Miracle's Whip - Bioshock 2

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
[
Well me and my bro banded together to get her (lulz), a ps3 copy of dragon age if that counts?
I'd be happy if someone had bought me Dragon Age so yeah, definately counts!

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
This was a good review and gave me a well rounded look at the sequel, though it did feel a little short. In general however, I think it was a good review, so you get the new LITV seal of approval

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Korten12 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
wait... hold up... Gold account? do you need to pay for Bioshock 2 multiplayer?
You have to pay for any multiplayer on XBOX Live.

Ninjamedic said:
Would ya mind going into more detail with the weapon variety?
Noted for next review.

My personal fave is the fully upgraded shotgun, as it fires electric bucks. The Rivet gun is great for traps, the Spear gun becomes a sniper rifle when upgraded and there's a machine gun, rocket launcher and my beloved drill.
oh whoopsie. I didnt notcie this was a review of the xbox version. sorry. Cause I heard that bioshock 2 on pc requires windows live and I believe that has gold and silver accounts.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
This was a good review and gave me a well rounded look at the sequel, though it did feel a little short. In general however, I think it was a good review, so you get the new LITV seal of approval
Cool! Thanks dude. And thanks, Vault Boy!

Korten12 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Korten12 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
wait... hold up... Gold account? do you need to pay for Bioshock 2 multiplayer?
You have to pay for any multiplayer on XBOX Live.

Ninjamedic said:
Would ya mind going into more detail with the weapon variety?
Noted for next review.

My personal fave is the fully upgraded shotgun, as it fires electric bucks. The Rivet gun is great for traps, the Spear gun becomes a sniper rifle when upgraded and there's a machine gun, rocket launcher and my beloved drill.
oh whoopsie. I didnt notcie this was a review of the xbox version. sorry. Cause I heard that bioshock 2 on pc requires windows live and I believe that has gold and silver accounts.
Now that I did not know... hmm, I wonder if I should have pointed out in the review that it was the 360 version I played? I'll note that for the next one.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Good job, but the formatting is a bit off. I don't understand why you brake it up so much. Why not make those many sentences into an actual paragraph?

bassdrum

jygabyte!
Oct 6, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
MiracleOfSound said:
No, they were somewhere in the middle as far as I recall. In fact, I'm pretty certain I purchased them at a gatherer's garden!
I do believe I found mine in the Gil Alexander stage.
You know, the part right before the stage, with the pool, a Little Sister vent and a "Experimental Shock Something"?
There's a locked door with a code you can open, and there's a corpse in there, as well as a Gene Tonic with that drill-EVE Hypo thing
It's in the vending machines too, I think. Maybe?

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Dude.

I'm playing through it evil.

It is so fucking hard. Like really. I played through it good (Ending was AAWWWWEEEESSSSOOMMMEEE) but I want to see it evil. I have to Harvest them before they say anything, or else I'll be guilted into not killing them.

THEY SAY "I've been good Daddy!"

HOW CAN I KILL SOMETHING THAT SAYS SOMETHING THAT CUTE!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Pimppeter2 said:
Good job, but the formatting is a bit off. I don't understand why you brake it up so much. Why not make those many sentences into an actual paragraph?
Simply because it's easier on the eyes due to the small text on the site.

I do it with all my posts too!

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Mrsnugglesworth said:
Dude.

I'm playing through it evil.

It is so fucking hard. Like really. I played through it good (Ending was AAWWWWEEEESSSSOOMMMEEE) but I want to see it evil. I have to Harvest them before they say anything, or else I'll be guilted into not killing them.

THEY SAY "I've been good Daddy!"

HOW CAN I KILL SOMETHING THAT SAYS SOMETHING THAT CUTE!
I hate you rraaaargh!

Did you at least get them to gather ADAM for you and then harvest them? You get more ADAM that way.

I have never harvested a little sister, I just ... can't. I've never even seen the animation for it.

Fuck killing little girls. Not a fantasy I wish to partake in!

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
Good review, dude, and thanks cos you know I suck at FP and Bioshock is a game I wish I could play, so yeah, thanks for making it worse ;-) Seriously though maybe I'll give it a go, after all I can kind of play Halo (only) in Co op mode and that is FP, soo....My son will let me play his Bioshock and I am getting him Bioshock 2 in the next couple of days or so.
I love the mix of Deco style with a feel of the late 40's/early 50's (well that is how it looks to me in the bits I have seen)
And you already know what I think about your lovely GF (not after an invite to the wedding, lol)and the fact that she supports your gaming habits.
You gonna review 'Awakenings', after this success?
Well done you! :)

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Simply because it's easier on the eyes due to the small text on the site.

I do it with all my posts too!
Leave it the way it is, it works. Bite size chunks are easier to take in online, iygwim?

Zani

May 14, 2008
I'm still on the fence about this game, I honestly hated the first game, but the gameplay was the worst, whenever I was trying to immerse myself into the story and setting the terrible gameplay catapulted me out.

