Misc: My Favorite Skyrim Mods So Far

Patinator

Oct 20, 2009
One of the change all spiders to bears mods. Arachnaphobic's best friend. Also, hella funny when they crawl down from the ceiling.

Tamrin

Nov 12, 2011
I've got;

Antiallias and sharpen effect
Armor Improvement
Detailed Bodies
Detailed Faces
Detailed Lips
Enhanced Distant Terrain
Enhanced Night Skyrim - High Stars
Realistic Water Textures
Glaciers Retextured
Glowing Ore Veins 300
HD Furniture and Barrels
HD Nightingale
High Quality Eyes
Landscape Texture Pack WIP
Nightingale Prime
No More Blocky Faces
Realistic Rain Ripples
Realistic Smoke and Embers
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures
Skyrim Sunglare
Vurts Skyrim Flora Overhaul

And currently downloading and waiting to install Serious HD Retexture Landscape Skyrim then test it out.

FXAA Injector and Realistic blood wouldn't work for me. I seem to be some of the few that couldn't get it installed. :/

Edit: Just added;
Blue Flames for Fire Spells
HD Cinematic Fire Effects
HD Baskets Retex
Real Foxes

Some of these are bound to conflict. Just have to pick and choose the better.

KingTiger

Nov 6, 2009
The ore thing is a must. Thanks for the mod list.

Its good to have the PC version. Make it into a perfect game.

rsvp42

Jan 15, 2010
This makes me kind of glad I haven't picked Skyrim up yet. By the time I do, bugs in the main game will have been mostly rooted out and mods will be plentiful. Looking forward to trying this later on.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
I love QD Inventory, can't believe I ever played without it. Unfortunately it is not compatible with the KenUI icons last I checked, sorry OP.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
So... Let me get this straight.

Turn down the brightness for realism.

And then download a mod to make ore... glow.

What?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
i was wondering if the glowing ore mod was going to make it. this is the most useful mod imo.

And I will ask again, why doesn't Bethesda try to work out some outsourcing contracts with some of these mod designers? I realise they could take a PR hit of "they're too lazy to fix their own problems, so they just hire some guys on the internet to do it," but that's a fair sight better than "they're too lazy to fix their own problems, so they don't bother".
That wouldn't be a PR hit, at least it isnt for Blizzard. a guy made an extensive mod. so blizzard hired him to make a new game with all funding.

eNTi

Sep 8, 2007
take a look at this guide. it's probably all you ever want: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11 (on pc).

glowing smoke and embers doesn't look very good in some underground ruins, where the falmer have camp fires all over the place.

mining in this game is pointless imho, since money is only ever an issue at the beginning of the game and you can buy even ebony pretty soon from general vendors. i've never mined a single node of anything higher than iron. you only need iron to level and you can get iron ingots in the dozens from the blacksmiths. you will find everything else pretty soon and can relatively quickly get to dragon bone / daedra without using anything in between.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
I just installed the QD Inventory MOD, actually pretty sweet. Tells me everything I need without having to put my cursor over it.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Knife-28 said:
*Sigh* Yes, I get we get that Skyrim is meant to be a good game, I mean, I've played it, and it's ok, not really my sorta thing, but ok none the less, but really, I don't see articles like this for any other games. This is just silly, why give Skyrim articles about it's mods, it's just another game in the long run, and by this time next year, we'll all be gushing about some other game that's 'Teh best fuckin thang evar!"
Good point, why talk about anything when something else will be popular later. In fact all the games on this site will be forgotten in a length of time, why do we waste silly reviews on them when other games dont get them, i never saw zero punctuation review dwarf fortress? And other articals on the glitches/features/tips in them when oter games dont get them? I mean all games this time next year will be replaced with new ones, i say we strip away all articles about games that are currently out and write about ones that are yet to be made. Then delete them when the game is released. Or we write articles about all games equally, even the terrible ones compared to the most popular game on the market today. Its a gaming sites duty to make sure it doesnt react to the consumer at all and write about things that are popular right now! It must ignore that!

