Mob Kills Wal-Mart Employee, Keeps Shopping

Hevoo

Nov 29, 2008
xitel said:
This is disgusting. I normally defend capitalism when it is under attack from people who say that the world has become overly materialistic, but I can't do it for this. I cannot defend the murder of an innocent employee who was just trying to make some money to feed his family. Because that's what this is: murder. These people knew they were killing a man, knew that he was dead, and they kept shopping. I hope their Christmas is overshadowed by the pall of death that they have wrought upon the family of this man. I hope their Christmas dinner rots in their mouths. This is unforgivable.
/completely 100% agree with you

COR 2000

Jun 30, 2008
God, this makes me sick to my stomach. How greedy people in our society have become.....
Also....

'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'
As if anyone gives a crap, especially since someone died because of your greed.

HSIAMetalKing said:
.... Fucking New York, man... the place is a cesspool.
Not all of it, Thank god.

rayman 101

Jun 7, 2008
It's time like this I'm glad that I own GTA IV......so I can kill the fucking idiots that inhabit New York.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Stubee said:
I dont get it, if they are wiling to smash doors down and kill people, why not just steal the damn merchandise?

And how big are the discounts? we dont have Black friday in the UK
Beaten to it. Apparently murder isn't quite as bad as theft now? It's really just too disgusting to comment on, this is one of the few times I wouldn't mind a literal interpretation of "eye for an eye". May the spirit of that poor employee haunt every product purchased by those jackasses.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" said one shopper who was shocked by the savage display.

Do I have to say anything?!

Jul 9, 2008
Nathan Meunier said:
"When they were saying they had to leave, that an employee got killed, people were yelling, 'I've been on line since yesterday morning,'" said one shopper who was shocked by the savage display.
Seriously? A)the savings can't be worth that. B)How do you not care that someone's dead?

galletea said:
Faith in humanity....failing.
And what's worse is that I wasn't even surprised, I just sighed. I could go on about the should've and would'ves but all I can do is hope someone learns from it.
I know, same with me. When a friend of mine told me "Hey, some guy at a wall-mart got crushed on Black Friday" my first thought (besides the usual "oh, that's horrible" stuff)was "Didn't that happen last year? Or the year before? Or when the iPhone came out?"

EDIT:
rayman 101 said:
It's time like this I'm glad that I own GTA IV......so I can kill the fucking idiots that inhabit New York.
The scary part is, taking Nico out of the equation, Liberty City is better than this.

TheDean

Sep 12, 2008
they broke the door down and trampled people so they could BUY STUFF??? MORONS! JERKS! IDIOTS! Intelligence isn't expensive--go get some.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
My sympathy goes out to the family and the deceased.

With the economy in the toilet, I'm not surprised that there were some mobs, but it's definately to far if someone gets killed because of a TV that's 70% off or something.

If I had any respect in humanity, I'd lose alot of it I'd tell you that.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Jesus...I'm really not sure what to say to this. This truly is disgusting. My hearts go out to the friends and family of the man who was killed. Seriously, a bargain is worth more than a human life?

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago but this still shocked me.

I hope that nobody will ever make this Black Friday stuff again.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
I think there is some of the responsibility for this tragedy being over looked here:

Five minutes before the store was to open, the horde of unruly customers shattered the door, trampled through the half-dozen Wal-Mart employees who had desperately been trying to reinforce the doomed entryway, and proceeded to shop, according to police and eyewitnesses.
The employer and managers responsible for sending those under paid, no benefits workers to 'reinforce' should be criminally charged and fired. Walmart should also be investigated to see if this is standard practice to send employees into harm's way.

Common sense should tell you that if you have a pressing mob outside your front doors, you get people away from the doors and tell the crowd to get orderly or disperse ... or there will be no shopping period, we'll just turn out the lights and walk out the back door till the cops take care of the mob. This isn't just a story about the mob of shoppers being greedy and irresponsible, its about the business being that way too.

And not only that, but apparently there were police present? Why weren't they doing their jobs and calling in the riot police, ambulance, and demanding people get orderly or disperse?

There are all kinds of hands with blood on them with things like this. I hope some people who are running businesses read this: don't even try to do business in situations like this.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
If the people running Wal-Mart have any sense of decency, they'll do something like not perpetuate the shopping frenzy for the rest of this year's holiday season and maybe next year as well by having no special deals and no holiday hours. But I know they'll never do anything like this, they just care about raking in that dough.

Hunde Des Krieg

Sep 30, 2008
galletea said:
Faith in humanity....failing.
And what's worse is that I wasn't even surprised, I just sighed. I could go on about the should've and would'ves but all I can do is hope someone learns from it.
No one will. I mean this should be one of those moments where a society stands back and re-evaluates itself, but no one will and crap like this will likely happen again.

Fanboy

Oct 20, 2008
They should have only allowed a small amount of people in at a time to avoid this very thing. I hope the employee's family sues Walmart for this.

Edit: Missed the part about how they broke in early. My basic sentiments remain; Walmart should have done more to protect it's employees.

I also hope those worthless, pathetic sheep got what they were shopping for.

songnar

Modulator
Oct 26, 2008
Thanks heavens I take residence in Texas where there are usually no more than 50 people at any one given store (even Wal-Mart) waiting on black friday...
I suspect that it's because most southerners think it's idiotic to be outdoors at those silly, wee hours.

Yeah, we had a slavery issue a number of years ago, but at least nobody got trampled for a Cuisinart.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
I heard about this. I saw it in the news. This happened about a town away from where I worked. This is sad. Words cannot describe the hate I have toward all of those bastards.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Tiamat666 said:
This is why I hate crowds. It's easy for a crowd of people to stop being individual, thinking human beings and start becoming a crazy, wild animal.
Ever read Among the Thugs by Bill Buford? Talks about mob mentality and all that. Excellent reading.