Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package Details Spawn

The number of maps included in Modern Warfare 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Xbox-360/dp/B00269QLI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278694263&sr=1-1]'s upcoming DLC pack, along with its cost, have been revealed.

Last week, Infinity Ward and Activision announced that a new map pack called the "Stimulus Package" for Modern Warfare 2 would be released on March 30, but didn't provide any other details. Those details have now arrived, courtesy of an early Xbox Live posting (followed by a removal) with confirmation by Infinity Ward's Robert Bowling on the Major Nelson Podcast [http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/14/show-353-wil-wheaton-mw2-stimulus-package-and-supreme-commander.aspx].

The Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package will be exclusive to Xbox Live on release and will cost 1200 Microsoft Points ($15). As Major Nelson humorously said, after the Stimulus Package's exclusivity expires it'll go "wherever else it goes after that," as the man may not be able to say PlayStation 3 without burning into flames. The length of exclusivity was not mentioned. Five maps are going to be included: three brand new and two from Modern Warfare that have been "slightly reworked" according to Bowling.

The new maps are called Bailout, Storm, and Salvage. Bailout takes place in a modern-day, burned-out apartment complex. Storm is a weathered industrial park littered with heavy machinery. Salvage is a snowy junkyard fortified by stacked debris and crushed cars.

The two maps that make a return from Modern Warfare are Crash and Overgrown. Infinity Ward didn't make any major geography changes to the maps or "re-do" them, but Bowling said that the developer did "up" the graphics and added the basic updates included in Modern Warfare 2 as a whole.

Well, does this information give anyone out there mapathy [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99059-Modern-Warfare-Bad-Company-Go-Head-to-Head-With-Map-Packs] or not?

Source: GameSpot [http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/callofdutymodernwarfare2dlcworkingtitle/news.html?sid=6253609]

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
I'm not bothered either way. I prefer the first game over MW2 and felt the second didn't do enough to justify the massive price hike.
I suppose it's good that they're revamping old maps but... I just don't care enough to buy it.

neosman8

Nov 9, 2009
1200 for a map pack man thats a major rip off. i hope you dont need them to play the game cos their is no way im buying them for 1200mp.

0p3rati0n

Apr 14, 2009
FUCKING 'ELL! I saved 800 MPs hoping that would be enough. Now I have to go out and spend even more money! I just gave up L4D2 (I got bored of it) and used some GS gift cards to get FF XIII. Now if you excuse me I'm going to get bash my head on something hard!

Edit- I blame Microsoft, Acitvition, and Robert Bowling for this.

MrSnugglesworth

Into the Wild Green Snuggle
Jan 15, 2009
Damn.

I WANTED VACANT!

But Overgrown is a good map to.

Crash is sort of meh for me.

OT: I'll pay, because I love MW2.

Destal

Jul 8, 2009
5 maps is $15? Makes me glad I mostly stick to RPG's these days. Even if Bioware's DLC isn't the best, it's still a hell of a lot better than that.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
No way. Treyarch gave us 3 map packs. Each 2/3 of the price of this, with a nice balance.

Treyarch's map packs all had 3 new MP maps, and a new Nazi Zombies map. And a bundle for less money than individual maps.

Treyarch>>>>>>>>>>>>>IW

I'll still end up getting this, because a boycott isn't going to stop it from selling. But I'm not getting it until it is forced into rotation.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
Ha! They think im gonna pay for that, on my income? Ha! I can barely afford Live as it is lol. Activision really think they can still get away with pricing like this on CoD extras? I'll just flip over the BF:BC2 then, if you don't mind. Damn Activision.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
baggyn said:
I think its a bit over priced for only 3 new maps and 2 old ones tarted up
Just a little bit...but sad thing it dosnt matter. People will still buy it because it is MW2...

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
OneBig Man said:
Tell me when there is DLC for Bad Company 2 because I am done with MW2
yeah bc2 will have maps come out around the game time as this but for free

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
They can charge as much as they want for it because it'll sell like hotcakes dipped in gold to the "hardcore" fanbase. $15 is pretty insidious.

Interference

Feb 14, 2010
Fuck no. 800mp maybe, but that is completely ridiculous for 5 maps. Anyone would think Activision were trying to bury Call of Duty completely at this rate.

phimax100

Feb 8, 2010
Now, who knows whether or not PC players will pay for DLC, if they get it at all. There's no way they could justify that, since PC version is already $10 overpriced. Especially since Cod4 DLC was free. At this rate, even Treyarch could do better.