Missed Our Live Stream? Watch the 6-Hour Replay Right Now!

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Missed Our Live Stream? Watch the 6-Hour Replay Right Now!

If you missed our first Twitch live stream, you can watch the entire replay right now.

Thanks to everyone who joined in the fun on our first live stream event - we had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it again. But if you missed the stream, for whatever reason, you can watch the entire thing right here [http://www.twitch.tv/escapistmagazine/b/365709339].

In the 6+ hours of our D&D Neverwinter stream, we leveled our Trickster Rogue (named Susan Finkledash) from 1 to 18, used way too many healing potions, and made a friend for life - our beloved pet wolf, Bacon (Bacon joins the crew at around the 5:24:00 mark).

We'd love to hear your feedback on our first stream, as well as suggestions for future streams. Thanks again, everyone!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
I would watch it but I think I have 6 hours of paint drying to watch first.
You are able to skip around to various points in the livestream so if you just want to jump around until you find something interesting to watch for a few minutes, you certainly can!

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Will we expect a review of the streamer's experience in the beta so far or is there a NDA permitting that? I am not 100% used to the NDAs in games so I do not know if there is a separate NDA for recording/streaming vs writing a review of the beta.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
WMDogma said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
You are able to skip around to various points in the livestream so if you just want to jump around until you find something interesting to watch for a few minutes, you certainly can!
Yeah it is nothing against you guys or your stream. It is just the game I wasn't interested in. Nothing against you guys.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Xannidel said:
Will we expect a review of the streamer's experience in the beta so far or is there a NDA permitting that? I am not 100% used to the NDAs in games so I do not know if there is a separate NDA for recording/streaming vs writing a review of the beta.
I'd be more than happy to pen an impressions piece once I feel comfortable that I have a good handle on what the game has to offer. We wouldn't ever "review" a beta, of course, because it's not a final product. That said, after 6 hours I was really enjoying myself. I'd want to play a lot more before making any kind of judgement on the game's quality, even in this early stage. The stream should give you a rather good impression of just how the game plays and how it might compare to MMO experiences that you're used to.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Clive Howlitzer said:
Yeah it is nothing against you guys or your stream. It is just the game I wasn't interested in. Nothing against you guys.
Ahh, okay! I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the 6 hour length that was detering you from checking it out :p

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Clive Howlitzer said:
WMDogma said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Well, how about next time, then, rather than just offering a rather jerkish response about paint drying, you let us know what games you would be interested in seeing? We can't read your mind, and we'd certainly like to know what everyone would enjoy watching.

Clive Howlitzer

Jan 27, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
WMDogma said:
Clive Howlitzer said:
Well, how about next time, then, rather than just offering a rather jerkish response about paint drying, you let us know what games you would be interested in seeing? We can't read your mind, and we'd certainly like to know what everyone would enjoy watching.
But if I didn't offer a jerkish comment, I couldn't claim to be a member of The Escapist! Seriously though, I just hate MMOs, it is always the same 'ol thing. I'd be far more inclined to watch coverage of non-MMOs.

chrysaor

Mar 8, 2012
Partially to offset the somewhat rude nature of the above poster, I'd like to thank you guys for the video. The other part being that I've been looking into TES:Online and Neverwinter and debating which I want to be my new time sink (likely to be whichever lets me in before release day) and have watched most of it already.

TL:DR

Gather

Apr 9, 2009
Thanks for the opportunity for letting me see into one of the MMO's I'm interested in Escapist. I hope that your channel gets a bit more use playing other games (Not just games coming out as well; old multiplayer games, perhaps?)

Daniel Laeben-Rosen

Jun 9, 2010
Yay, I can watch the two hours I missed at the start!
Was a really fun stream tbh. Also Bacon was awesome. Seriously, he should get his own escapist-tshirt. Bacon The Bloodthirsty Badass Wolf.

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
I'm only 65 seconds in, does something eventually happen?
Oh, somebody just asked who is ready to party, followed by more silence.
At least that beats the first minute.

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
chrysaor said:
Partially to offset the somewhat rude nature of the above poster, I'd like to thank you guys for the video. The other part being that I've been looking into TES:Online and Neverwinter and debating which I want to be my new time sink (likely to be whichever lets me in before release day) and have watched most of it already.

TL:DR
Gather said:
Thanks for the opportunity for letting me see into one of the MMO's I'm interested in Escapist. I hope that your channel gets a bit more use playing other games (Not just games coming out as well; old multiplayer games, perhaps?)
Daniel Laeben-Rosen said:
Yay, I can watch the two hours I missed at the start!
Was a really fun stream tbh. Also Bacon was awesome. Seriously, he should get his own escapist-tshirt. Bacon The Bloodthirsty Badass Wolf.
Thank you for watching! I had a great time doing it and I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

SecondPrize said:
You watched 65 seconds of a 6+ hour video and decided to comment. You, sir, are why we can't have nice things.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I was able to watch the stream only for a brief amount of time, so i didn´t really get a feel for the game.
But i like D&D, and i really liked DDO, played it a lot. And since this game is F2P as well, odds are, I´ll be checking it out.

Oinodaemon

Apr 9, 2009
Y'know, I really love you guys. Escapist Staff especially. Props to you guys for doing awesome work time and time again. Also, Thank You.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Now while I''ll admit I didn't watch this, because I'm not an MMO guy, I'd readily watch mini in-office Escapist tournaments and stuff like that if it's plausible.

Seeing who is the office champion of fighting games could be a good laugh to use an example.

Or maybe I'm completely alone in this view =P

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
MikeWehner said:
SecondPrize said:
You watched 65 seconds of a 6+ hour video and decided to comment. You, sir, are why we can't have nice things.
No, I watched a lot of it and enjoyed it. However, I don't think it's wrong to criticize the start of the video. 1 minute and 55 seconds of nothing but a character select screen with only one disjointed phrase of commentary does not a nice thing make. Perhaps if people were to point this out, our things will be nicer in the future.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The idea is great and i think you should do more of live stream recordings (as im unable to watch them live due to how timezones work, yay europe), though may i ask of who was participating in the commentary of the game as that is kinda determinign factor now as i have no interest for the game but i got interest for people.