Modern Warfare 2 Trailer Criticized For "Going Too Far"

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
The trailer was great. The concept sounds awesome. The guy criticizing it is an overreacting git.

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
Oh so a village burning in eastern Europe in which women are murdered and raped, and children used as... god i can't even say it it's okay, but god forbid a bullet is fired by an other military force different from the US army on American soil and that's just too far....

Sons'a'bitches like that are the reason the rest of the world sees the US as we see it.... if i were american i'd linch those bloody bastards.....

L4hlborg

Jul 11, 2009
poncho14 said:
What would he say if it was say, London burning or other big european countrys.
Or smaller European country. Or any city at all. People still die. But apparently it doesnt matter as long as they are not American.

And no form of entertainment has never ever blown up American cities at all. I am stunned by the sickness of the developers. They must have serious issues with their life for playing and developing video games.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Malygris said:
The Christian Science Monitor [http://features.csmonitor.com/innovation/2009/10/05/modern-warfare-trailer-does-washington-burning-go-too-far/] [...]
Aaaaaaaand, I stopped caring here.

It's kind of like posing a highly difficult quantum physics problem to a 3rd grade "special needs" class and expecting anything useful to come out of it...

ae86gamer

Mar 10, 2009
The Christian Science Monitor.
Their name alone is reason not to listen to them.

Also, if it was any other place getting attacked they would have no problem with it.
JediMB said:
Personally I'd love to play a game that took place in a post-apocalyptic (or just plain apocalyptic :p) version of my home town.
Oh my gosh! So would I. Thats why I'm waiting for I am Alive [http://iamalivegame.uk.ubi.com/] to be released. Apocalyptic Chicago = Awesome.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
Samuel_of_Saruan said:
And yet it is fine to bomb the hell out of any foreign (Read: Middle-Eastern) country.
Looks like Andrew Heining thinks: It's fine to bomb and destroy other places as long as it isn't his.

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
Samuel_of_Saruan said:
And yet it is fine to bomb the hell out of any foreign (Read: Middle-Eastern) country.
My thoughts exactly.
besides, why are we taking the thoughts of christian science mointor seriously? What do they have to do with this game?

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
So it's alright for mass carnage to take place as long as it's in some shanty town then?

Hypocritical nob head.

Besides, you play as the people defending Washington. Religious idiots like this and people who equate to a Fox News 'reporter' fuck me off so bad.

This nob's both.

j0z

Apr 23, 2009
All of America was in ruins in all of Fallout games, with the player actually in a pretty accurate (post-apocalyptic) Washington DC. I can't tell you how many times I have destroyed America in the Civilization games (I like playing as the Romans and Germans).
Numerous strategy games have conflicts in America, WiC, EndWar, Red Alert, etc.
And besides, would it be a big loss if DC blew up?

ObnoxiousPotatoe

Aug 5, 2009
DVSAurion said:
poncho14 said:
What would he say if it was say, London burning or other big european countrys.
Or smaller European country. Or any city at all. People still die. But apparently it doesnt matter as long as they are not American.
True. He's really overreacting. Hell, I'm German, so I've seen my capital city in ruins often enough. Who cares. Work of fiction and all.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
looks bloody good that trailer

no one ranted about the other COD games, where Berlin, or Stalingrad were being shelled out and fought over, I think Zarhs right, probably is some major screaming red neck patriot

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
Certainly not. The MW2 campaign is looking to be a stellar experience and if that's how they're driving the story so be it. I'll certainly be enjoying it on the 10/11/09; no matter what some over sensitive group says.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
Hmm. Quite an overreaction, methinks. If the developers had put words onscreen during shots of the wreckage that said "We want this to happen NAO," I might sympathize with this man somewhat, but this game's story is purely fictional. Come on.

I wonder what this guy thought of the Statue of Liberty in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Oh no! A game has gone against America's Hollywood-built image on invulnerability!
I don't see this guy complaining about all the games set in South America, Europe, Russia and anywhere else Christian I havn't mentioned.

Woodsey said:
So it's alright for mass carnage to take place as long as it's in some shanty town then?

Hypocritical nob head.
Agreed.

Lordmarkus

Jun 6, 2009
cyber_andyy said:
What about nuking Seattle or Air striking the Statue of liberty in WiC.

Bandwagon much?
Damn, Ninjad. I've lost track how many times I've nuked the Space Needle or the Statue of Liberty.

OT: Going to far? ahh Blasperry. The trailer was amazing and poured more excitement in to my already overfilled expectations bucket.

[small]Though if Activision/IW delayes the PC-version, there will be a lot of unneccesary bloodshed. Grr[/small]

Jim Grim

Jun 6, 2009
Woodsey said:

Hypocritical nob head.
I'd pretty much agree with this. How come everything's hunky dory until beloved America gets it's hair fractured? It's fine to show 'made up' country Iraqistan taking a pummeling from missiles, but as soon as it's in Washington we're all supposed to throw a hissy fit over it?