Mob Kills Wal-Mart Employee, Keeps Shopping

Rankao

Mar 10, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
I think there is some of the responsibility for this tragedy being over looked here:

Five minutes before the store was to open, the horde of unruly customers shattered the door, trampled through the half-dozen Wal-Mart employees who had desperately been trying to reinforce the doomed entryway, and proceeded to shop, according to police and eyewitnesses.
The employer and managers responsible for sending those under paid, no benefits workers to 'reinforce' should be criminally charged and fired. Walmart should also be investigated to see if this is standard practice to send employees into harm's way.

Common sense should tell you that if you have a pressing mob outside your front doors, you get people away from the doors and tell the crowd to get orderly or disperse ... or there will be no shopping period, we'll just turn out the lights and walk out the back door till the cops take care of the mob. This isn't just a story about the mob of shoppers being greedy and irresponsible, its about the business being that way too.

And not only that, but apparently there were police present? Why weren't they doing their jobs and calling in the riot police, ambulance, and demanding people get orderly or disperse?

There are all kinds of hands with blood on them with things like this. I hope some people who are running businesses read this: don't even try to do business in situations like this.
Dude... They broke through the fucking door and just ran over the damn guy. The only thing short of stopping a mob is tear gas and shotguns.

Link Kadeshi

Oct 17, 2008
These Black Fridays are normally this bad(Well... Not death bad) at Wal-Marts to my knowledge, though I imagine others get busy as well, of course. The only thing I find humerous, is that a pregnent woman thought it'd be safe for her there. Not HAHA funny, just stupid funny. These businesses, Wal-Mart most importantly need to stop the grubbing of monies. Walk through a Wal-Mart and look at how many things are "Made in China", and then take a quick look at China's QA laws... You'll only need 1 minute to realize why so many babies toys kill babies. And that is what someone died for, a rush for lead-based toys. But at least they were cheap. My faith in humanity has not been there for awhile.

Fronken

May 10, 2008
Seriously??, they broke in the doors and trampled a worker to death just for bargains???, fuck man, thats just sick, to bad the workers arent allowed to carry weapons and tear gas grenades to stop mobs, they really should be, if a mob of people brakes the entryway and storms the store, they should be allowed to hose them all down with pepper spray or whatever to stop them.

Im still hoping this is just some sick joke, but it looks like it isnt, my condolences to the family and friends of the deceased :(

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
I think there is some of the responsibility for this tragedy being over looked here:

Five minutes before the store was to open, the horde of unruly customers shattered the door, trampled through the half-dozen Wal-Mart employees who had desperately been trying to reinforce the doomed entryway, and proceeded to shop, according to police and eyewitnesses.
The employer and managers responsible for sending those under paid, no benefits workers to 'reinforce' should be criminally charged and fired. Walmart should also be investigated to see if this is standard practice to send employees into harm's way.

Common sense should tell you that if you have a pressing mob outside your front doors, you get people away from the doors and tell the crowd to get orderly or disperse ... or there will be no shopping period, we'll just turn out the lights and walk out the back door till the cops take care of the mob. This isn't just a story about the mob of shoppers being greedy and irresponsible, its about the business being that way too.

And not only that, but apparently there were police present? Why weren't they doing their jobs and calling in the riot police, ambulance, and demanding people get orderly or disperse?

There are all kinds of hands with blood on them with things like this. I hope some people who are running businesses read this: don't even try to do business in situations like this.
Your blind Wal-Mart hatred is unfounded. It's a crappy job just like any other High School / College part time job. They all have bad pay, and they all offer little or no benefits. Get over it.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Hunde Des Krieg said:
Exactly why we need public euthenasia programs...
Indeed, as leader of the cult of skaro I claim role of leader in this new program. But all ego driven jokes aside yeah we really do need such programs here in the U.S.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
First someone gets stabbed to death in my home town of Patchogue, then this. Man, great time to be in NY.

stompy

Jan 21, 2008
Brokkr said:
I heard that the police are going to look over the footage from the security cameras and charge a lot of the people who were responsible for this.
If they didn't stop and try and help the man, at the very least, then they deserve to get charged with manslaughter.

Disgusting. That's how I sum up this event.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
Rankao said:
Dude... They broke through the fucking door and just ran over the damn guy. The only thing short of stopping a mob is tear gas and shotguns.
Right, so why was that guy in a place to be ran over in the first place? If he wasn't actually in a position to stop the mob, why was he placed there to 'reinforce' the door? Where was the department managers and general manager when this took place? On a hunch I very much doubt anything above a shift supervisor was 'reinforcing' the front doors.

SuperFriendBFG said:
Your blind Wal-Mart hatred is unfounded. It's a crappy job just like any other High School / College part time job. They all have bad pay, and they all offer little or no benefits. Get over it.
Wow, you must face a pretty bleak job market where ever you are if all your jobs are like that, especially if you have a college education to pay for during or afterwards - student debt is brutal. Not all jobs are like that, it is possible to find jobs even out of highschool that pay well and have benefits as a incentive to keep employees - I strongly suggest looking into the trades for example, I know I enjoy carpentry and hope to learn other trades that go into building and maintaining sustainable and safe homes.

And where do you get off accusing me of being blind and full of hatred towards this corporation? If a documentary (http://www.walmartmovie.com/) and the testimonies of (former?) employees of those places in this thread won't convince you of the truth of the matter, I would strongly suggest that is you who is being blind.

