Miracle's Whip - Bioshock 2

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Ninjamedic said:
That's it? What about weapon modification?
That's where the Power To The People stations come in.

You can upgrade the weapons 3 times, once per station.
I think there are about 7-8 stations in the game, total
Any Advice prior to renting it?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Ninjamedic said:
Any Advice prior to renting it?
Fully upgrade the shotgun.

It's worth it.
It really is.

Get the ammo upgrade first.

Oh, and save all the Little Sisters.

Oh, right, I forgot: BUY IT
Right, right and right then.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
wait... hold up... Gold account? do you need to pay for Bioshock 2 multiplayer?

edit: didnt notice it was the 360 version.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
That's where the Power To The People stations come in.

You can upgrade the weapons 3 times, once per station.
I think there are about 7-8 stations in the game, total
Actually, there are 14 of them if gamefaqs is to be believed. (Yeah, I don't want to miss any upgrades, so sue me for taking a peek! :p)

OT: Good work! Appropriate length, fitting pictures, nice wording... and I definitely enjoy your brand of humor. Please, keep it up, I want to see more reviews!

(It's a weird coincidence... since I can't play AvP until Friday [damn you, Steam!] I rented Bioshock 2 today to bridge the time. Heh. Now I probably won't stop playing until 4am. ^^)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Heh. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the glitches.

Can I backtrack EVERYWHERE, or are some audio diaries are missable?

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
Huh. The choice "Harvest" and "Adopt" were swapped at my game. So I had to press X to adopt the Little Sister.

So, I pressed X.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Korten12 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
wait... hold up... Gold account? do you need to pay for Bioshock 2 multiplayer?
You have to pay for any multiplayer on XBOX Live.

Ninjamedic said:
Would ya mind going into more detail with the weapon variety?
Noted for next review.

My personal fave is the fully upgraded shotgun, as it fires electric bucks. The Rivet gun is great for traps, the Spear gun becomes a sniper rifle when upgraded and there's a machine gun, rocket launcher and my beloved drill.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

Actually it's not like the first game, once you're done with a level you can't go back. Kinda sucky.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Actually it's not like the first game, once you're done with a level you can't go back. Kinda sucky.
Awww fuck. I'm about 1-2 hours in (at the part where you need to get Incinerate, to minimize spoilers, since that doesn't spoil anything), and was hoping to backtrack...

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
Noted for next review.

My personal fave is the fully upgraded shotgun, as it fires electric bucks. The Rivet gun is great for traps, the Spear gun becomes a sniper rifle when upgraded and there's a machine gun, rocket launcher and my beloved drill.
No that's all i needed to know, your review was perfect anyway, hope you do a BBC2 review!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sonicron said:
OT: Good work! Appropriate length, fitting pictures, nice wording... and I definitely enjoy your brand of humor. Please, keep it up, I want to see more reviews!

(It's a weird coincidence... since I can't play AvP until Friday [damn you, Steam!] I rented Bioshock 2 today to bridge the time. Heh. Now I probably won't stop playing until 4am. ^^)
Indeed you will, it's a pretty compelling game! And thanks for the comments, much appreciated :)

Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Awww fuck. I'm about 1-2 hours in (at the part where you need to get Incinerate, to minimize spoilers, since that doesn't spoil anything), and was hoping to backtrack...
I don't think you've missed any power to the people stations anyway... just make sure you find the one at the start of that level you're on, it's to the left before you go into Ryan Amusements.

But if you're collecting all the audio diaries it might be worth starting over and exploring thoroghly... it's up to you!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
Noted for next review.

No that's all i needed to know, your review was perfect anyway, hope you do a BBC2 review!
I can't afford BBC2 for a while, plus no Gold Account means no multi... but I have Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 to keep me busy and might do reviews on them!

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

I don't think you've missed any power to the people stations anyway... just make sure you find the one at the start of that level you're on, it's to the left before you go into Ryan Amusements.

But if you're collecting all the audio diaries it might be worth starting over and exploring thoroghly... it's up to you!
Eh...I'll replay it. And on the second playthough, I will press X instead of Y.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
Noted for next review.

I can't afford BBC2 for a while, plus no Gold Account means no multi... but I have Dragon Age, Mass Effect 2 to keep me busy and might do reviews on them!
Looking forward to that, also your girlfriend is god. My brother's gf got me borderlands and a wii classic controller for christmas. :D

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:

since the game is pretty linear I don't THINK you can backtrack... I haven't tried, but yes: almost all of them are missable if you aren't paying attention :p

Side Note: your avatar... It's almost hypnotic...

EDIT: dammit! stupid OP ninja!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Grrrrr..... [sobs]

Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
Noted for next review.

Looking forward to that, also your girlfriend is god. My brother's gf got me borderlands and a wii classic controller for christmas. :D
Why thank you... I like her a lot, haha

Your brother's GF? I hope she got him something that awesome too!

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

It's okay if you missed some audio diaries, as there are more than the hundred required for the achievement. But if you wanted them purely for the history then I'm sorry.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

Grrrrr..... [sobs]

Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Ninjamedic said:
Noted for next review.

Why thank you... I like her a lot, haha

Your brother's GF? I hope she got him something that awesome too!
Well me and my bro banded together to get her (lulz), a ps3 copy of dragon age if that counts?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
MiracleOfSound said:
No, they were somewhere in the middle as far as I recall. In fact, I'm pretty certain I purchased them at a gatherer's garden!
I do believe I found mine in the Gil Alexander stage.
You know, the part right before the stage, with the pool, a Little Sister vent and a "Experimental Shock Something"?
There's a locked door with a code you can open, and there's a corpse in there, as well as a Gene Tonic with that drill-EVE Hypo thing
Ah... you are probably right. My mistake. That level was annoying actually, the ADAM harvesting downstairs was tough.

Disaster Button said:
I agree with most of what you said but I always thought the Big Sister battles were amazing and really exciting, in that kind of OH SHIT OH SHIT I'm gonna die kind of way.. exhilirating would be the word I'm looking for.

The only real problem I've had is the music repeting bug but that only happened once, oh and another problem would be I can't play the damn thing now because my PC exploded.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the drill charge was satisfying, I was beginning to worry about my sanities.
It was so much fun... aim and SMASH! Blood everywhere! What's not to love?