Modern Warfare 2 Players Log 200,000 Gameplay Years

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
PlayStation Network or the PC. The Stimulus Pack was exclusive to Xbox Live on release and still hasn't been given a firm release date for other platforms.
just telling ya, I found on IGN in a article that they announced them for May 2nd. just telling you so that you dont need to write a full article or so about it.

Tazz Azreal

Sep 4, 2009
if people had spent less time on this game and insteadd doing better things we would jsut ahve more 12 to 14 year olds picking up litter cuz i sure as hell would not trust them to make or cure anything

UnkeptBiscuit

Jun 25, 2009
Despare said:
2.5 million people have combined for that much time in a week or two? That's what, 12 and half hours per person or so? If we can achieve world peace by asking a few million people for 12 hours then we can fix everything in a day...
Actually, the stat represents time logged since the game came out in November, for everyone who's ever played the game. But I digress. Besides, these people are running around with akimbo shotguns and rocket launchers, killing everyone in sight, and you're asking them to work for world peace? They're all around 12 years old, anyway. They wouldn't be able to contribute much, even taken as a whole.

By the way, welcome to the Escapist! Since I don't feel like hunting down the links, go ahead and read all the stickies in the forums. Insanum's video introduction is very good, but I don't think it wound up stickied. Also, stay out of the basement. It's not safe there.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Irridium said:
I'm not paying 1200 points for 5 maps.

I honestly can't see why people would, but oh well.
But if you can afford an X-box 360 and a ps3 then surely you can afford the $15 map pack?

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Korten12 said:
Tom Goldman said:
PlayStation Network or the PC. The Stimulus Pack was exclusive to Xbox Live on release and still hasn't been given a firm release date for other platforms.
just telling ya, I found on IGN in a article that they announced them for May 2nd. just telling you so that you dont need to write a full article or so about it.
Cool man.

shadowagent

Mar 28, 2009
Going by this stat, we can affirm that each second, more than 5 days and a half are played. That's nearly 490 000 concurrent players at any time.

I guess the only thing I can say is: holy shit.

Apr 28, 2008
Darth_Dude said:
Irridium said:

But if you can afford an X-box 360 and a ps3 then surely you can afford the $15 map pack?
You have no idea how much I hate statements like that.

I can afford it, but thats not the freaking point.

People are gladly paying more for less, and thats just completely ridiculous.

I'll bet if they charged $20 for the maps people would still gladly buy them.

Jamieson 90

Mar 29, 2010
Why anyone who calls themselves a PC gamer would spend $15 on 5 maps is beyond me, you know not that long ago we used to have a thing called patches and free addons that did the the same thing.

People eat it up though without realising the consequences of their actions, STOP MAKING IT EASIER FOR COMPANIES TO MANOPOLISE THE BUSINESS AND CONTENT.

THINK OF THE MODDERS, YOUR KILLING THEM, THIS IS WHAT ACTIVISION and IW WANTS, WHY DO YOU THINK THEY REMVOED DEDICATED SERVERS!

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Mr. Purple said:
<color=purple> I didn't really feel the shock factor until you mentioned how the time could have been spent better. Imagine if people had worked together to develop technology or cure a disease, and had this kind of dedication. In merely a few months we could change life as we know it. Buuuut, we would much rather get that 4th prestige symbol to show off our manliness.....
With me being on third prestige right now, I find that shockingly close to the truth

Mr. Purple

May 1, 2008
dogstile said:
Mr. Purple said:
<color=purple> I didn't really feel the shock factor until you mentioned how the time could have been spent better. Imagine if people had worked together to develop technology or cure a disease, and had this kind of dedication. In merely a few months we could change life as we know it. Buuuut, we would much rather get that 4th prestige symbol to show off our manliness.....
With me being on third prestige right now, I find that shockingly close to the truth
Infernal_Me said:
Mr. Purple said:
How the hell did you know I was working on my fourth prestige! Freakin Psionist.
<color=purple> Haha, it seems i have hit two of you. :D

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
HERP DERP, IMAGINE IF THEY PUT THEIR MINDS TO SOMETHING ELSE!!1

Really? That's where you went with this? What would the majority of MW2 players be doing otherwise? My wife and I get a few hours of MW2 in a night. You know what we'd probably be doing instead? Playing other games, watching TV, reading, or nothing. I assess insurance claims by day, I'm not curing cancer by night.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
200,000 years total for playing a single game... so does this mean that the unemployment figures are correct?
Maybe some dummies fell into the FB ads of getting paid to play video games.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
This makes me wonder who has loged more time WOW players or MW2 players.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
How much of that is legit though. If you look on the leader boards guys have already been playing Warfare for like 20 yrs. Thats like the first 10 pgs full of them to. I'm very sad to say that out of that 200,000 i have added 5 days and i still feel like i've wasted to much of my life on it.

avant132

Apr 9, 2010
Pretty impressive for a game thats only been out for a short while, but I saw a video a couple weeks ago and the total play time for wow (for all of you asking) is roughly 6 million years. Gameplay defiantly adds up

And the video if anyone cares: http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/jane_mcgonigal_gaming_can_make_a_better_world.html

Slaanax

Oct 28, 2009
I'm not disappointed in the Map pack the maps are better than the original. The map pack made me realize just how much better the Cod 4 maps and than MW2 maps, even crash the worst Cod4 map in my opinion is better than most of the maps in MW2.

Darth_Dude

Jul 11, 2008
Irridium said:
Darth_Dude said:
Irridium said:

You have no idea how much I hate statements like that.

I can afford it, but thats not the freaking point.

People are gladly paying more for less, and thats just completely ridiculous.

I'll bet if they charged $20 for the maps people would still gladly buy them.
Yes they would but whatever I'll buy it and you won't.