Modern Warfare 2 Takes Away CTF.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
squidbuddy99 said:
A multiplayer game without a variant on CTF? That's one of the Ten Commandments of Online FPS! It's right next to 'Thou Shalt Not Own A Microphone Lest Ye Be Over 15 Years of Age'.
That's 20 years of age in my book.

What is this for, PC? Can we haz Link?

Jayde111

May 2, 2010
Blazing Steel said:
On my PS3 right now as I type, CTF is still here and there is no sign of a playlist called 'Barebones'.

EDIT: There's no source to back this up and google turned up no results, can anyone confirm this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKJo8hNcsU I took that video today

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
They took out CTF because during perk hours there were usually less than 2 thousand people playing in that list. It had by far the lowest number of players of all the playlists. They are trying something new and if they get enough calling for CTF only playlists back they may bring it back.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Don't really care.

Seems odd to boot out an entire game type, still I stopped playing MW2 a loooong time ago.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Why would you take the option out? Why not just add more?

So it's not popular, the people who really like it should still be able to play what they've paid for.

I don't understand what the fuck is going on with games at the moment...

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe it's just on xbox live. Or if you've got the DLC? My brother's on his PS3 now, and it's still there, so if it is just on xbox then that sucks, because I only have an xbox.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Jayde111 said:
Blazing Steel said:
On my PS3 right now as I type, CTF is still here and there is no sign of a playlist called 'Barebones'.

EDIT: There's no source to back this up and google turned up no results, can anyone confirm this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKJo8hNcsU I took that video today
Might be a trial run on Xbox or for people who bought the stimulus package because: with full udates, the PS3 without the package still has CTF.

OT: Well... shit. CTF was one of my favourite.

Uber Waddles

May 13, 2010
Most meat heads either want to kill stuff, kill stuff on hardcore, or Search and Destroy (because you can show off how "ownage" you are).

When it comes to objective based gameplay, a vast majority of the game wont play it. (See Search; how many people do you know will HONESTLY try to arm the bomb...?). Its the "Meat Head" demographic, as I call them, that enjoy and play those types of game lists.

To Infinity Ward; its either keep another server up that people arent fond of, or change that server in an attempt to get more people to it (giving them reason to keep it open).

On a side note, I would like to add a =(, Flag is almost ALWAYS my favorite.

On a troll note; I would like to add that TF2 and Halo: CE (the original) had the best CTF of all time! Of all time!

slipknot4

Feb 19, 2009
It's not on the ps3... fucking twats... I hate perks and I hate kill streaks... and Capture the Flag...

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I never really liked CTF in MW2, I've enjoyed CTF in the past though, but only in games where your character has can handle more than a few bullets before hitting the deck. Case in point: Unreal Tournament. Due to the fact that you could take at least a little bit of punishment, mad dashes into the enemy bases were a feasible option and you could at least put up a bit of a fight on the way out. Or using jump boots to leap into the bases, grab the flag and quickly jump out again. :)

In MW2, it was just too common to take barely two steps before getting shot down. I won't miss it, but removing CTF does seem like an unusual choice. Still, needs must.....