Mitch's Favorite Games of E3 2015

Mitchell Saltzman

Mar 10, 2012
Mitch's Favorite Games of E3 2015

At an E3 where dreams came true and the seemingly impossible was made possible, what games managed to top Mitch's list of his top 5 favorite games of the show? Click to find out.

Read Full Article

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
It's a good list. And up until recently, I would have been with you on Halo. It's been a huge part of my gaming identity for the last 14 years. I even spent an obscene amount of time and effort doing a Halo fan comic for years. (AHCS, if you care) But with the removal of split-screen co-op -the mode I use the absolute most- all my enthusiasm for the title has been completely drained.

Maybe it would be different if it weren't for the fact that Call of (fricken') Duty as well as EA's Star Wars Battlefront are both going to have split-screen co-op modes. So 343's line that it simply cannot be done while maintaining their precious 1080p/60fps goal just says to me that they gave up a huge chunk of potential gameplay for an arbitrary graphical benchmark.

If we're honest, 343 has been casting off features and releasing broken games as well as chasing MLG and CoD's audience so much they are in danger of letting Halo lose it's entire identity. So much so, that I no longer feel they've earned my patronage. I know many folks will only play the game online and probably think split-screen is a reasonable compromise. That's fine, I hope those folks have a good time. For me, I'll be skipping Halo 5. The first time in 14 years I've not bought a Halo game. (including Halo Wars, Spartan Assault, and Spartan Strike)

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Halo 5 is number one, eh? Wait till Mitch hears that 2 player local co-op and 4 player splitscreen has been axed. Oh, and no LAN capability either.

Colt47

Oct 31, 2012
Arnoxthe1 said:
Halo 5 is number one, eh? Wait till Mitch hears that 2 player local co-op and 4 player splitscreen has been axed. Oh, and no LAN capability either.
If you read between the lines, the part that everyone is impressed with is War Zones, which adds NPC elements to the multiplayer that provide objectives and side missions. I don't think too many people are super impressed by the titles remaining features.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Colt47 said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
If you read between the lines, the part that everyone is impressed with is War Zones, which adds NPC elements to the multiplayer that provide objectives and side missions. I don't think too many people are super impressed by the titles remaining features.
Well, can't say I'm too impressed with Warzone either. Is it a new and cool gamemode? Sure! Does it excuse 343 for ditching local co-op and 4 player splitscreen? Not in the slightest.