Is the gameplay really that different in this game?

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Zani said:
I'm still on the fence about this game, I honestly hated the first game, but the gameplay was the worst, whenever I was trying to immerse myself into the story and setting the terrible gameplay catapulted me out.

Is the gameplay really that different in this game?
No. it's quite similar but it just feels more refined and a little more precise. It's better, but it still has room for improvement.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jenova65 said:
Good review, dude, and thanks cos you know I suck at FP and Bioshock is a game I wish I could play, so yeah, thanks for making it worse ;-) Seriously though maybe I'll give it a go, after all I can kind of play Halo (only) in Co op mode and that is FP, soo....My son will let me play his Bioshock and I am getting him Bioshock 2 in the next couple of days or so.
I love the mix of Deco style with a feel of the late 40's/early 50's (well that is how it looks to me in the bits I have seen)
And you already know what I think about your lovely GF (not after an invite to the wedding, lol)and the fact that she supports your gaming habits.
Thanks Jen!

Like I said, if you want to give it a try just throw it on easy and enjoy the fantastic scenery.

If you play the intro to Bioshock 1 (which has no shooting until about 15 minutes in) I guarantee you'll at least be a little hooked :)

I'm glad that my GF supports my habit too... as she said herself 'Jesus I'm such an enabler'

ha!

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Jenova65 said:
Thanks Jen!

Like I said, if you want to give it a try just throw it on easy and enjoy the fantastic scenery.

If you play the intro to Bioshock 1 (which has no shooting until about 15 minutes in) I guarantee you'll at least be a little hooked :)

I'm glad that my GF supports my habit too... as she said herself 'Jesus I'm such an enabler'

ha!
Funnily enough it's half term at college and 'L', was at home and brought Bioshock in to my room and played the beginning for me to have another look at a couple of days ago so it is quite fresh in my mind.
Tell your GF she is not an enabler she's a little gaming angel sent by the gaming Gods (that should soft soap her a bit ;-) ) And at least when you are gaming she knows where you are and what you are up to, lol.

Insert Comedy Here

May 22, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Did you at least get them to gather ADAM for you and then harvest them? You get more ADAM that way.
AKA the Super Dick move.

I have never harvested a little sister, I just ... can't. I've never even seen the animation for it.
Unfortuantely I saw a video showing what happens if you harvest a Little Sister as Delta... it's bad. It's freaking terrible.

Anyway good review.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jenova65 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Jenova65 said:
Thanks Jen!

ha!
Funnily enough it's half term at college and 'L', was at home and brought Bioshock in to my room and played the beginning for me to have another look at a couple of days ago so it is quite fresh in my mind.
Tell your GF she is not an enabler she's a little gaming angel sent by the gaming Gods (that should soft soap her a bit ;-) ) And at least when you are gaming she knows where you are and what you are up to, lol.
Exactly :D

Wierdly enough she actually likes it when I'm gaming. I use headphones so as not to disturb anyone, so she sits in the room reading her mags, watching Sex and the City on youtube, or looking at gossip sites.

And if I'm playing Oblivion she always wants the sound left on, because she likes the music.

I just realised what a lucky bastard I am... my previous GFs thought gaming was basically the devil...

Jenova65

Oct 3, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
Jenova65 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Jenova65 said:
Thanks Jen!

ha!
Exactly :D

Wierdly enough she actually likes it when I'm gaming. I use headphones so as not to disturb anyone, so she sits in the room reading her mags, watching Sex and the City on youtube, or looking at gossip sites.

And if I'm playing Oblivion she always wants the sound left on, because she likes the music.

I just realised what a lucky bastard I am... my previous GFs thought gaming was basically the devil...
Everyone's a winner! My husband often watches me play (he is getting my daughter's 360 this week as she is getting my 'Halo edition', 360 cos I am getting an elite for the extra memory) he doesn't play often and when he does it is on his old, old Xbox he plays the same games over and over, so I am getting him Forza 3 maybe with my bundle. But he enjoys watching Mass Effect and Dragon Age (phew) and used to watch me play Skies Of Arcardia on 'Cube (still have it)
Having a partner who supports (even if they don't play) gaming is pretty awesome and we should appreciate them :)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Jenova65 said:
[
Everyone's a winner! My husband often watches me play (he is getting my daughter's 360 this week as she is getting my 'Halo edition', 360 cos I am getting an elite for the extra memory) he doesn't play often and when he does it is on his old, old Xbox he plays the same games over and over, so I am getting him Forza 3 maybe with my bundle. But he enjoys watching Mass Effect and Dragon Age (phew) and used to watch me play Skies Of Arcardia on 'Cube (still have it)
Having a partner who supports (even if they don't play) gaming is pretty awesome and we should appreciate them :)
He sounds very cool! I can understand the Bioware thing, non-gamers can enjoy watching them too because they're so story rich.