Modern Warfare 2 PC Pricier Than Expected

Arkanthaes

May 6, 2008
Amnestic said:
As I'm a fairly die hard supporter of Consumer Rights, I'm gonna put a big ol' Fuck You sign up for this. I'll be buying my copy second hand from CeX, because I at least know those guys aren't going to rip me off.

You hear that Activision? That's loyalty to a company who has been good to me. Something you're not doing..
CeX is a ripoff. I frequently see new, unused games in GAME for the same price as the secondhand games from CeX, and one of my friends who works there often bought games secondhand from GAME and sold them to CeX at a profit.

Also, Enjoy your DRM problems

Radu889

Dec 14, 2007
Well... Seems that Activision is typing the scales on who's the bigger jackass.

Microsoft is still first though but Acti is now very close.

Probably just buy it off Steam when it's at half price.
God I love price cut weekends.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Arkanthaes said:
Amnestic said:
As I'm a fairly die hard supporter of Consumer Rights, I'm gonna put a big ol' Fuck You sign up for this. I'll be buying my copy second hand from CeX, because I at least know those guys aren't going to rip me off.

You hear that Activision? That's loyalty to a company who has been good to me. Something you're not doing..
CeX is a ripoff. I frequently see new, unused games in GAME for the same price as the secondhand games from CeX, and one of my friends who works there often bought games secondhand from GAME and sold them to CeX at a profit.

Also, Enjoy your DRM problems
I have friends at CeX. Staff discount ;)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
I can practically taste the piracy.

Of course, for all I know, this is some sort of MMOFPS or something.
I don't think I've even heard of it before...
You might want to look up Sony's Planetside then, which is an MMOFPS for the PC. You don't have a set of 'stats', but rather earn skill points.

Also, your weapons don't increase in potency, but you use skill points to unlock proficiencies (being able to actually use) new/different weapons and armour. You can also use them to unlock the ability to drive a variety of ground vehicles, air vehicles and bipedal mecha which look like the bastard child of a Timber Wolf and a Battlefield 2142 mech.

There's also a separate 'Command Point' system which you can earn by...actually I don't know, I only played it for a few days.

Three factions, constant war across a number of planets for control.

It's an MMOFPSRPG where your guns do the same amount of damage and have the same accuracy when you start out as some guy who's been playing for months. It's not like your guns are drastically weaker the less skill points you have.

/end description

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Baby Tea said:
I still say that makes it fair.
Now the prices are even across the board. The fact that they may get more money from it doesn't deter from the fact that console owners have been paying more for games. Now it's even, which is only fair for everyone.
Even by making it shitty for everyone.

That's like saying "hey, that kid over there doesn't have a leg... Let's chop everyone else's leg off so it's FAIR!".

As previously explained, consoles paid more because part of it went to the console developers. Developing for PC doesn't come with that handicap, so why should we pay more for it?

This isn't about fairness. Never is. This is about trying to squeeze out as much out of the public as they can get away with.

sneak_copter

Nov 3, 2008
So, That makes it fair.

I'll probably end up getting it on Xbox 360, cos
Controller > Keyboard & Mouse.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
Well, I wasn't really interested much in MW2 to begin with. COD4 was fun, yes; but I got bored of it fairly quickly. This has just made the already probable decision to not buy it definate.

If Activision are going to give PC Gamers a big "fuck you" by raising the prices of their games, then I'm going to give them one back by not buying any of them and taking my money elsewhere.

Blood_Lined

Mar 31, 2009
MW2 can go jump into a lake, or something along those lines. The single player will likely last me 3 hours, it has been completely online focused, which I am not interested in. Sorry MW1 fans.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
sneak_copter said:
So, That makes it fair.
Does it? The PC players are now paying the developers more than the console consumers, are they not?

I'll probably end up getting it on Xbox 360, cos
Controller > Keyboard & Mouse.
People need to get over the idea that PC=Mouse and Keyboard. It is almost shockingly easy to get a 360 controller hooked up to your PC, all the instructions are listed online with a 10 second google search of obvious keywords.

Crazy, I know, people have only been using different peripherals to play games for over two decades. It's not as if you're behind the time with your misinformed opinion or anything.

Oh wait.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Shit, I will kill everyone at activision if this causes an increase in price for pc games. Especially because Im not buying it

Hashcurt

Aug 22, 2009
Fortunately, a lot of the retailers over in blighty have still priced up Modern Warfare 2 at 34.99 online, the price it would be if I went to buy it off the shelf at Game or Gamestation.

Makes it a moot point, alongside making the complaints and counter moans about pc game pricing. I'll be probably looking at mod tooling it up, but instead getting all the "New maps" because there isn't the bottlehold on public content that there is on the XboxLive or PSN.

I think i'll be buying this and letting a few friends install it for LAN games. Beats having to have multiple copies of the same game like I would if it was the console variant.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
Chaos Marine said:
Look here. [http://www.cdwow.ie/games/PC-Game/CALL-OF-DUTY-MODERN-WARFARE-2/product/view/9838937]
dhfshfuehfefeygf!!!!! I am very happy because of you!

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
I dunno about over there, but it costs roughly the same for the standard edition across all the systems.

Frankly, I couldn't give two tosses about the Prestige edition. The artbook will be online within hours of it's release, and I'd much rather, you know, be PLAYING THE GAME I JUST SPENT 80 DOLLARS ON, rather than running around in the semi-dark with some lights strapped to my face.