Mojang and Friends Deliver Nine Fresh Games

Cognimancer

Imperial Intelligence
Jun 13, 2012
Mojang and Friends Deliver Nine Fresh Games

Pay what you want for an amusingly bizarre collection of indie games created in just a weekend.

The Humble Bundle Mojam 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/122255-Humble-Bundle-Mojam-2-Livestreams-the-Excitement] has concluded, and for a handful of indie developers, it's been a busy three days. Minecraft developer Mojang invited five other indie studios to create games based on themes chosen by fans, all in the span of 78 hours. They've somehow pulled it off, and now you can check out the fruits of their madness in traditional Humble Bundle style: pay what you want and get all nine games.

[gallery=1065]

Those with a talent for math may have noticed that nine games from six studios is an unexpectedly high turnout. Mojang split its staff into three official teams for the event, but it seems three games in as many days just wasn't good enough for the Swedish developer: a secret fourth team submitted a surprise entry as well. Mojang's teams mostly wound up with "nuclear" themes: their entries were titled Nuclear Pizza War, Endless Nuclear Kittens, Battle Frogs, and Nuke the Dinosaurs Blueprint Prototype. The other games in the bundle include Tektonic from Grapefrukt, Space Hunk from Ludosity, 3918 from Oxeye Game Studio, Wasteland Kings from Vlambeer, and Low-light from Wolfire Games.

Though the event is officially over, there's still time to donate. All proceeds from the Humble Bundle Mojam 2 are split between your choice of two charities: the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Block by Block. Donations will be accepted until March 2, but after that it may be difficult to get your hands on these projects unless their respective teams decide to take them further (which seems to be the case with Nuke the Dinosaurs, as it's still a work in progress). As of now the jam has raised over $471,000 for charity, and that number is sure to rise until the deal ends on Saturday. The games themselves will be available to download from humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com/] "in the near future": which probably translates to whenever Mojang can put its office (and its employees) back together.

Source: Mojang [http://www.humblebundle.com/]

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
SOMEONE DONATED $100,000.

WAT.

OT: It looks interesting, but I'm running pathetically low on funds right now, but I refuse to pay less than nine bucks for nine games and I simply cannot afford it.

webkilla

Feb 2, 2011
Wait, so how does this work? You donate... then what? Does that give you access to the games? It doesn't clearly state how this works.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
webkilla said:
Wait, so how does this work? You donate... then what? Does that give you access to the games? It doesn't clearly state how this works.
Pay what you want for an amusingly bizarre collection of indie games created in just a weekend.
Opening sentence of the article tells you all the answers. This is the same as all Humble Bundles. You pay an amount of your choice, you decide where that money will end up, then you get download codes or links for all the games in the bundle.

I hope this clears things up.

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
TheKasp said:
What I didn't get the last time they did that...

Why should I pay for games that had less development time than I spend on my homework assignments each week and are most probably as deep and detailed as free Android games?
Um... because it's for charity?

mindlesspuppet

Jun 16, 2004
TheKasp said:
mindlesspuppet said:
Um... because it's for charity?
So unlike the other bundles (where I also got at least a certain degree of quality) my only incentive to pay for it is charity. I really don't see any reason to pay in that. I don't want to either support developers nor a bundle that provides games that took less than 3 days to create.

But sorry that I assumed that games were as much part of the Humble Bundle as charity...
The Humble Mojam Bundle is the only bundle where all the money goes to charity, none goes to the developers. It's a charity benefit in similar vain to Desert Bus. The live streams are pretty amusing if you donate during the Jam to watch them. You clearly have some difficulty understanding the whole concept of charity.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
What game is the fifth screenshot from? The sailor scout with the gun shooting the giant frog?