And don't try to paint this like I was only laying blame at the feet of Walmart, I realize full well that everyone there bears the weight of responsibility for this death; just because this Walmart places their employees in harms way doesn't mean the customers had to harm the employee and each other, or that the police had to react to a tragedy rather than prevent one. Even the employees bear some of the responsibility for not telling the employer 'Hell no' and walking off the job when the working conditions became unsafe.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Bloody hell this is sick. Should of tear gassed the whole store to restore order. Easier said then done though. I lose my faith in America when I hear things like this.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
Ago Iterum said:
gerrymander61 said:
Haha, funniest shit i've heard all week!
Okay, yeah, a second post, I'm sorry but I couldn't ignore this. What the hell is wrong with you. Funny?

This post of yours got me so annoyed, but I plan on keeping my badge for not being banned or probationed yet. And you're not worth a banning. However, I'd be delighted to see a lifetime ban attatched to your name.

I'll sit and await my medal for not tearing the... faeces out of you verbally, and hope that others see the light and report this waste of vital organs.
Oh don't worry I reported that son of a ***** I don't care if I get banned, thats not on.

RentCavalier

Dec 17, 2007
Not much really to say about this. It's kind of crazy to imagine people would be so gung-ho for shopping on Black Friday...hell, I even know some perfectly rational friends of mine who honestly enjoy shopping on Black Friday, but this...

I mean, fuck. It's really hard to tell if we're getting better or worse as a species with stuff like this.

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
CanadianWolverine said:
Rankao said:
Right, so why was that guy in a place to be ran over in the first place? If he wasn't actually in a position to stop the mob, why was he placed there to 'reinforce' the door? Where was the department managers and general manager when this took place? On a hunch I very much doubt anything above a shift supervisor was 'reinforcing' the front doors.

Wow, you must face a pretty bleak job market where ever you are if all your jobs are like that, especially if you have a college education to pay for during or afterwards - student debt is brutal. Not all jobs are like that, it is possible to find jobs even out of highschool that pay well and have benefits as a incentive to keep employees - I strongly suggest looking into the trades for example, I know I enjoy carpentry and hope to learn other trades that go into building and maintaining sustainable and safe homes.

And where do you get off accusing me of being blind and full of hatred towards this corporation? If a documentary (http://www.walmartmovie.com/) and the testimonies of (former?) employees of those places in this thread won't convince you of the truth of the matter, I would strongly suggest that is you who is being blind.

And don't try to paint this like I was only laying blame at the feet of Walmart, I realize full well that everyone there bears the weight of responsibility for this death; just because this Walmart places their employees in harms way doesn't mean the customers had to harm the employee and each other, or that the police had to react to a tragedy rather than prevent one. Even the employees bear some of the responsibility for not telling the employer 'Hell no' and walking off the job when the working conditions became unsafe.
Wal-Mart doesn't pay any less then flipping burgers at McDonald's. There is a job market, but for a first job Wal-Mart is actually pretty good. Anyone can get sick of these low paying jobs because yes for the total amount of work you do you are underpaid, but such is the fact of life. I worked at a grocery store as my first job, and all the bag boys were part time regardless of the hours they did. But by law over here if we do more then 36 hours a week for 3 weeks, then yeah we are forced into being full time, but there are similar laws present in the United States, and yes Wal-Mart follows those same laws.

The Documentary also scorns Wal-Mart for providing low prices. Oh no! cheaper products for consumers whatever shall we do?! Just because Wal-Mart provides the lowest prices, that doesn't mean it's always the best place to shop. Here in Montreal there are several grocery chains. Metro is generally the more expensive grocery store, but they make up for it in improved customer service and they do have some very good specials a lot more often then their competition. The other groceries are mostly cheaper, but Metro isn't going out of business.

If a Wal-Mart was to build a store in a small community, yes of course some small businesses will be affected, this happens all the time, and it isn't just Wal-Mart that does it.

Oh of course I expect you to play the Sweatshop in 3rd world countries card. You sit there in your suburban home and assume you know what's best for the people in other countries. Let me tell you my man that it's a different world over there. The people in those countries are often forced into things like prostitution, rummaging through trash, working out in the fields all just so they can survive. When a clothing manufacturer is built, they are payed something like $0.15 an hour, but that allows them to survive without resorting to the alternatives that are present in their country. Sweat shops often pay quite a bit more then the average incomes in the area, nothing else needs to be said.

Sackwak

Dec 20, 2007
After reading that, something inside me tore

I hope that whoever caused the incident comes to their senses and realise what they've done. Sick pricks

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
CrafterMan said:
Ago Iterum said:
gerrymander61 said:
Haha, funniest shit i've heard all week!
Okay, yeah, a second post, I'm sorry but I couldn't ignore this. What the hell is wrong with you. Funny?

This post of yours got me so annoyed, but I plan on keeping my badge for not being banned or probationed yet. And you're not worth a banning. However, I'd be delighted to see a lifetime ban attatched to your name.

I'll sit and await my medal for not tearing the... faeces out of you verbally, and hope that others see the light and report this waste of vital organs.
Oh don't worry I reported that son of a ***** I don't care if I get banned, thats not on.
Yeah, where do they get off laughing at something they find funny.

Memo to Walmart: Next year we use the pit.

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
in darwin australia the worst that happens is that you cant find a fucking thing. so in conclusion wow those guys are the biggest cunts i have ever seen/heard about

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Ah, Black Friday. One of my favorite holidays. Lock your doors and hit the floor. Wal-mart is already notorious for its problems and clientèle and this is just going to make it worse. What's worse is that Black Friday isn't even really a special day. The sales then are no better then the sales that happen all year long. The rush is just a mad tradition. I personally think that the mad rush fills the savage raw human instinct to compete and taste blood that peaks every once and while in people. Fare thee well noble clerk in your afterlife.

monalith

Nov 24, 2008
Ranooth said:
Wow, i have no idea what to really say. How have we evolved as a species with things like this going on?
its human nature we are very much a pack/herd species the behaviour is called animal magnitism have you ever noticed when a random bird changes direction and the whole flock follows that is all it is.