MLG Signs Soda Sponsor

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
MLG Signs Soda Sponsor

Dr. Pepper peps up professional gamers with a new gaming showroom at MLG competitions.

Major League Gaming (MLG) has signed a new sponsor to hydrate its competitors. Dr. Pepper, a Cadbury Schweppes plc. product, is aiming at the young soda-chugging crowd, a demographic that is linked with gaming. Advertisements for the soft drink includes the development of the Dr. Pepper Ultimate Gaming House and an co-branded gaming championship. The Dr. Pepper Ultimate Gaming House will be present at all major MLG tournaments in 2008, and it will host a number of game rooms decked with technology and celebrities for the entertainment of event attendees.

"Major League Gaming offers us an ideal opportunity to connect with the Dr Pepper consumer," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr Pepper. "We are excited to provide Dr Pepper fans with such a unique opportunity in the gaming community and bring more to Major League Gaming by introducing the Dr Pepper Ultimate Gaming House and the Online Collegiate Gaming Championship."

"In less than 2 years, MLG has grown from a grass roots phenomenon into a major cross-platform media property spanning live events, TV and online," said Mike Sepso, chairman of Major League Gaming. "Our sold-out live Pro-Circuit, our national TV programming, and millions of online fans have created the critical mass and credibility to help partners like Dr Pepper connect with young consumers in an authentic way."

Gigith

Mar 6, 2008
Darth Mobius said:
Woohoo. My favorite soda sponsors ANOTHER sport I am not good enough to play...
For me and many many Halo 3 players MLG is just how you play, it's not a matter of skill, just of balanced gameplay and teamwork.

I'm not all that great at Halo 3, but I have this icon because I think MLG is fun to play and is entertaining to watch.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
I'm a Dr. Pepper kind of guy, but I always thought of Mountain Dew as being the gamer's soda of choice. I seem to remember a poll a while back that said when students at Full Sail campus were asked, they far and away favored the Dew.

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
I think when you're in competition or development mode, Dew is the way to go. It just has a taste and vibe about it that makes it feel like more of an energy drink. Dr. Pepper tastes more laid back, filling, and not nearly as flashy. It's old reliable, and I'll never stop supporting the stuff.

However, I should research caffiene comparisons between the two.