Moar Food!: Faux Pas that drive you crazy.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
AngloDoom said:
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Techno Squidgy said:
AngloDoom said:
Mayonnaise with pizza.

That's...that's wrong. It's not even a matter of opinion, that's just objectively wrong. If you put mayonnaise on your pizza then your pizza should be immediately confiscated and given to the nearest starving tramp: at least they won't mistreat their food.
Depends what was on the pizza to begin with. Mayonnaise if fucking delicious, with the right toppings that could taste pretty damn good.
I'm sorry, but your mother and I have been talking and...and we think you have a problem.

Please, don't try to rationalise it; it just makes it harder for us both. We don't want to see you destroy yourself, you've got so much life ahead of you! Drugs Mayonnaise is just wrong, Techno, and until you learn to admit that, well...I'm not sure we can keep enabling you.
YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. MAYONNAISE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES MY LIFE WORTH LIVING! HOW DARE YOU TRY AND TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME. YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!

I like you, we need more silliness in the Escapist.

Carry on.
Aww, thank you.

The real is too boring, the surreal is where things get interesting!

Canadian Rob

Oct 15, 2012
Aylaine said:
What if I've had good quality meat, but still prefer A1? :)
I'd criticize your tastes, but they are your right to have. Isn't that what we are here to do, criticize other's tastes? Or at least behaviors you find inappropriate with food? I find that A1 tends to detract from the taste of good steak. If you want some A1 after tasting your steak and find it lacking to your tastes, fine. I object to people who take a steak merely as a vessel for their A1.

Stu35 said:
Thats how chips should be. It's the European way, and if Americans will insist on calling them "French Fries" then you should bloody eat them the 'French' way you godless heathen North American scumbags.

And whilst we're on Americans - LEARN WHAT CHEESE IS! Dear god that horrific plastic shit you people call cheese is just insulting.
See? Criticism of other's choices, like abject hatred of Americans. I currently live in the states, they really aren't all that bad here. But some people just love to hate them.

I could launch into an essay on the origin of the term French Fries, (it involves WWI, Belgium, and convenient nomenclature from american soldiers), but frankly it is just the american term for fries, which are not chips. Chips are larger cut, called steak fries in the States, large and tender and I love them. Fries are potatoes cut at more of a Julienne, small, crispy, and I love them too. It's all just different terms for the same sorts of food, no longer having an identity especially French to Americans at all. It's all about regional tastes. I personally just dislike mayo.
And I find most Americans hate that cheese too, and prefer cheddar.

Then again, as I said, this is a thread for criticizing other's choices, so who am I really to say?