Miracle's Whip - Bioshock 2

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Ooo, Bioshock 2 review! *Reads in silence*

OK, done. A very nicely written review, as usual. No problems as far as I can see so very nice work, Miracle.

I love the fights in this game as there are a lot more satisfying and meaty. I also agree with you and many others, I cannot harvest the Little Sisters. I accidentally did harvest one and felt like a complete and total bastard for doing so, for about 24 hours afterwards. So, that lead to me reloading a save two hours previously. And I also feel like a tosser after you've killed their Big Daddy and they start crying over them.
The Bioshock games do tug at your heart strings a bit, which is a good thing. More games need to do this I think. The only other game that has done it for me in recent times is FF XIII which I have yet to finish.
Just saw this now.

Cheers for the kind words :)

You're right, killing the big daddies brings on major guilt. It's not just for the Lil Sisters' sake... they sound so sad as they let out their death groan!

The good ending is a hell of a heartstring puller too.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Ooo, Bioshock 2 review! *Reads in silence*

OK, done. A very nicely written review, as usual. No problems as far as I can see so very nice work, Miracle.

I love the fights in this game as there are a lot more satisfying and meaty. I also agree with you and many others, I cannot harvest the Little Sisters. I accidentally did harvest one and felt like a complete and total bastard for doing so, for about 24 hours afterwards. So, that lead to me reloading a save two hours previously. And I also feel like a tosser after you've killed their Big Daddy and they start crying over them.
The Bioshock games do tug at your heart strings a bit, which is a good thing. More games need to do this I think. The only other game that has done it for me in recent times is FF XIII which I have yet to finish.
Just saw this now.

Cheers for the kind words :)

You're right, killing the big daddies brings on major guilt. It's not just for the Lil Sisters' sake... they sound so sad as they let out their death groan!

The good ending is a hell of a heartstring puller too.
No problem, man.

I've started playing it again to try towards one of the super secret hidden endings which is probably going to kill me as you need to harvest at least one Sister. ;_;

After playing through it again and again, starting it again nearly every time as FF XIII distracted me and I forgot about it, I've noticed that the Little Sisters when you have adopted one say some quite hilarious things when use a plasmid on a Splicer. Use Incinerate on one and she may go "Mmm, marshmallows" which had me laughing for ages and sometimes when you use Electro Bolt she'll say "Look Daddy, they're dancing!"
It is one of the funniest and cutest things I have ever heard.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
After playing through it again and again, starting it again nearly every time as FF XIII distracted me and I forgot about it, I've noticed that the Little Sisters when you have adopted one say some quite hilarious things when use a plasmid on a Splicer. Use Incinerate on one and she may go "Mmm, marshmallows" which had me laughing for ages and sometimes when you use Electro Bolt she'll say "Look Daddy, they're dancing!"
I noticed that too, the marshmallow line was hilarious!

It's kind of creepy when you think about about it... how sadistic the little sisters are... 'Kill him Daddy! Hurt him!'

And the daily mail thought Hit Girl was bad...

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:

It's kind of creepy when you think about about it... how sadistic the little sisters are... 'Kill him Daddy! Hurt him!'

Yeah, it is actually.
But they are adorable so you can forgive them anything.

And I saw the review they did of Kick Ass. Jesus Christ...

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:

Yeah, it is actually.

That was just bad comedy.

Did you see the comments section got shut down because so many people were calling them out on it?

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:

Yeah, it is actually.

That was just bad comedy.

Did you see the comments section got shut down because so many people were calling them out on it?
They closed the comments section?
Heh, well it was the biggest rage against anything since that X-Factor bru-ha last year.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
I hope you got the neutral ending too, and just didn't mention it because it's too good.
Because it's the best.

And I finished the game 3 times
And the drill is mah favorite. It's just so... big daddy-tastic!

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
MiracleOfSound said:
No, they were somewhere in the middle as far as I recall. In fact, I'm pretty certain I purchased them at a gatherer's garden!
I do believe I found mine in the Gil Alexander stage.
You know, the part right before the stage, with the pool, a Little Sister vent and a "Experimental Shock Something"?
There's a locked door with a code you can open, and there's a corpse in there, as well as a Gene Tonic with that drill-EVE Hypo thing
nope, it's behind the curtains at the theater.

EDIT: wait a minute, that's what you said! shocking!

OT: loved the game, good review, and I see potential in you writing more.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
Heh, well it was the biggest rage against anything since that X-Factor bru-ha last year.
What was that? Jedward? They make me ashamed to be Irish.

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Well, that and the Christmas number 1 thingy as well.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that. That was actually pretty cool. RATM were a big band for me growing up in the 90s!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Sassafrass said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that. That was actually pretty cool. RATM were a big band for me growing up in the 90s!
I never really listened to them but I've heard one song by them. Guess which one? :p
And you'll like one of my up-coming reviews then. X-Factor, anyone?

run_forrest_run

Dec 28, 2009
The first game was a miracle. This one was a snivelling puddle of burned down testicle crust. Good review though.

loooooowwww

Dec 10, 2009
nah man i disagree the story isnt nearly as good as the first one, no twists and turns, that would you kindly bit in bioshock 1 blew my mind. I did think the bad ending was one of the best ive seen in a while though lol I was getting quite proud of how evil elanor was before the ***** killed me :p