Mists of Pandaria is the next WoW expansion.

gostlyfantom

Jan 22, 2011
The only redeeming factor is that I can now play as an obese panda running around with a double barrel.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
They're apparently so out of inspiration that they implement stuff that was previously thought so ridiculous it warranted an April Fool's joke.

But it doesn't matter anyway, the playerbase will love it. They don't really care.

grimgor42

Mar 15, 2011
Screw you guys. I think WoW is still fun. I think this expansion looks amazing, I'm excited for it, and I'm going to play it. You guys who are hating on WoW, you're just following a fad of hating popular games. Is WoW too mainstream for you cool gaming hipsters out there? Well go to hell and stop bitching about it every time WoW comes out with new content. Cataclysm was FUN if you were just playing casual. Play WoW causally, and stop trying to be harcore with it, and you might not be so burned out with the game. I take breaks from WoW that last several months, maybe that's all it takes to enjoy the new content instead of being a WoW bitcher.

Chknboy

Sep 10, 2008
Well I checked out MMO champ and sure enough, with the amount of features they added it looks like WoW is going to turn into a very watered down soup. Also they're adding Pokemon.

Ranorak

Tamer of the Coffee mug!
Feb 17, 2010
TwitchyGamer101 said:
I thought this was a joke thread. I was wrong and right. Next expansion is kind of a joke...
They've run out of pre-made villains, and have to create their own. What kind of expansion is this going to be? Don't know. Not sure they can top Deathwing and the Lich King as villains.

This won't bring me back to WoW. Actually it makes me want to stay away even more. Usually I take a break in between expansions, I don't see myself going back now.
You do realize that 99% of Vanilla WoW (the one everyone said was the best) had entirely newly created lore villains, right?
It wasn't until Nax that Kel'thuzad was introduced that we got a familiar face as villain.
What makes it so bad that they do this again?

Personally, I already feel that Deathwing is a huge disappointment as a villain. He's just a big angry dragon. No motivation or personality.
Maybe a totally new fresh start (like Arthas had in WC3) will get us a more round character as bad guy.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
grimgor42 said:
Screw you guys. I think WoW is still fun. I think this expansion looks amazing, I'm excited for it, and I'm going to play it. You guys who are hating on WoW, you're just following a fad of hating popular games. Is WoW too mainstream for you cool gaming hipsters out there? Well go to hell and stop bitching about it every time WoW comes out with new content. Cataclysm was FUN if you were just playing casual. Play WoW causally, and stop trying to be harcore with it, and you might not be so burned out with the game. I take breaks from WoW that last several months, maybe that's all it takes to enjoy the new content instead of being a WoW bitcher.
While you have a point that hating on WoW is well, pointless, some people just feel a little annoyed that something they used to enjoy so much is going in a for them completely wrong direction.

Having said that, your argument for how to make WoW fun is incredibly ironic. In the time of TBC when the semi-hardcore crowd told the casual players that this was not a game to just play for 2 hours a week, those same casual players were up in arms saying that everybody should be able to play the game the way they like.

Oh how times have changed.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
This is just Blizzard trying to hang onto subscribers. They already know the game's gone cold, but they don't want to rethink the game. And no, Cataclysm isn't rethinking the game. It was a good step, but not enough. Most likely Blizzard more just wants to keep people around until they release their new MMO and hope those people just switch over there.
It's like I said, other devs/pubs don't have to make a WoWkiller, Blizzard will do just fine killing it on their own. This is testament to that.
EHKOS said:
I might just try the 20 level trial if I can play as a panda warrior...shit. I had hoped I could avoid this game :(
Except I don't think the 20 lvl trial includes any expansion content, just what you get with vanilla. You would get to see other people play as panda warriors, though. Yay.
Gabanuka said:
Pandas? My Warcraft lore is pretty shit since I've only played warcraft 3 and bits of Wow. Where the fuck did pandas come from?
I believe they were an April's Fool Joke that tried to convince people they were going to be added to Warcraft 3, and then the idea got ported over to WoW when that was released. Though the announcement may be real, it is still a joke.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
grimgor42 said:
Oh do shut up. I love(d) WoW. I'll defend it ardently as one of the finest MMOs of all time, and the dominant MMO of its generation. I'll praise it high and praise it low. But this fucking expansion looks ridiculous. And I LIKED the Pandaren. There's only so much of this kind of yuk-yuk content you can lean on before the whole thing becomes a joke.

