Modern Warfare 3 Gets Cozy With Mountain Dew

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Modern Warfare 3 Gets Cozy With Mountain Dew

Sugary drinks can be good for you. Well, they can be good for your Modern Warfare 3 rank, anyway.

The next installment of the Call of Duty series now has an official drink: Mountain Dew Game Fuel. That's not the only good news for fans of videogame-themed beverages either; the folks over at Mountain Dew have created a brand new, limited edition flavor as well.

Besides the "classic" citrus cherry flavor, the Modern Warfare 3 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00503E8S2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=093VKWKXRGZPE4B04M1X&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846 ] range includes a "tropical" flavor, which presumably tastes like mango or passion fruit or something. Mountain Dew will also offer promotional codes that grant double XP in the game's multiplayer. If the idea of double XP sounds good, but quaffing copious quantities of sugary drinks doesn't, you can also find the codes in packs of Doritos, which, while still not an especially healthy option, won't rot your teeth out of your head.

Mountain Dew Game Fuel debuted as an actual brand back in 2007, as a promotion tie-in for Halo 3. The brand then took a nap for a couple of years until the release of World of Warcraft branded drinks in 2009. This time there was were flavors available: Horde Red and Alliance Blue, or citrus cherry and wild fruit, respectively. Our own Earnest Cavalli, who got the dubious honor of reviewing the drinks [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93414-Two-Tin-Cans-One-Marketing-Stunt], said that the WoW range was "at best, an enjoyable diversion, and at worst, [not] entirely offensive."

The Modern Warfare 3 Game Fuel launches in October. Modern Warfare 3 itself comes out for PC, PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 on November 8th.

Source: One of Swords [http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/mountain-dew-creates-a-new-flavor-for-mw3]

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I love when Mountain Dew does this! I just wish they wouldn't take away these great flavors so quickly after introducing them. Pitch Black is my favorite one they've ever done and it's already gone again. I love Livewire too but it's getting really hard to find.

Can't wait to try these two new flavors though!

Void Droid

Oct 6, 2010
So basically I'm at a disadvantage in multiplayer (if I bother to borrow the game) just because it's almost impossible for me to find Mountain Dew in my city? Fuck off.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
Is this available in the UK?
I basically never find Mountain Dew but Doritos are a different story...

Najarana

Aug 16, 2008
Starchy snacks like chips and doritos are actually more harmful to your teeth than soft drinks.
Apperantly becaause it sticks to your teeth and gnaws at em.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
As if the CoD multiplayer wasn't already unbalanced enough, now people will be at an even bigger disadvantage just because they either don't or can't get Mountain Dew or Doritos. Yay!

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
Gaming Glasses
Kanye West
And now Mountain Dew.

Dont promote the game with actual gameplay footage no thatd be far too good for the customer.
Lets make them buy juice.

siffty

Jul 12, 2009
Calico93 said:
Gaming Glasses
Kanye West
And now Mountain Dew.

Dont promote the game with actual gameplay footage no thatd be far too good for the customer.
Lets make them buy juice.
Apart from the 1st two marketing stunts this seems more reasonable and who knows they might have hid a secret URL to gameplay footage

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
Ahhh I remember how much I loved game fuel when it existed for Halo 3.

But the one tropical mtn dew they had once wasn't good...
and niether was the other flavor mtn dew they released with WoW.

ruben6f

Mar 8, 2011
I don't see how this is unbalanced, just because someone levels up faster doesn't mean you will loose, I started playing MW2 a few months ago and I can destroy, and Black Ops has double XP weekends so if you miss it will you say the game is unbalanced and sell it?

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
Hold on you guys in the states get mountain due that isn't the (awesome) lemone and lime flavoured energy drink. not fair. OT this still won't make me get MW3

Spambot 3000

Aug 8, 2011
Why couldn't they just do this, but with apples? People need to eat more apples.
Or just fruit, in general.

ToxicPiranah

Nov 5, 2009
Rhymenoceros said:
Is this available in the UK?
I basically never find Mountain Dew but Doritos are a different story...
Just the energy drink variant we have, unless you get it off the net from the a american food supplier. Pain in the ass as I love the Dew!