Modern Warfare 2 Kicks UK Sales Record's Ass

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
Jabbawocky said:
Littaly said:
Say hello to your new price tag on Activision games UK ^^
Yeah most Sainsburys were selling it for £26 and Asda for £32 so its not like we can be certain £55 will be common.
after selling that many units, activision WILL hike the price. we were warned before.

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Squid94 said:
Well....

Hooray for higher prices, and Activision's grinning faces....
*sigh* Again...

It was selling for £26. I wouldn't be surprised if someone else tried this with a smaller game and got their arse handed to them.

Also, British for "holy crap" is "fucking hell" or "bugger me", depending on severity.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I take 2 things form this: 1)That game quality is going to decline soon and 2)The majority of gamers are extremely shallow.

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
I paid $20 for it (Although I did have to trade-in Darkest of Days and L4D), but on the upside, I got this game AND fully paid off AC2...

aalio

May 18, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
I take 2 things form this: 1)That game quality is going to decline soon and 2)The majority of gamers are extremely shallow.
You're slow to the front of the line aren't you. Game quality has declined, and most gamers are extremely shallow.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Wow. I didn't pre-order GTA IV, and had to wait for the delivery truck to get my copy. But I went into the shops on tuesday morning, and they had loads of copies. I didn't buy one as I have work to do (ironic sinc I spent yesterday playing Uncharted 2)

Dean Reilly

Jan 26, 2009
"Gosh" is always a safe alternative. And the supermarket sales thing sets a really interesting precedent. In the past, stores like Woolworths used to account for a huge percentage of all music sales in the UK (you know, back when people bought music), so it'll be fascinating to see if Tesco or Sainsbury's become the new place to go for big titles.

Hutchy_Bear

May 12, 2009
Holy crap can be translated to:
Oh my!, Bloody hell!, Bugger me!, Bugger my giddy aunt! Hells Bells and buckets of blood! Jesus Christ! etc.

Also £35 for the win.

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
klc0100 said:
There were more people getting the game in Sainsburys for £26 yesterday than there were people buying food.
I'm not surprised, I got mine from Sainsburys also

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
aalio said:
canadamus_prime said:
You're slow to the front of the line aren't you. Game quality has declined, and most gamers are extremely shallow.
No, what I meant is game quality is going to start declining exponentially. And I neglected to add that I'd already figured out that the majority of gamers where extremely shallow (to the point of making a raindrop look like an Olympic swimming pool) around the time Gears of War came out.