Mojang, Square Enix, EA and Others Sued For Patent Infringement

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Sweet! I think we found ourselves this year's Tim Langdell!

Let the hatred flow through you, Escapist.

Melnordan

Mar 18, 2010
Ok so here is a quote from the linked article:

"You can really live well on $10-15 million in assets," he said.

"You should set your lifestyle around something that's reasonable and then treat the rest of it for what it really is, which is a business success score."

Now if that is true then this prick should just shut the doors on his company, Retire, and forget all about anything ever "made". He has all the money he needs now go take a long walk off a short cliff and get lost. The only reason he continues to do this crap is PURE GREED!! Gluttony is a sin there Van boy.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
So, this guy sues a videogame (with the wrong name) for being a security device. I'm pretty sure these things existed before the guy was even born.

This might possibly be one of those big lawsuits for the history books that might actually make something change. Or, it might be another miniscule case like when the Zorro company sued Mars for having the red M&M wear merely a simple black mask.

Oddly enough, this totally reminds me of a situation where someone was sneaking Minecraft into my old high school, and the teacher kept calling it "Mindcraft".

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
uncanny474 said:
The man spends tens of thousands of dollars on the INDIE BUNDLES. I don't even WANT to know what he'll do with the rest of Mojang backing him on a legal issue.
Go bankrupt, from the sound of your description re: how he spends money?

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
Hmm, I see the fanboys are out in force. People: calling for someone's death is not an appropriate response to an intellectual property law suit.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
(Facepalm) *SIGH* Some people just don't learn, do they? I'm getting so sick and tired of copyright debates...

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Is there a way that Notch can just castrate him judicially? Like a counter-suit for being an epic douche-tard?

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Brett Bowling said:
There is going to be one heck of a Quake match to settle this
oicu812

This fat bastard needs to be put in his place. Go on, Notch, drain this bloated parasite of all his money and make him bankrupt.

Skratt

Dec 20, 2008
I for one welcome patent lawyer trolls. Maybe this is how we get patent and copyright laws reformed or abolished for software and methods.

mooncalf

<Insert Avatar Here>
Jul 3, 2008
Patent trolls wouldn't be such a problem if they fixed patent law to stop protecting things unrealised by their supposed owners.

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
That guy may be rich as hell, but he's still an asshole and a drain on society. The most annoying part is how he is on a high horse and acts like he has the ethical high ground.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, if there is one thing we know EA has some talent for, it's throwing IP trolls in front of a bus. Ask Tim "Edgy McEdgerson" Langdell.