MLB 2K10 Predicts World Series Winner

nash_clovis

Jun 5, 2009
I really could care less at this point, so long as the AL wins the world series, and so long as it isn't the Yankees.

Go Rangers, you guys probably deserved it more than my White Sox.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
My sister's 8th grade boyfriend (Brett Gardner) just sparked the rally that gave the Yankees the lead. Way to rep Holly Hill.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
That was just terrible. Seriously, how do you blow a 5 run lead like that?

The Rangers need to step up their game. Screw the simulation, I want the Yankees out of this playoffs early.

Coop83

Mar 20, 2010
I'm now really looking forward to seeing if we (The Yankees) can prove the simulation wrong. They may be able to get decent results for "playing the numbers", but there are so many variables to think of, such as pitchers coming in on short rest, shuffles to the lineup, which AJ Burnett will pitch on any given night and of course injuries, that the system can never be perfect. That's what makes watching the sport so much fun.

cobra_ky

Nov 20, 2008
Greg Tito said:
According to a simulation run in MLB 2K10, the super-underdog San Francisco Giants will be this year's World Series winner. The simulation used "Inside Edge Data technology" to determine that the Giants would win in seven stressful games against the Yankees, taking San Francisco's first Series win since the franchise moved out west in 1957. Outfielder Cody Ross will belt a two-run game winning home run in Game 7 and take home World Series MVP honors.
You left out the most important part! Did the Yankees blow a 3-0 series lead?

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Are there any actual Yankees fans left? I mean, sure people wear the uniforms and shirts and hats and go to games, but I feel like they're probably under some kind of mind control device or some such.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
The only problem i see with this outcome is that its actually dead wrong. I'm pretty sure my Phillies are going to win. I mean we got Hamels, Halladay, and Oswalt. H2O just can't be defeated.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
cobra_ky said:
You left out the most important part! Did the Yankees blow a 3-0 series lead?
Actually the simulation said the Yanks blew a 3-1 series lead. Not as bad as 2004 ALCS but enough to pin the Yankees as the biggest playoff choke artists ever.

Greg Tito

Sep 29, 2005
WrcklessIntent said:
The only problem i see with this outcome is that its actually dead wrong. I'm pretty sure my Phillies are going to win. I mean we got Hamels, Halladay, and Oswalt. H2O just can't be defeated.
I think you are dead on correct sir. My money's on the Phils to win.