Miyamoto: "We're Making Pikmin"

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Miyamoto: "We're Making Pikmin"

Nintendo's star designer has promised that a Pikmin game is in development.

Some fans may fault Nintendo for not announcing enough core material beyond Animal Crossing to meet their fans' demands. Famed Nintedo designer Shigeru Miyamoto leaked a little news that may satisfy the hardcore's hunger.

During Nintedo's E3 Roundtable discussion between executives, designers and journalists, one press member asked Shigeru Miyamoto if he was working on any more "core titles", perhaps another Pikmin. Miyamoto tried his best to dance around the answer, sidestepping the question and asking for the questioner who "core users" are.

"We continue investigating all types of games," stated Miyamoto. "When it's time to announce such a title, I'll announce it."

When pressed further, Miyamoto bluntly responded, "We're making Pikmin."

Conversation continued to other projects, but the promise of Pikmin's inspired more questions. Presumably a Wii project, could we see a portable Pikmin game? When will we receive word of a release date?

Gamers might just have to wait until the next E3 for more info.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5026096/miyamoto-were-making-pikmin]

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Heh, this will probably make my friend's head asplode, he was screaming even more for the Animal Crossing Wii than when he found out FF13 was 360. I can only imagine what would happen now o_O

KimMR251

Jun 15, 2008
oh yay! finally something to deter my crack cocaine addiction!

Haha, seriously,I knew someone in my undergrad that would not stop talking about this game...I was almost scared of him.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Oh man I've been dying for this. Thanks to anonymity on the web I can say this in public without people looking at me wondering why I want this "kiddy" game.

C'mon though, the "RTS"-ish style and the flinging of Pikmin at things just sounds like the reason the Wii exists. I can see this on other platforms too though (like DS, using the bottom screen as a map or something) - but I'm just assuming it's going to be on the Wii.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
*ahem*

BOOYAH!

I will nag the CRAP out of my roommate to get this game so I may play it without his permission.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
Yay a new Pikmin....yay yay yay.

The motion control was good....next game will be good I hope.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
TheKbob said:
Finally,... Pikmin. Hooray

Edit: PLEASE, leave out the waggle bull#$*&!
Nintendo is probably the least likely candidate to do motion controls involving the aforementioned "waggle" BS.

Edit: GODDAMN NECROS! *waves fist*

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
New Pikmin!

Hurrah! At last.

Unless I'm missing something, the last Pikmin was Pikmin 2 for the Gamecube. I play it at my friends house and its sweet!

Now we need another Battletoads to keep 4chan quiet!

Or Commander Keen because that was my fav game when I was being raised on an Atari.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Obrien Xp said:
New Pikmin!

Hurrah! At last.

Unless I'm missing something, the last Pikmin was Pikmin 2 for the Gamecube. I play it at my friends house and its sweet!

Or Commander Keen because that was my fav game when I was being raised on an Atari.
This post is a year old.

Obrien Xp

Sep 27, 2009
TsunamiWombat said:
Obrien Xp said:
New Pikmin!

Hurrah! At last.

This post is a year old.
Oh, just noticed that, actually the five posts behind me are from the same day this year.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Finally! Something to curb my hated of Nintendo for stealing 250 of my dollars.

EDIT: Wait, what the hell. . . ? Don't necro News threads! Seriously, I got excited there for a second.

The Singularity

Jun 3, 2008
Whoah thought this was recent, but glad to hear Pikmin's corpse is happily rotting rather than being strung up to dance in a horrible parody of its past... Do you really want to have it mutated into a Wiigame??? And since it would be on the Wii there would be: A throwing mini-game, a directing mini-game, a takeoff mini-game, a landing mini-game, a punching mini-game, a pulling mini-game, a seeding mini-game and a running mini-game. THINK OF THE HORROR PEOPLE!

DrDeath3191

Mar 11, 2009
The Singularity said:
Whoah thought this was recent, but glad to hear Pikmin's corpse is happily rotting rather than being strung up to dance in a horrible parody of its past... Do you really want to have it mutated into a Wiigame??? And since it would be on the Wii there would be: A throwing mini-game, a directing mini-game, a takeoff mini-game, a landing mini-game, a punching mini-game, a pulling mini-game, a seeding mini-game and a running mini-game. THINK OF THE HORROR PEOPLE!
... or think of the New Play Control versions that were well-recieved and far improved over the Gamecube originals.

A pointer makes the directing so much better. Think with your brain, not with your hate.