Modern Warfare 3 Getting Dedicated Anti-Cheating Teams

Jun 11, 2008
Khravv said:
Going back to dedicated servers will help a lot, then server owners will not only be able to boot offenders (as mentioned in the post) but also be able add their own anti-cheat software. I remember back playing CoD4, our server had a really good anti-cheat system.
Is it a hammer?

OT: Anyway this should help to stop hackers but only thing that will really stop hackers is the banhammer or scythe wielded by a server admin. CoD 4 isn't too bad with hackers but CoD 2 is pretty shocking. Personally, the exp hacks aren't a big deal it is just an unnecessary grind and when others do it it does not ruin my experience of the game. The other hacks however, do ruin the experience. Stuff like Aimbotting and wallhacks do ruin the game for other people along with the menagerie of other hacks I could list.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
"While it's not deliberately designed to do so, returning to dedicated servers will also go a long way to keeping cheaters out of people's games. Having a dedicated server won't stop cheating directly, but it will allow admins to boot the offending player out of the game and let everyone else have their fun."

I found that amusing. They cut corners in the past and it led to a boatload of cheating and now they want to charge for a service that doesn't let any random host lag switch (console) or flood/kick/or hack (pc) his way to victory. Nice. It wont stop cheating but maybe it'll stop random quitters that hold up the match while the game tries to find a new host...

Sucal said:
Not to mention if its a cheat server or similar, where the guy hosting it is the hacker/cheat.
Preventing PC cheating is nearly impossible. Console gaming was supposed to help prevent cheating on the magnitude we've see on PC by leveling the playing field. That only goes so far though, especially when the dev and publisher refuse to support their titles.

I still believe the entire PS3 source code/Geohot debacle came down to allowing cheaters to have full access to the console which would have led to PC type cheating on the PS3. That would destroy multiplayer gaming on the PS3 so SONY took actions. So the little hackerbois rolled up their high waters and threw a fit while claiming they had some higher purpose to their shitting on everyone else's good time.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
This is fantastic! th pc version was ruined by cheaters and not having dedicated servers. ^^

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
Well that's one problem down, maybe they can also get to work on fixing bugs and exploits that ruin the game, I'm sick of every new COD creating walls/blocks people can crawl into and be damn near invincible, it's one of many reasons I stopped buying the games.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
I'm still wondering if it'll stop cheating entirely.

If there's an online community, no matter how good the security is, SOMEONE'S gonna figure out how to get away with cheating or hacking in some way, shape, or form.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I'm not opposed to cheating in games so long as everyone involved is on board with it. If cheating is done on an official server, no go. But a special server for dicking around with cheats and just having fun, that's perfectly acceptable. :D

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Pfft...you can stop me from cheating in MW3 but good luck keeping me from cheating in Call of Duty 3.

Joking aside, sounds good to me. Being a console player though, I haven't encountered...ANY cheaters that I can remember using an actual cheat while playing a game online. The only time I remember anyone cheating online was while I played...was it Team Fortress one? I dunno, I just remember being a pyro and hitting a guy with fire for a full minute with nothing happening to him.

I miss cheats...I'm getting an action replay next check and catching em' all.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
That won't help, not while noob tubing and quick scoping along with the 90 OTHER broken mechanics still exist.

Jailbird408

Jan 19, 2011
Wait, this game is coming out for the Wii same time as the other editions?
*checks Wikipedia* This fact is yet to be confirmed. Faulty report!

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
Random spot checks by these teams will make people more cautious about cheating, but it isn't going to stop people.