Mob Kills Wal-Mart Employee, Keeps Shopping

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
KeitheyGreg said:
Brokkr said:
I heard that the police are going to look over the footage from the security cameras and charge a lot of the people who were responsible for this.
this being a nice idea and all, but have you ever been in a mob before? you have no choice but to go with the flow with you have a massive force pushing you from every witch angle. And this being said i bet there where people who wanted to help this man but if they where to try and help him up they would have been pushed to the ground and trampled aswell. But you'd think in a country where the national debt is something like 20 trillion( its an astonishing number whatever the real figure is ) you'd think people really don't need to shop that bad.
Ouch grammar. Also the debt is closer to 10 Trillion than 20.

Ago Iterum

Dec 31, 2007
perfectimo said:
Ago Iterum said:
Not for the wal-mart incident, you idiot. For him thinking it's funny, and expressing on a thread full of people paying respect that he thought it was funny.

Don't be the 'controversial maverick forumist' all of your life, it's not becoming of you.
I meant him being banned, thanks for proceeding to call me an idiot then claim I want to be a 'controversial maverick forumist'. I'll leave now because this is no longer a conversation about the topic and more about arguing.
Well I thought after your first comment that sounded like you were saying it was fine for the guy to laugh at this publicly, that it was a sarcastic retort to my answer, but I took it too sarcastically, and less literally. My own fault, I'll admit, and I sincerely apologise for having a go at you.

perfectimo

Sep 17, 2008
Ago Iterum said:
Well I thought after your first comment that sounded like you were saying it was fine for the guy to laugh at this publicly, that it was a sarcastic retort to my answer, but I took it too sarcastically, and less literally. My own fault, I'll admit, and I sincerely apologise for having a go at you.
That's cool, I just didn't understand why you thought I was talking about the Walmart incident when we were talking about that guy for a bit. Oh well, sorry if my post came off sarcastically.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
It make me sick that I am part of the same species than that man that killed that employee. We are a very dumb and selfish species indeed.

My prayers go out to the family. :(

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
This is a horrible thing to happen, and I fell for the family. However, it seems they filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart (and plan to file against the police department, too) for his death in the Black Friday incident. The link is here. http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20081203/Wal.Mart.Death/

Hopefully this will knock some sense into Wal-Mart with all their Black Friday adds and such.

fat american

Apr 2, 2008
Beowulf DW said:
In my opinion, this is a disgusting display of just how far over the line consumerism has gone in this country. This inbred urge to, "Buy! Buy! Buy!" is also one of the main reasons we drove ourselves into an economic recession, isn't it?

My heart and prayers go out to the family, friends, and soul of that poor worker.

...Man...The fact that that is a really fucked up way to die certainly doesn't help matters...
Buying would actually help get us out of he depression but prices are so high we can't afford it. Which is why when Wal-Mart actually had lower prices than everyone else people were clamboring to get to the store. I think every single one of those people should be prosicuted.

It's not like they can't feel him underneath their shoes! Seriously I know it would be hard to stop the pushing to get him up but you could at least try to avoid stomping on him. Maybe on the ground around him or, if that's not possible, don't step on his ribs or head.

[quote/]I think it's gene cleansing/population control time.
I agree. Too many stupid people that would bust down doors and kill a man for a T.V. instead of being civil and waiting. You know it was those people at the front who had got there THE DAY BEFORE to get the T.V. that started it.

TaborMallory

May 4, 2008
When I first heard about this, my mind didn't really process it. After I sat here and physically read the article, my last ounce of faith in my own country fell to its silent death.
Doesn't help much with my current mood, because now I just want to punch a random stranger in the face.

There are some truly sick people in the world, and I sincerely apologize to all who have fallen victim to a hoard of sheeple [http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sheeple].

Molikroth

Nov 1, 2008
If I had a choice between a dirt-cheap games console and Sanchez going home to his family tonight, I'd take the games console.

However, considering the crowd broke into Wal-mart, I wouldn't have been part of it. I prefer extremely limited freedom in a large area of space as opposed to no freedom in a 4'x4' room.

Is the entire crowd (or at the very least the front few people/anyone caught on camera pushing) going to be charged with breaking and entry, as well as whatever label fits how that guy died?

Jeronus

Nov 14, 2008
I can see why these people felt no guilt for their actions. The people involved were caught in a mob mentality that spread the blame instead of focusing it on one singular person therefore making it easier to ignore a cry for help or a man being trampled in this particular instance. Think of it this way, it easier to ignore a call for help if you figure someone else will help that person. I am not defending their actions just explaining them so put down your flamethrowers.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Brokkr said:
I heard that the police are going to look over the footage from the security cameras and charge a lot of the people who were responsible for this.
Christmas and the Holidays in general are supposed to be about spending time with freinds and family, now 1 man wont be able to ever again, and the holidays will be ruined for years to come for his family, and a bunch of others will more then likely be spending it behind bars, and i do hope they become the new female dog of everyone in the place

Gestapo Hunter

Oct 20, 2008
Man this is one of the most screwed up thing ive ever heard. goes to show the how much people value now these days

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Jeronus said:
I can see why these people felt no guilt for their actions. The people involved were caught in a mob mentality that spread the blame instead of focusing it on one singular person therefore making it easier to ignore a cry for help or a man being trampled in this particular instance. Think of it this way, it easier to ignore a call for help if you figure someone else will help that person. I am not defending their actions just explaining them so put down your flamethrowers.
Well there's that and for a stampede to stop, there has to be an equal force pushing against the stampede. Many stampedes have a force that is well over 4000lbs. No small group of persons will ever stop that. Anyone trying to stop for whatever reason is either going to get trampled themselves, or they will just get pushed forward by these behind him/her.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Molikroth said:
If I had a choice between a dirt-cheap games console and Sanchez going home to his family tonight, I'd take the games console.
What is wrong with you you would rather the family of this man lose a son, a father; thats horrible give your head a shake or your no better then this man's killer, my prayers to the families of the victims

tijuanatim

Sep 24, 2008
Pigeon_Grenade said:
Brokkr said:
Christmas and the Holidays in general are supposed to be about spending time with freinds and family, now 1 man wont be able to ever again, and the holidays will be ruined for years to come for his family, and a bunch of others will more then likely be spending it behind bars, and i do hope they become the new female dog of everyone in the place
As much as I hate to say it, I would be surprised to see anyone spend anytime in jail for this.
Civil lawsuits will abound though, and hopefully the people who are responsible will be taken for everything that they're worth, so they won't be able to shop at anywhere BUT WalMart for the rest of their miserable lives.

Hookman

Jul 2, 2008
Oh my god. That is sick. With people like these at it helm humanity has no hope of survival. You trampled a guy to death but thats okay because there are low,low prices! What really gets to me is that they were so greedy and selfish they broke down the doors FIVE minutes before it opened. You couldnt wait five fucking minutes? People so freakin selfish theyre willing to put there health and the safety of others at risk for a sale. What were they thinking?! Imagine the pain that poor man must have gone through. Crushed under the weight of insane greed and a mob mentality.

MasterStratus

Oct 19, 2008
I have nothing to say other than I am truly sorry for this man's family, and that all those who joined in on the mob should see this and see their errors...

MawnLower

May 9, 2008
I never would of thought Wal-Mart deals would bring out the worst in humans.
I also hear that the customers were complaining that it "took too long to get his body out of there."
I hope the poor guy's family is doing ok, and to those who trampled him and didn't give a flying shit, please go throw yourself in front of oncoming traffic. Get the hell out of here.