Modern Warfare 2 Zombies

foxyboy

Mar 21, 2009
I heard that instead of zombies, MW2 was going to have "police mode" but I haven't heard anything about it in a while besides some screen shots of characters in riot gear. Has anyone else heard anything about "police mode" or something like Nazi zombies?

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
Of course not...

There's a mode called Special Operations. It involves 5 (I think) player co-op and are mini-missions said to be "Mile High club" inspired.

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
There is a "Special Ops" mode, sort of like a co-op campaign, but with a different set of missions specifically designed for co-op. It's relatively similar to what Halo ODST is doing.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
MetallicaRulez0 said:
There is a "Special Ops" mode, sort of like a co-op campaign, but with a different set of missions specifically designed for co-op. It's relatively similar to what Halo ODST is doing.
Not really, Halo ODST is just copying Gears of War 2's Horde mode. This is more like GRAW2's co-op mode.

Dioxide20

Aug 11, 2009
D_987 said:
Of course not...

There's a mode called Special Operations. It involves 5 (I think) player co-op and are mini-missions said to be "Mile High club" inspired.
I agree with this guy. Besides, Nazi Zombies was horrible.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
D_987 said:
Of course not...

You know what'd be awesome? Scattered aerial drop. You need to meet up and help eachother as soon as possible, work to achieve your objective with whatever remains of the originally dropped team, and then evacuate.

I think that'd be simply amazing if set at night in a hostile city. You're all alone and need to keep your wits about you as you move to the predetermined meeting point. Others may converge on your path (Make it a longish hike.) and could assist you- or leave you for dead. Teamwork is priority, though. Once regrouped, you can go a little more gung-ho, and storm/destroy/deactivate/steal/infiltrate whatever your objective. Then fight your way out through seemingly numberless foes in an epic 'get to da choppah' sequence.

Hey, Activision, reading this? I want £10 if this is in your game!

Apr 14, 2009
Danny Ocean said:
D_987 said:
Of course not...

You know what'd be awesome? Scattered aerial drop. You need to meet up and help eachother as soon as possible, work to achieve your objective with whatever remains of the originally dropped team, and then evacuate.

I think that'd be simply amazing if set at night in a hostile city. You're all alone and need to keep your wits about you as you move to the predetermined meeting point. Others may converge on your path (Make it a longish hike.) and could assist you- or leave you for dead. Teamwork is priority, though. Once regrouped, you can go a little more gung-ho, and storm/destroy/deactivate/steal/infiltrate whatever your objective. Then fight your way out through seemingly numberless foes in an epic 'get to da choppah' sequence.

Well, if it doesnt HAVE to be Call of Duty I suggest [link]http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/[/link] It is set in WWII, but you can paradrop behind enemy lines and do what you explained, it's pretty cool.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
Danny Ocean said:
D_987 said:
Of course not...

That sounds good. like REALLY good. Lets make a game about that.

KiLl_RoY

Jul 11, 2009

wow... i just thought about it and it would be AWESOME!
but what would happen if you got killed? would you stay in spectator mode for all the round?

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
flip7406 said:
Well, if it doesnt HAVE to be Call of Duty I suggest [link]http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/[/link] It is set in WWII, but you can paradrop behind enemy lines and do what you explained, it's pretty cool.
I'm not in to the whole WWII time period. Modern Warfare has always appealed more to me. Maybe the prospect that this could be happening in my house makes it more exciting.

KiLl_RoY said:
wow... i just thought about it and it would be AWESOME!
but what would happen if you got killed? would you stay in spectator mode for all the round?
You cooould... become one of the opposition? Actually, no, that'd make it too hard for the infiltrators.

Say the infiltrators get air support, you could be the guy manning the gun/piloting the uav/highlighting the enemies/guiding the team/whatever. Take on a more supporting role that is normally taken for granted and entrusted to AI. A mini-game could be incorporated for each role. Or perhaps something like the commander screen in the Battlefield PC games. When they call for support, you deliver it.

If more than one of you dies, then you simply work together to help the survivors. If only one man is left, then all possible support roles are covered by a separate guy, making it more responsive and effective. Ensure that points and rewards are awarded for supporting players so people don't just quit when they die.

Make sure that everyone always has something to do that keeps them on the edge of their seat. Perhaps aircraft will circle overhead with a variety of weapons available. Each has say three (Machine Gun, Wire/Laser-pointer guided missiles, And spotter) roles fillable. Spotting works as in battlefield, making enemies that might otherwise not be detected show up on the infiltrator's mini-map for a few seconds. The first two abilities take time to recharge. When one person mans it, he'll be switching back and forth between them.