I think i broke my sarcasm :C

Anyway, these are usefull as hell, im downloading the inventory fixer, christ i need that.

Jordi

Jun 6, 2009
Virmire said:
I hate not having the super-computer required to get this game on the PC. I have the PS3 version.
You don't need a super computer. I mean, it runs on your PS3 (kind of). I'm running it on my 1.5 years old laptop. The automatic detection thingy even wanted to put the graphical settings on "high" (I had to change that, because my laptop overheats).

Since I think I'm kind of pushing the limits of my laptop, I'm a little reluctant to install mods to make everything look better, because they might increase system requirements. I did try QD inventory, but it froze the game when I opened the inventory. I just installed "Cowardly horses", because I think it's really annoying that my horse will just rush into combat by default, because it means I constantly have to protect him, instead of worrying about how to best approach the situation.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
I only have the mod that turns urelenting force into "Stop right there criminal scum"

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
the mods I use are:
child killing - not that I use that I just want the feeling that I can kill anything.
colorful dragon - the dragons look amazing
more powerful dragons - there are 2 options here stronger by 50% and by 100%, I use the 100% it adds the feeling that you fighting an actual dragon.
enchantment table,anvil and grind stone in breeze home - you know just because....
realistic wolves - they look pretty
craftable dragon bone weapons - well I need a good weapon to match 200% dragons....
more craftable - gives a good feeling
arrowsmith - ARROWS!!! im an archer so ARROWS!!!
re-enchant - cuz I love looking cool but the cool armors got crappy bonuses so re-enchant to make better bonuses!

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Is it just me or don't I see that much of a difference in the pictures when you use Realistic Smoke and Embers? Maybe I'm just blind or too old to be a graphics-whore.

Kahani

May 25, 2011
DalekJaas said:
Before the latest patch I had about 12 mods for graphics installed, and the patch deleted the menu on the main screen so i couldn't play, load or exit. So I had to delete them all.
Just disable them all then re-enable them one by one. I had the same problem, but it was only a single mod that was causing it. Think it may have been the UI listed here in fact.

When it comes down to it, that's the big problem with modding at the moment - new patches are going to break a lot of them, and with the game being so incredibly buggy there are likely to be quite a few patches in the near future.

Phishfood

Jul 21, 2009
weirdguy said:
(this is largely caused by the game getting confused by mouse controls)

Also, you have not mentioned the mods that change sleeping bags and horses to My Little Pony themed colors. These mods are largely entertaining for many, many days.
1) Yes, that is one HELL of a bug. I did the quest involving large ammounts of alcohol and ended up paying my way through every single stage because of the mouse thing. Grrr.

2) I saw that mod, and it baffled me. Why why why why do you take a game like skyrim and mod the BEDROLLS to be MLP?! you know, when there are actual HORSES in the game? Just saying.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
This is why I'm keeping well away from a lot of the mods, the differences are really minor.

A friend considered them essential, checked out the screens... not worth my time. Get me some decent mods, don't bother me with the rest.

And I can use the interface just fine thanks, and find it intuitive to me anyway.

remmus

Aug 31, 2009
just downloaded Legendary Smithing & Lost Art of the Blacksmith.

Both together basicly make a whole slew of weapons and armour craftable/upgradeable that´s not in "vanilla" Skyrim, plus making the smithing perks affect more items (even including Daedric artefacts!)

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
A fun one I recently got was "Cursing Mudcrabs". It's simple, but fun!

if_then_else

Apr 28, 2005
danirax said:
the mods I use are:
re-enchant - cuz I love looking cool but the cool armors got crappy bonuses so re-enchant to make better bonuses!
Is this a real mod? I looked for it but I couln't find it. I really want something like this, I have a really good sword but with a really weak enchantment. Can you post the link to the mod?