Miracle's Whip- Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
orannis62 said:
You know that you can change your username once, right?
Yes, and I have thought about it. But then I decided I'd be changing my name just to seem cooler than I was. And, as I am decidedly a dork, my current username is more descriptive of my personality than anything I could choose I think.

Using my real name is pretty much indicative of the awkward things I do in real life as well.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
Nice review, I wanna get this game now. I loved the old Battlefields (I say old, only 2 and 2142 but hey).

Sounds good.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sonicron said:
Another good review there. I can't comment on the MP portion because I simply don't do MP (though I might break that dictum for the "War for Cybertron" online co-op), but the SP was good, silly and solid fun. Still, while I agree on the point that the gameplay mechanics and the overall experience feels more refined (descending the mountain was pretty cool), I liked the first game's campaign better seeing how it was so... what was that word you used...? Jolly! ^^

.. ... .. DUST!!!!!! *twitch*
Yeah, the dust could be a real pain alright. Especially on that desert level.

And man one of us has to get the other console so we can play War For Cybertron, that game is going to rule!
I already have both consoles. However, if I were to get the X360 version of the game I'd also have to pay for XBL in order to be able to play online. Damn you, M$. -.-
Come on, just get the PS3. You know you want to. ;P
Believe me... I want one but I'm just too poor:(

God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian... there are so many PS3 games I want to play.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Very nice review.

Nice flow, kept me entertained for the shiny things that live in my bedr- Ooo, shiny. *Leaves to play with shiny thing*

...Dammit. To continue my...thingy I'm doing, good spelling, no grammar mistakes that I could spot and as I said befire, nice flow that kept it from getting boring.
Sounds like a blast and may have to take your advice and give it a rental some when. Or wait til it gets dropped in price to £20. Which is gonna take for bloody ever!
Yeah it's only a fiver cheaper second hand.

But when you get it, get it new, because you get extra maps and stuff for buying a new copy.

And I have a request.... of sorts...

Dr Cox is cool, but Smile Dog makes me scared...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Very nice review.

Nice flow, kept me entertained for the shiny things that live in my bedr- Ooo, shiny. *Leaves to play with shiny thing*

...Dammit. To continue my...thingy I'm doing, good spelling, no grammar mistakes that I could spot and as I said befire, nice flow that kept it from getting boring.
Sounds like a blast and may have to take your advice and give it a rental some when. Or wait til it gets dropped in price to £20. Which is gonna take for bloody ever!

But when you get it, get it new, because you get extra maps and stuff for buying a new copy.

I'll keep that in mind.

And I may change it later on, if I get more messages telling me it scares people.
But if it is really freaking you out, I'll change it back as soon as.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Very nice review.

I'll keep that in mind.

And I may change it later on, if I get more messages telling me it scares people.
Hehe, I think it's because I now associate you with Dr Cox in some way, it's alarming to see the evil doggie instead. (And that's a compliment by the way, Dr Cox is cool)

It's like when I changed my avatar to a scene from Amelie, no-one recognized me anymore and those who did kept nagging me to go back to Soundwave so I did. I like Soundwave.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Believe me... I want one but I'm just too poor:(

God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Last Guardian... there are so many PS3 games I want to play.
Yeah, I'd be happy to play Last Guardian, too... as of now, though, it appears Team Ico are perfectly fine with dicking about and not releasing any new info.

Also, how much does a PS3 cost where you live? Even the PS3 Slim 120GB costs less than 300 Euros around here, and I'm sure they sometimes temporarily reduce the price even further. Just do what I did: Go hungry for a few months! Believe me, it saves cash like nobody's business! :p

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Very nice review.

I'll keep that in mind.

Hehe, I think it's because I now associate you with Dr Cox in some way, it's alarming to see the evil doggie instead. (And that's a compliment by the way, Dr Cox is cool)

It's like when I changed my avatar to a scene from Amelie, no-one recognized me anymore and those who did kept nagging me to go back to Soundwave so I did. I like Soundwave.
I agree. Dr. Cox is cool. Very cool.

And I didn't really recognise you with that other avy. Wasn't it the one with the creepy skeleton?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
CokeColaForTheWIn said:
RanD00M said:
Good review.I really liked the SP for this game,but I din't have time when I played it to try the MP.The only problem with the SP is the fact that I was only 4 hours with it.Which is 4 times too short for taste.
you must have played on the easy level, because my campaign lasted 10 hours on hard.

Great review, nice to know that SOME people are not biased. I really miss the funny from the last game.
I was actually on normal.And there is nothing wrong with playing on easy...Just saying.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
Yeah, I'd be happy to play Last Guardian, too... as of now, though, it appears Team Ico are perfectly fine with dicking about and not releasing any new info.

Also, how much does a PS3 cost where you live? Even the PS3 Slim 120GB costs less than 300 Euros around here, and I'm sure they sometimes temporarily reduce the price even further. Just do what I did: Go hungry for a few months! Believe me, it saves cash like nobody's business! :p
They're about 300 Euros here too. But when I say I'm broke, I mean a month behind with the rent kinda broke!

I'll get one someday this year. When I have a little money saved. I can't go hungry, the missus won't let me which is probably a good thing haha

RanD00M said:
I was actually on normal.And there is nothing wrong with playing on easy...Just saying.
Damn right, everyone should play on whatever level they have the most fun with. BC2 is a hard game and a lot of players would find it a more pleasant experience on easy.

Sassafrass said:
[
I agree. Dr. Cox is cool. Very cool.

