Miracle's Whip- Battlefield: Bad Company 2

lasersandbearsohno

Nov 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
You on XBOX Live? If so send me an add when you get it and we'll team up!

I dunno what it is about this game but I do so much better than in MW2...

Like I could play 15 games of MW2 and top the scoreboard once... but last night I played 6 games of BC2 and came overall first place 4 times. It's odd because I'm very average at shooters and my aim isn't the best. I just use my head more and find good routes to the M-Comms and stuff.

It could have been a fluke of course. Not getting my hopes up too much :D
Unfortunately no, I am on the PSN. As far as mw2 goes too, I come in first when there aren't mega jerks dominating the game or boosters. Although, in FFA, I come in first a legitimate 80% of the time. I'm not good in any other mode to this degree, its just the UMP45, silence, holo, stopping power is amazing.

Wow...we really hijacked this thread, no?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
dementedartist22 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
You on XBOX Live? If so send me an add when you get it and we'll team up!

I dunno what it is about this game but I do so much better than in MW2...

Like I could play 15 games of MW2 and top the scoreboard once... but last night I played 6 games of BC2 and came overall first place 4 times. It's odd because I'm very average at shooters and my aim isn't the best. I just use my head more and find good routes to the M-Comms and stuff.

It could have been a fluke of course. Not getting my hopes up too much :D
Unfortunately no, I am on the PSN. As far as mw2 goes too, I come in first when there aren't mega jerks dominating the game or boosters. Although, in FFA, I come in first a legitimate 80% of the time. I'm not good in any other mode to this degree, its just the UMP45, silence, holo, stopping power is amazing.

Wow...we really hijacked this thread, no?
Yes but it's ok, one may hijack one's own thread :p

My beginner's luck didn't last... got annihalated all day today and even got spawn trapped on Laguna Alta.

The UMP is amazing alright... I was shocked to find you could get looong range kills with it.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Freebird. said:
Nice review. I still probably won't get this any time soon, I'm more likely to get the first one since it's cheaper and, according to a lot of people, better. That said, this was very well written. Good job.
I can't stress this enough... the first one isn't better.

The controls in it were truly awful, really fiddly. I found it almost unplayable. Try the demo before you get it, that way you'll know if they're going to piss you off or not.

Plus thanks for the props!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jenova65 said:
They'll be offering you a job if you keep this up :) Another entertaining review :)
Aw :) thanks!

EDIT:

Sorry, I forgot I'd replied already...

(Makes mental note to stop posting while drunk)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
danpascooch said:
I gotta be honest, I didn't read the review, but the pictures were great!
Naughty. I suggest you go back and read it, so you may be enlightened.

Legendsmith

Mar 9, 2010
Yeeah... Think I'll be buying it.

Another thing, I know a guy who plays the recon class properly:
http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/pc/BigGunsNeverTire
(Look at his dogtags and shotgun kills)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Korten12 said:
great review, now if it only worked more often on my pc...
I've heard the PC version has issues alright.

Some people talked about not even being able to open it up, let alone have it crash on them.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
Great Review man. I loved the first game and this just looks like it improved on everything. I liked your strategy for dealing with campers too

Mr Jack

Sep 10, 2008
Enjoyed the review, well done.

An open question; does anyone know whether Onslaught is worth it? Really have not heard about it at all.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Lionsfan said:
Great Review man. I loved the first game and this just looks like it improved on everything. I liked your strategy for dealing with campers too
Cheers.

And yeah, that's my favorite thing about the online... someone's hiding in a corner with a shotgun and sniper rifle? Bring the roof down on his head!

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
The PC version is largely neglected by EA / Dice. Let's put it like this:

There are a significant number of bugs/glitches.
1) The netcode sucks, so it's often laggy - even when playing on servers in the same TOWN as me, and I've got a 5 Down / 1 Up line!.
2) The hit detection is HORRIBLE. At nearly point blank range (~10m), you can fire a shotgun (with pellets, not slugs) at a dude who's standing still and completely oblivious to you... and not get a hit with a single pellet! You can empty an entire clip into a dude in CQC, and still not kill him (a lot of guns are 5+ body hits). You can see blood spray from a .50 Cal HMG round, and the dude's still at full health.
3) There are a number of guns that are significantly better than others, and some of them you get fairly early on. It's pretty clear that there's a problem, when there's 28+ weapons in the game, and ~75% of weapon usage is made up by 3 of 'em!
4) You can walk up behind a dude, knife him in the back 4 times and not kill him. Then he finally catches on, turns around and knifes you once and gets the kill.

Since the game was released, despite constant promises to resolve these (and many other) issues. And since release, they have:
1) released a patch for the consoles only;
2) released some DLC for the consoles only;
3) released new maps and game modes - you guessed it - for the consoles only; and
4) are now working on the next purchased expansion pack.

We've only recently received a patch to the PC version. The patch notes only covered half the issues they'd promised to fix... and only about 80% of the patch notes actually worked. There are some bugs that they've "fixed" that are still very much alive and kicking!

And don't even get me started on the poor game design decisions. Just as an example... giving one class a) the medpack, b) the resuscitator, and c) a heavy machine gun that can outshoot sniper rifles, but has a RoF of 600+ RPM and 100 rounds of ammo is so totally balanced, don'tya know. Oh yeah... and if you thought the noob-tube in MW was bad, just wait until you meet Uncle Carl!

Add to that the TERRIBLE customer service. My clan stomped all over another clan in a ranked match. This was a BAD thing... because we later discovered that one of the forum administrators is in that clan. Since then we have been repeatedly harrassed on the forums. Our recruiting threads are locked for minor violations of TOS (often not even committed by our members). When some of our members complained about this, they were banned from the forums - and since EA ties everything into your EA account, they've lost access to every online EA game they own as well! And when we reported this to the CSR's, giving numerous examples of how we're harrassed for things that nobody else gets nailed for nothing happened. They reported it to the forum administration 'for action'. Let's be serious... a dude's trolling on your recruiting thread, calling you all "ghey fagg0ts" (or some such - never got the hang of l33t-speak) and you tell him to stop being an idiot... you get banned and the thread locked, and the troll is posting on your new thread tomorrow. Seriously. WTF?

So no... BFBC2 has the POTENTIAL to be an absolutely awesome game. But it's been ruined by blatant stupidity and mismanagement.

Divine-Devil

Aug 29, 2008
Bad Company 2 continues to improve for me; of course, the campaign will feel predictable during the series, but the online component is a great time-sink.

Your review convinced me to give the game another chunk of my time, so thank you! I look forward to more of your work.