Modern Warfare 3 Discussion (HATERS NOT WELCOME!)

REPTILE 0009

Sep 26, 2010
Seeing as Modern Warfare 3 is coming out in a couple months, I can't wait to get my hands on it. All the innovations and new features they're adding to the multiplayer really makes me excited to play. The weapon selection, to me, seems like the perfect blend between the guns we know and love making a return, and adding some new, oddball guns to the mix. I'm looking forward to trying out the new Type-95.

Unfortunately, there still seems to be a ton of haters, mostly on this site, and the game hasn't even been out yet. It does not matter what MW3 does. Even if it cures cancer, and solves the world hunger problem, these people would still hate the game's guts. And for what? Because it "looks" like MW2 graphics wise? Well, I guess, but remember, it's the gameplay that counts. The fact that it looks like it's predecessor, gives the developers more time focus on the gameplay.

Anyway, so what new features and innovations are you, the decent people on this thread, looking forward to in MW3? And please, no haters.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Actually I believe most of the "hating" comes from the fact that Infinity Ward/Activision/Whoevermakesthoseabominations can shit out one of these games every year or so and it sells better than any other game that's actually interesting.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I'm looking forward to seeing how PC gamers react to the olive branch that IW seems to be sending them with stuff like LAN support and dedicated servers being implemented. Also, not needing to launch the game through a website will win them points over Battlefield 3, but it isn't a contest.

Yet.

Aug 1, 2010
I only disliked MW2 and BO because of the balance issues and I am looking very forward to see if they can find a way to make Call of Duty balanced again.

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
I stopped playing Call of Duty after 4.

I'm disappointed at Infinity Ward for sticking to the same guaranteed money making formula, although I can't blame them. They probably have kids to feed.

What exactly is different about this new Call of Duty? Could someone tell me? What changes have been made, and why should I buy it?

Soviet Steve

May 23, 2009
REPTILE 0009 said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
Actually I believe most of the "hating" comes from the fact that Infinity Ward/Activision/Whoevermakesthoseabominations can shit out one of these games every year or so and it sells better than any other game that's actually interesting.
Hey, what did I say about haters on this thread?
TLDR

Also I'm not that excited for MW3, all the games since CoD4 has been a clone of the predecessor with ever-worsening plots.

Incidentally wouldn't it be silly if someone made a thread entirely centered around debating opinions, and then requested that only opinions that agreed with his posts were allowed? It's silly, I know, but there'd be no discussion value and they'd have to shut everything down.

EDIT: Also the title merely states that people with opinions differing from yours aren't welcome, it does not say 'not allowed', which clearly implicates that such posts are still permitted by the OP even if you do not condone them.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Istvan said:
REPTILE 0009 said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
TLDR

Also I'm not that excited for MW3, all the games since CoD4 has been a clone of the predecessor with ever-worsening plots.

Incidentally wouldn't it be silly if someone made a thread entirely centered around debating opinions, and then requested that only opinions that agreed with his posts were allowed? It's silly, I know, but there'd be no discussion value and they'd have to shut everything down.
That would be silly, luckily that's not what we have here. He wasn't asking for a debate. He wanted people to talk about what new stuff they were looking forward to.

REPTILE 0009

Sep 26, 2010
Istvan said:
REPTILE 0009 said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
TLDR

Really? I simply asked people want features they were looking forward to in MW3. And I didn't spark a debate, I simply pointed out that alot of people on this site hate MW3, even though it has yet to come out.
P.S. I'd say that an ever worsening plot, is at least better than no plot (I'm looking at you Super Mario Galaxy 2).

TheEldestScroll

Feb 20, 2011
i am not particularly excited for MW3.
i will probably still buy it when the price drops just so i can do the campaign because the campaigns are always well done.
thats not to say i'm excited for Battlefield 3 either. same goes for that game. i just don't like competitive multiplayer shooters, and i never have. i just like the campaigns.

Edit: i sort of like uncharted 2's competitive multiplayer, but i still rarely play it.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Istvan said:
REPTILE 0009 said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:
TLDR

That's the thing, he doesn't want to discuss if people think it's going to be good, he wants to discuss with people who are excited about the game about what they're excited about. There are about 100 different threads on the Escapist already arguing whether people think it's going to be good or not.

