Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Every Sales Record Known to Man

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
The Cheezy One said:
I liked it. People buy it and enjoy it. Accept these things and stop being stuck up. Shooting people in a plane that is in freefall, giving the illusion of no gravity, is an experience I do not have often.

Now, tell me I am wrong about my own opinion.
This, I'm looking forward to playing MW3 when one of my brothers gets it for X-mas, calling people idiots for buying a game you don't like is simply elitist and egocentric. It's not the best or most innovative game in the world but it's good for some quick simple fun for when I want to take a break from longer games such as Skyrim :p

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
The sales numbers I'm actually curious about would be the ones for the PC. I know a long time Call of Duty player that decided to opt out due to the series taking a step back from its Black Ops iteration and deciding not to have dedicated servers.

Raika

Jul 31, 2011
sravankb said:
Tim - "What? Other people like games that I don't?"

Jim - "You know what we should do? We should encourage more players to check out some of our favorite games. It's possible that they haven't tried them out and they might actually enjoy some of them".

Tim - "Shut up Jim; that's a terrible idea. What we should do instead is constantly make topics and posts that express how much better we are at life for liking the games that we do. These posts will definitely make them want to play the titles that us snobs and hipsters do. And heck, telling them that they're stupid for liking MW3 will surely make them see the point".

And then Tim proceeded to make #32455652343rd "Let's bash CoD and Halo" topic on the Escapist.
You beat me to it.

If you talk a bunch of shit about Call of Duty, you are not unique, you are not contrarian, you are not individualistic, and you are not cool, no matter what your friends on your Shin Megami Tensei fanfiction board on FreeForums tell you. You are pure, polished lowest common denominator. You are the target audience of Repo!: The Genetic Opera.

...wow, that was scathing. I guess all the "Am I the only one who hates Call of Duty? threads polluting every forum everywhere ever are actually starting to irritate me a little bit. I'd best say something nice to achieve a sense of karmic balance.

Nier is very, very good. I really think you, the reader, should play it.

Vault boy Eddie

Feb 18, 2009
I played this game on my friend's 55 inch samsung with 1080 120hz, the whole 9 yards, and the game looked blurry and horrible. How are people going apeshit over a game that doesn't even look as good as last year's game? I get how playing it with friends can be fun, but was it worth paying 60 bucks after the 120 from Blops?

NicoDK

Sep 21, 2009
So i suspect we can expect another expansion pack next year around this time?

Kingme18

Destroyer of Worlds
Mar 26, 2011
I'm not surprised, but I would say I'm slightly disappointed. But hey, everyone likes their own stuff, and I guess a ton of people like crazy cinematic explosions and addicitve multiplayer. I'm tired of the multiplayer on COD but only because I've played every game since Big Red One. So me saying I'm tired of the games is because I've played what... 8 of them? To each his own, I guess.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Oh Escapist, you never fail to disappoint me when it comes to people getting angry at the mere mention of Call of Duty :p

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
It isn't really surprising. The majority of gamers like Call of Duty. I would have been actually surprised if it DIDN'T sell that well.

teqrevisited

Mar 17, 2010
All that money and they can't provide free stat tracking. Or proper dedicated servers. I'm not going to mock people who like playing it, but Activision deserves all the shit they get flung at them.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Vankraken said:
Hmm if they can make 700+ million at launch every year re-releasing the same game...... what if they instead do the same every 6 months.... and have 2 15 dollar DLC packs with 2-4 map each and reuse map elements or just completely reuse maps from the previous releases.... and have new DLC camo skins at 10 dollars each...... and peripherals, gotta have peripherals. So much money to be made.
This is a great idea actually . You should email them a letter telling them to do this. With you infaillable logic , they will certainly do it .

Then in 1 year , everyone that likes CoD will be sick of it and the series will die . Just as planned!

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
I'm going to go boot up my SNES emulator and hide away in the 90's for a few more years. Call me out once we get some fun original games? kthnxbai

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Well up to date i had never played any of the uber hyped CoD games. MW3 changed that. Honestly i was wondering between BF3 and MW3 since i wanted to try out the new shoter genre and see whats what.
But after everybody spit on BF3`s singleplayer and then the Origins complains came about the service leeching personal info from your PC i thought...oh well...MW3 it is.

So at the end of the day i guess i helped for that record. Not to mention i pre-ordered the game on steam so i can get MW1!
I mean the franchise was so hyped for so long...its bound to attract people like me who will eventualyl get curious. And so far im loving MW1 :D

Realistic enough cool visuals and set pieces. GREAT for casual fun. If MW3 is best of the series ill be very happy next week when i play it :D

Eccentric_Jon

Jun 20, 2010
I am happy to say I contributed. Along with Skyrim & Uncharted 3, I bought Mw3 at launch, and don't regret it at all.
I've yet to go online, but campaign on veteran was fun, albeit a bit short (par for the course), and the spec ops are also good, as expected.
What I didn't count on was getting so addicted to the survival (horde) mode. 16 well designed maps to survive waves of enemies on.

Sordin

Aug 5, 2011
Yay now the cycle of releasing boring brown uninspired shooters will skyrocket.

sinn3r

Apr 23, 2011
Michael Hirst said:
I'm going to go boot up my SNES emulator and hide away in the 90's for a few more years. Call me out once we get some fun original games? kthnxbai
Sorry, but Perfect Dark was released 2000 (and PD Zero in 2005) for the N64, so keep on hiding 'til then. ;)