!
Yea I have read your Bioshock 2 review, I love the multiplayer for it. Running around with Plasmids and big daddys never gets old.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Sonicron said:

Yeah, the dust could be a real pain alright. Especially on that desert level.

And man one of us has to get the other console so we can play War For Cybertron, that game is going to rule!
I already have both consoles. However, if I were to get the X360 version of the game I'd also have to pay for XBL in order to be able to play online. Damn you, M$. -.-
Come on, just get the PS3. You know you want to. ;P

Jul 9, 2008
meganmeave said:
MiracleOfSound said:

Great stuff!
orannis62 said:
All right, all right! I can take a hint. I'll check out CoD4 then.

Peer pressure is a terrible thing, I tell you.

Actually, my buddy might be a little miffed that he couldn't convince me from showing me the game but two people online convinced me to play it. So let's hope he doesn't visit the Escapist, because there's not much subterfuge in my username.
You know that you can change your username once, right?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Very nice review.

Nice flow, kept me entertained for the shiny things that live in my bedr- Ooo, shiny. *Leaves to play with shiny thing*

...Dammit. To continue my...thingy I'm doing, good spelling, no grammar mistakes that I could spot and as I said befire, nice flow that kept it from getting boring.
Sounds like a blast and may have to take your advice and give it a rental some when. Or wait til it gets dropped in price to £20. Which is gonna take for bloody ever!