Modern Warfare 2 Takes Away CTF.

Jayde111

May 2, 2010
I went to play with my friends yesterday and the CTF playlist is gone. They replaced it with Barebones, a killstreakless playlist. You can still play it on different lists, but why did they take away the CTF playlist. Thoughts?

Because people wanted a link I took a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKJo8hNcsU

EDIT: If you're really desperate you can try to get a CTF game on a Team Tactical playlist.

EDIT: Whoa my bad I rushed out typing and said perkless it's actually killstreakless in Barebones.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Maybe they got rid of it because not that many people were playing it? I'm just guessing here.

But a perkless playlist does sound interesting to play.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Thats odd. It seems there were other modes that were was less fun, for me anyways.

lee1287

Apr 7, 2009
because all people did was put lightweight and marathon on and capture the flag. Which is what you're supposed too do.. but, yeah.

Mar 30, 2010
Maybe it was just the least popular game mode, certainly out of the people I know who play MW2 it is. Personally, I was annoyed when they removed the 'Cage Match' game mode. Whenever they bring in a new game mode they swap out an old one to make space for it, and it makes sense that a developer would look at how many people played each type of game and simply chose the one with the least number of hits.

Then again, it's Activision, so maybe they chose the most popular out of sheer spite.

Brokenpidgen

Oct 19, 2008
Its not perkless is got no killstreaks, so its still got all the annoyances of other game types without the reward of a killstreak.

Stupid idea in my eyes

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
Hey everybody! Bobby Kotick here, you may have heard that we'll be charging subscription fees soon, and we will! But to fully express our dominance over you puny mortals, we'll start removing options from the game until EVERYONE is paying for it! Act now, TDM is going next...

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Modern Warfare 2 keeps looking worse and worse to me... some of my fondest memories are of playing Call of Duty: United Offensive (and I'll stop talking about that game when Treyarch makes another game as good as it... not going to happen unless they go back to the old formula) on Capture the Flag. Though one of the things I hate about these modern shooters are perks, so I guess that's nice as well.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
On my PS3 right now as I type, CTF is still here and there is no sign of a playlist called 'Barebones'.

EDIT: There's no source to back this up and google turned up no results, can anyone confirm this?

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
A multiplayer game without a variant on CTF? That's one of the Ten Commandments of Online FPS! It's right next to 'Thou Shalt Not Own A Microphone Lest Ye Be Over 15 Years of Age'.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Ironic Pirate said:
Hey everybody! Bobby Kotick here, you may have heard that we'll be charging subscription fees soon, and we will! But to fully express our dominance over you puny mortals, we'll start removing options from the game until EVERYONE is paying for it! Act now, TDM is going next...
And after that! The sky will fall right on top of your console!

Toycat

Nov 9, 2009
To everyones information:

CTF was the least popular objective based game mode (or so the stats said)

At one point when i was looking through the playlists, sabotage had 2k+ players, demolitoon had 8k, and domination had 6 or 7k, where as CTF was down at 700-800 players

Fun game mode for private match, but not online.