If that's what they want to be...the cheesy, lame-o MMO with preposterous content...then bravo, I guess. From April Fools joke to expansion pack. They delayed the Emerald Dream AGAIN for this rubbish?

PAH.

Sion_Barzahd

Jul 2, 2008
Gabanuka said:
Pandas? My Warcraft lore is pretty shit since I've only played warcraft 3 and bits of Wow. Where the fuck did pandas come from?
They're in warcraft 3 so you should already know about them.

Also, if you want some lore, they used to live in Kalimdor and were buddies with the nelfs until the nelfs went all magic addict and the panda people went "Oooookay. Bye!" and hopped on the next ship home to Pandaria. (not kidding thats the continent name)
In warcraft 3 you met, and could control, Brewmasters whom are powerful samurai-esque warriors with love for excessive drinking, as is a key part of the Pandaren way of life.

zerobudgetgamer

Apr 5, 2011
They added Pokemon...

They redid the Talent System AGAIN...and they added Pokemon...

They finally added a cross-faction character, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FUCKING GOBLINS, made a class that actually REQUIRES hitting a button to "auto"-attack...they redid the Talent System AGAIN...and they added Pokemon...

Sirs and Madams, there are not enough facepalms in the world to describe the sheer amount of Fail that I am seeing here.

Con Carne

Nov 12, 2009
Hmmm....how do we bring in more players and dig another hook into themouths of our younger audience? By George I think I've got it. We will allow players to create their own Kung-Fu Panda!!!

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
We fought the Burning Legion on Draenor
We killed Arthas in the seat of his power
We watched the world collapse with Deathwing the destroyer
And now we're going on a vacation...In china...and we're bringing our war because we're bored.

I mean seriously, some of the features sound cool but the story sounds absolutely bleck.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
BloatedGuppy said:
They delayed the Emerald Dream AGAIN for this rubbish?

PAH.
I don't think you should hold your breath for it ever to come out. :/

FaerWen

Oct 6, 2010
This is what Blizzard need, something new and fresh. Though at first Pandas sound silly, you have to realize that all of the completely new content they can make, instead of another rehash and retcon of lore from the RTS's, is more then worth the silliness.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
I don't care how much hate is going on in this thread, I'm posting this:

I've been out of WoW for a few months now, but this (in my mind) is reason enough to reactivate my account when this new expansion hits.

I've always thought that they would eventually add a Monk class to the game (or at least, some other unarmed equivilant), and I've hoped that they would add Pandarens at some point.

The new areas look great, and that pet battle system sounds interesting.

I thought I was FINALLY done with WoW. Damn you, Blizzard. You know exactly how to push my happy button.

chunkeymonke

Sep 25, 2009
People do realise that Pandaren have been in the Warcraft world since like WC2. And to peple who are saying this is jumping the shark the pandaren actually have a decent amount of lore if you would bother to read up on it, and are a very interesting race

Evelynia

Jul 18, 2011
I'm nerdgasming so hard right now. It may be better than actual sex.

For all the people complaining that the Pandaren are too 'silly', is it really sillier to have panda people than wolf-people, cow-people, and walrus-people? Think about that for a second.

The thing about the monk class which really intrigues me is the lack of auto-attack, as described in the lengthy (and awesome) post on mmo-champion. A lot of people complain that the hotkey-combat system is too stale, and I think this street-fighter like version of attacking will be perfect for those people.

The pet battling thing just blows my mind. This is Pokemon, in WoW. Come on.

And the new battlegrounds are incredibly intriguing, most of all the DOTA-style one. Think League of Legends, in WoW. I don't know exactly how it'll work, but I have no doubts that Blizzard can pull it off.

Today is indeed the Rapture, folks. Nothing will ever be the same again.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Evelynia said:
For all the people complaining that the Pandaren are too 'silly', is it really sillier to have panda people than wolf-people, cow-people, and walrus-people? Think about that for a second.
That's sort of the point, though. There's only so much cheesy pop culture references, Hanna-Barbera level race design, and eye-rolling jokes you can fold into your IP before it becomes itself a laughingstock. WoW was always wavering over the line between stoic straightforward fantasy and goofy satire, but they always had enough of one to leaven the flaws in the other. This is plunging into the ridiculous with both feet. And I'm sorry, but they're not funny enough to pull off a purely comic IP (Haris Pilton as example #1), and it's impossible to take anything seriously with this much Pandaren being thrown into the mixture.

You're allowed to be excited, because these things are all subjective, but let's NOT pretend this doesn't deserve it's share of ridicule. It's completely clownshoes.