And I didn't really recognise you with that other avy. Wasn't it the one with the creepy skeleton?
Yeah, the ghost train scene where Audrey Tatou (swoon) meets the skeleton man... amazing scene.

Such a gorgeous woman:

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Jenova65 said:
They'll be offering you a job if you keep this up :) Another entertaining review :)
That would be awesome... I'm pretty broke :D
That's cos you are a musician, it's like a law or something that you have to be broke ;-)

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Recon is a misunderstood class, however. Lots of players don't seem to grasp the concept that no... you are not a bloody sniper. Your job is to spot for your team, point out enemies and take the odd headshot if the opportunity arises.
Yeah...Im gonna have to disagree with you there. Until you level up considerably you don't have spotting equipment besides for your motion mines. In my personal experience, motion mine assists are few and far in between, because they are limited time use, and you have to be fairly close to use them. I think that you CAN sit back and just spot for your team, but just because the name says recon, doesn't mean you gotta sit there and wait for your team to do all the dirty work. I felt like the recon class was more for suppression of turrets, vehicles, and objective interferes. A combination of mortar strikes and good aim can really keep an enemy team from screwing with your goals if you have good backup. So in short, I do feel like recon is a 'bloody sniper', and powered up enough to hold its own in the field of battle. Great review overall, I just happened to play alot of recon and thought a friendly disagreement was in order :)
No problem, I see your point.

Spotting is easy even at the start though, just gotta hit that back button! The kind of player I'm referring to is the one who comes straight form COD land and thinks he's only there to get kills.

Basically, the dude in the picture caption!
I think we have a point of agreement here hidden in all of it. I believe that the recon can and SHOULD be looking out for kills, but I also think that he needs to use his mortars and spotting to let his team advance. A sniper killing people in itself can be a suppressive force, so i think our common goal of team support can be found
Absolutely. Agreed 100%

When do you unlock the mortar? I have only played 1 game as a Recon, I didn't enjoy it that much. And how often can you use it? I was in a game last night that seemed like the mortars kept coming one every 2-3 minutes.
I don't know precisely but it isn't really that hard to unlock. 4-5 games decently done I think, maso menos. It recharges probably in one minute i think? I usually pop one off, wait for it to stop, snipe two guys and its good to go.
What it really comes down to is a commitment to the class. Once you start putting time in it, it gets alot better. I don't care what you say, (but of course I do in terms of civilized discussion), but there is nothing more satisfying than a 200 point marksman headshot from all the way across the map. Recon takes patience, but it is extraordinarily rewarding. And play until you get the mortar at least, I always use it and sometimes its vital to survival. (Except of course loading up an ATV with 6 packs of C4 and driving into an objective)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
[
I don't know precisely but it isn't really that hard to unlock. 4-5 games decently done I think, maso menos. It recharges probably in one minute i think? I usually pop one off, wait for it to stop, snipe two guys and its good to go.
What it really comes down to is a commitment to the class. Once you start putting time in it, it gets alot better. I don't care what you say, (but of course I do in terms of civilized discussion), but there is nothing more satisfying than a 200 point marksman headshot from all the way across the map. Recon takes patience, but it is extraordinarily rewarding. And play until you get the mortar at least, I always use it and sometimes its vital to survival. (Except of course loading up an ATV with 6 packs of C4 and driving into an objective)
'Recon requires patience'...

This is why I won't be playing the class much... I don't have any! :D

But everything you said made sense.

I'm just the kinda person who prefers to be running around like a lunatic in the heat of action with explosions going off all around me!

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
dementedartist22 said:
[

I'm just the kinda person who prefers to be running around like a lunatic in the heat of action with explosions going off all around me!
well then recon is just for you! err, in a sense. There are some that say that running around with a shotgun, c4, and motion mines make the best close range class there is

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
dementedartist22 said:
[

well then recon is just for you! err, in a sense. There are some that say that running around with a shotgun, c4, and motion mines make the best close range class there is
Hmmm must give it a try so sometime! C4 makes for some funny kills...

...thought nothing beats the first time discovering I could fly the UAV helicopter into people's faces.

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Hmmm must give it a try so sometime! C4 makes for some funny kills...

...thought nothing beats the first time discovering I could fly the UAV helicopter into people's faces.
I definitely agree, but yeah man its fun stuff. Recon doesn't seem to get enough respect, (except of course in HC, which is ridiculous, and two hit kills are fine with me, epsecially with the not-so-occasional one hit headshot. But alas, I am in woe. I do not own the game anymore. It may discredit me to some degree, but I only borrowed it for a week...I got plenty of play time in of course, and completely leveled the sniper, vehicles, and partial medic and demo, but not assault.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Thanks, I'll get BC2 after SSFIV. I'd get it sooner but, you know..

SHAKUNETSU HADOUKEN!!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
I definitely agree, but yeah man its fun stuff. Recon doesn't seem to get enough respect, (except of course in HC, which is ridiculous, and two hit kills are fine with me, epsecially with the not-so-occasional one hit headshot. But alas, I am in woe. I do not own the game anymore. It may discredit me to some degree, but I only borrowed it for a week...I got plenty of play time in of course, and completely leveled the sniper, vehicles, and partial medic and demo, but not assault.
You on XBOX Live? If so send me an add when you get it and we'll team up!

I dunno what it is about this game but I do so much better than in MW2...

Like I could play 15 games of MW2 and top the scoreboard once... but last night I played 6 games of BC2 and came overall first place 4 times. It's odd because I'm very average at shooters and my aim isn't the best. I just use my head more and find good routes to the M-Comms and stuff.

It could have been a fluke of course. Not getting my hopes up too much :D