Anyway, I haven't seen too much on it (I try to avoid it so that I get more surprises) but the attitude that I heard the developer have on kill-streaks. They should be support players, not just be flying death machines that give your team a free double digit kill amount.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
I think, that MW3 is going to be the swansong of the franchise, with all it's laserguns and aliens invading New York. Not that I think the plot is uncreative, but it's time to put CoD to a greener pastures and focus on something else, perhaps a Farmville-copycat. That would bring something new to the soup!

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Definitely survival. I'm not a big fan of MW2, and I love zombies. Some of the killstreaks are a bit ridiculous from what I've heard. Killstreaks should stay under 20 kills in my opinion. Hopefully no tactical nuke or some bullshit game-ending killstreak. It only encourages campers and cheap tactics

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
I... I will say it (and have said it before) that I am looking forward to the campaign. I am apparently the only one that just plays this for sheer fun. Not for the grind and 2 second lag of the multiplayer, but for the set piece parts of the campaign.
...and maybe that survival mode will be fun if I can wrangle up a couple friends to play it with me.

inFAMOUSCowZ

Jul 12, 2010
While I wouldn't say innovative, it will be fun. Not worth the $60 though. A short single player and mulitplayer that we have played many times. CoD is a great series, it just better watch out before we are burnt out of it.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
REPTILE 0009 said:
Dude, including in your thread title "HATERS NOT WELCOME" is practically a neon sign saying "Hey everybody! Let's start a flame war!" My advice, remove it from the thread title and save your sanity.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I don't care for Call of Duty. I rented MW2 and enjoyed it and I also plan on grabbing the original MW since I haven't even touched it. Not for a lack of interest though just...I dunno, I've been engaged in other games.

Anyway, I actually am looking forward to the third installment of the MW sub-franchise...spin-off series. Anyway, I don't know what it is...I liked all of the teaser trailers and can't wait to get into it. I'll be avoiding multiplayer as I always do but after the back-to-back-back-stabbing fest of MW2 I can't wait to see how MW3 can top it. Also, I'm really curious to see if space combat makes it's way into this one (though I doubt there'll be any). Also, I can't wait to see how many times I'll get backstabbed in this one!

Bambi On Toast

Sep 9, 2011
I don't really count adding new weapons as innovation. I haven't research this new CoD because, frankly, I saw the trailer and immediately decided I wasn't interested. I judge a lot of games based on first impressions, and I just thought this looked like more of the same. Could you list some of these new "features and innovations"?

I haven't completely lost faith in the Call of Duty series yet, though. This Modern Warfare series has reached a dead end now. It will still get good scores across all the mainstream sites and be consumed by the casual gamer masses, but it isn't going anywhere.

Personally, I'd love to see a CoD project from Infinity Ward set back in WWII again. Call of Duty 2 blew everyone away when it came out in the first wave of Xbox 360 games. I think enough time has passed for them to have another crack at it, using their expanded multiplayer features and a more original single player campaign. I wouldn't want to see Normandy beach or anything though, I think we're all tired of that.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
Bambi On Toast said:
I stopped playing Call of Duty after 4.

I'm disappointed at Infinity Ward for sticking to the same guaranteed money making formula, although I can't blame them. They probably have kids to feed.

What exactly is different about this new Call of Duty? Could someone tell me? What changes have been made, and why should I buy it?
Aside from the obvious new guns and campaign, they completely rebalanced killstreaks. Hopefully this should help stop all the overpowered class builds that people come up with. Spec-ops is back, and they also added a survival mode that seems like Gears's Horde, only on steroids.

OT: I just want to be able to use an L85A2 in a CoD game. I love that gun.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
Aleate said:
I... I will say it (and have said it before) that I am looking forward to the campaign. I am apparently the only one that just plays this for sheer fun. Not for the grind and 2 second lag of the multiplayer, but for the set piece parts of the campaign.
...and maybe that survival mode will be fun if I can wrangle up a couple friends to play it with me.
Yes! Finally someone else who plays the CoD campaign-- just because it's good!