MLB 2K10 Predicts World Series Winner

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
MLB 2K10 Predicts World Series Winner

2K Sports ran extensive tests and stat simulations in MLB 2K10 to determine the winner of the 2010 World Series of baseball.

According to a simulation run in MLB 2K10, the super-underdog San Francisco Giants will be this year's World Series winner. The simulation used "Inside Edge Data technology" to determine that the Giants would win in seven stressful games against the Yankees, taking San Francisco's first Series win since the franchise moved out west in 1957. Outfielder Cody Ross will belt a two-run game winning home run in Game 7 and take home World Series MVP honors.

The simulation prognosticated that the vaunted New York Yankees would defeat the Texas Rangers in five games while the Giants beat out the Phillies stellar pitching staff in only six games in the National League Championship series.

These kind of videogame predictions are always fun, and sometimes they are even accurate. Before the season began, MLB 2K10 ran a season-long simulation and correctly guessed that the Giants and Rangers would make the postseason after a long playoff drought for those two teams.

I honestly don't care about the outcome of these games, my Boston Red Sox had an off-year hampered by injuries, but I will be happy whoever wins the World Series just so long as the Yankees lose.

I freaking hate those guys.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
According to extensive simulation I have run in Civilization V I have determined that Japan shall invade France with a giant robot within the next 10 years. Stockholm shall also be destroyed by Pirates, and no one will care.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
Greg Tito said:
....... my Boston Red Sox had an off-year hampered by injuries, but I will be happy whoever wins the World Series just so long as the Yankees lose.

Didn't know that about you Mr. Tito. Go Sox!

OT: I wonder what percentage that video game simulation is accurate. I imagine Football would be tough due to only be single game playoffs, but other sports have series and would produce a better scenario for the simulation.

mikemart

Apr 16, 2009
PeePantz said:
Greg Tito said:
....... my Boston Red Sox had an off-year hampered by injuries, but I will be happy whoever wins the World Series just so long as the Yankees lose.

Didn't know that about you Mr. Tito. Go Sox!

OT: I wonder what percentage that video game simulation is accurate. I imagine Football would be tough due to only be single game playoffs, but other sports have series and would produce a better scenario for the simulation.
even if it is a 1 game play off they probably simulate that game at least 50 times to get a more accurate result

as to the sox fans

BOOOO Yankees for ever

Wakefield

Aug 3, 2009
I hate both your teams. (Yankees and Red Sox) I'm a Jays fan (them being the only Canadian team).

But I also dislike MLB's system. Its very very broken.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
Greg Tito said:
I honestly don't care about the outcome of these games, my BYankees lose.

You are my enemy form now until the end of time.

OT: Yankees will win. They better win.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Lifelong (and 3rd generation) Yankees fan here. Gotta love rooting for the juggernaut.

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Wakefield said:
I hate both your teams. (Yankees and Red Sox) I'm a Jays fan (them being the only Canadian team).

But I also dislike MLB's system. Its very very broken.
Wow. Another Jays fan. I didn't think it was possible.

But yeah I want the Rangers to destroy the Yankees. I hate them so much.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
NeoAC said:
Wow. Another Jays fan. I didn't think it was possible.
Be surprised, I'm another one! =D

OT: I'm still picking the Phillies to win.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
50 bucks says im the lone Rockies fan on The Escapist

in all reality I bet the Rangers will win it.

My prediction for the series is: Giants v Rangers

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
ForgottenPr0digy said:
At least Red Sox gets actual highlights and news about unlike the Houston Astros. They never show any good highlights of them. ESPN must biased or something.
Ummmmm, hmmmmm, how do I..eh...break this to you. You see, the Astros are terrible. Not just bad, but god awful. A team full of terrible players usually don't make highlights. Sorry kiddo. You're just still rebuilding post killer Bs.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
There are two problems with this prediction: first of all this is MLB 2K10 which is a decidedly inferior game to MLB 10 The Show; secondly, the Giants have to get by the Phillies who have the most stacked pitching rotation in the Majors. Do the names Halladay, Hamels, and Oswalt mean nothing to this game? Even if the Giants somehow manage to squeeze by the Phils, they still have to contend with the Yanks (do the Rangers really stand that much of a chance?) and their own stacked rotation of Sabathia, Pettitte, and Burnett along with Wood, Chamberlain, and Rivera in the pen. The Giants have some tough odds to contend with and I will be shocked if they win it all. I personally predict that the Phils will win the series over the Yanks in 6 games.

I personally am a big time Cubs fan and, as usual, I have no horse in the race and, as long as the Yanks don't win, I'll be perfectly happy when the season finally ends and I can look forward to next ye...I just made myself sad.