Mob Kills Wal-Mart Employee, Keeps Shopping

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Wow, i have no idea what to really say. How have we evolved as a species with things like this going on?

HSIAMetalKing

Jan 2, 2008
Reading this story made my blood boil. Fucking New York, man... the place is a cesspool. I really hope that the police are able to make some arrests.

SnowCold

Oct 1, 2008
I used to be sad that there is no black friday in Israel, No I'm glad, cause in Israel, it would be a mirical if noyl one person would be killed >_>

Nov 28, 2007
*picks up katana* Someone want to drive me to New York? Seriously, man. This isn't just sad, that's fucking heartless and cruel to KILL SOMEONE, then not even care beyond your own shopping spree. God, I hate humanity.

Clairaudient

Aug 12, 2008
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Exactly why we need public euthenasia programs...
Quoted for truth. Vermin like this need to be killed.

*Not surprising out of NY actually (sorry to all the civil NYers). A friend was visiting NY and had to take the city bus. Being from Montreal (where she and I live) she tried to wait in line at a busy bus stop but everyone just pushed and shoved as the bus pulled up trying to get on first. Even at the busiest downtown bus stops in Montreal people form a single file line and anyone who cuts is sent to the back. It makes me proud that we have some bastion of hope for ourselves in my hometown.

Brokkr said:
I heard that the police are going to look over the footage from the security cameras and charge a lot of the people who were responsible for this.
Unfortunately, a lot of the people they decide to charge will probably contest/appeal their way out of any real punishment.

DiamondJim

Sep 27, 2008
I was going to pose the suggestion that Wal-Mart employees should be armed from now on during Black Friday... but after thinking about it and reviewing this particular instance... that would probably wind up spreading more bloodshed. Not because the employees would be shooting anyone, but because the mob would probably just think there was a sweet deal on assault rifles and sub-machine guns. This is ridiculous.

Society Fail.

Balgus

Jul 15, 2008
a person is smart, people are stupid and mobs are where the animal instinct to take what you need and screw everything else occurs.
to be honest when the whole mob charged in i doubt you would have the power to stop and help some one who has fallen down vs the oblivious thousand strong mob that wants to buy.
this was heartless and sad,
the ability to forget about others and prioritize yourself completely, i thought that existed only in horror films and do or die situations but for Christmas shopping i do hope that every one who knocked that man down and trampled him pays.

Bling Cat

Jan 13, 2008
You know what they could do to make this into something good? They could make it into an ad campaign to stop people from going so crazy on Black Friday; Show them the consequences of their actions.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
Faith in humanity....failing.
And what's worse is that I wasn't even surprised, I just sighed. I could go on about the should've and would'ves but all I can do is hope someone learns from it.

rosac

Sep 13, 2008
*sighs*

is this for real, i mean really. This mob sounds like the kind that would take easter eggs from the devil if the price is right...

once again, rosacs grip against depression is failing...

rosac

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
This is disgusting. I normally defend capitalism when it is under attack from people who say that the world has become overly materialistic, but I can't do it for this. I cannot defend the murder of an innocent employee who was just trying to make some money to feed his family. Because that's what this is: murder. These people knew they were killing a man, knew that he was dead, and they kept shopping. I hope their Christmas is overshadowed by the pall of death that they have wrought upon the family of this man. I hope their Christmas dinner rots in their mouths. This is unforgivable.

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Beowulf DW said:
In my opinion, this is a disgusting display of just how far over the line consumerism has gone in this country. This inbred urge to, "Buy! Buy! Buy!" is also one of the main reasons we drove ourselves into an economic recession, isn't it?

My heart and prayers go out to the family, friends, and soul of that poor worker.

...Man...The fact that that is a really fucked up way to die certainly doesn't help matters...
i agree with ya completely

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
When I saw this, I silently prayed it was a joke article.
If only, been on the news pages of the BBC and all.
Any news on how the Police are treating this? Anything less than manslaughter and I'll be severely deisappointed.

In the meantime, thoughts and prayers for Mr Damour's family.

Airhead

May 8, 2008
I just wonder what the hell did they want to get from the shop that was worth waiting hours in a line, vandalizing the entrance and disregarding safety of others and self. An IPod? Killing in the name of a religion or a political ideology is crazy, but killing for inanimate objects you don't need anyway is just beyond fucking words.