MMO's you'd like to see as single player games?

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Definitely Star Wars: The Old Republic. My biggest problem was the MMO bits stapled awkwardly to what otherwise have ended up as a fantastic RPG with a ton of different protagonists to choose from (both good and evil). Really a pity.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Probably alone in this, but I liked Tera's asthetic, but the game was held down by all it's MMO Bullshit, in that it became boring and grindy as fuck.

Brian Tams

Sep 3, 2012
The Old Republic. Loved the story aspects, but there's so much fucking GRIND to get to each one that I just couldn't be asked to put that much effort into the story.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I would say most of them. One of the things that really turns me off MMOs is the fact the my impact on the game world virtually nill, there is no sense of progression whatsoever. Also it'd be nice to have a game world to myself and not have to share it with several thousand other yahoo's running with idiotic names like XxXmegacuntXxX floating above their heads.

Prime_Hunter_H01

Dec 20, 2011
MrHide-Patten said:
Probably alone in this, but I liked Tera's asthetic, but the game was held down by all it's MMO Bullshit, in that it became boring and grindy as fuck.
Not alone.

Reading this Tera was also coming to my mind. It has some cool lore, and a cool setting. While I still like it as an mmo I would love a single player version to be able to explore with more freedom and not have to worry about server slots and character limits. I know there are a lot more characters I want to make than the 8 total slots you could get. Like Elder Scrolls and Fallouts 3 and New Vegas I would be starting new games left and right trying out many different builds.

FrozenLaughs

Sep 9, 2013
Dead Century said:
That's my biggest issue with MMOs, I try to play them as singleplayer games and it doesn't work. I was into Final Fantasy XIV ARR for a bit, but I got tired of queuing up for 45 min to an hour just to have a shot at completing a dungeon to progress the story. And I'm terrible at asking for help, although quite glad to give assistance. Hmm, I wonder if we have any Dot Hack fans here, those were basically offline MMOs.
OMG I've always wanted an actual .dot Hack mmo since playing the PS2 series. I loved that design and randomizing element. Or at least a co-op mode my friends and I could join together on.

Wonder if .dot Hack will ever see a next gen followup.

aozgolo

Mar 15, 2011
While I would still play the hell out of it if they would ever freaking release it outside Japan, I would love to have Dragon Quest X as a single player game. I've never played it personally (again, stupid Japanese exclusivity crap) but I would so very much love to see another game with the level of polish and shine that Dragon Quest VIII brought to the series on a modern console.

Also, Neverwinter. From what I did play of it, it felt pretty soloable already but the insane amount of random "social crap" kind of detracted from the overall experience and kept pulling me back out of the world.