Molyneux Calls Himself A "Talentless Bastard"

yoyo13rom

Oct 19, 2009
He certainly is the kind of person we all love because we "hate".
I consider that his insane-goofy personality makes him more loveable(not a better game designer) but certainly more loveable. <3

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
j-e-f-f-e-r-s said:
He wants to simplify Fable? Good luck...

EDIT

Obvious jokes aside, I do respect the man, all broken promises aside. In interviews he always comes across as someone who really really loves his job and wants to make the most of it. I'd rather have more developers like him than the corporate bandwagoners who seem to make up the majority of the industry.
Same here, I do give the man credit for really liking his job and trying to make the most of them. Granted he sometimes promises too much but frak atleast he's trying to make and effort.

revjay

Everybody's dead, Dave.
Nov 19, 2007
I've bought every game he's been behind, even got the special edition of fable 2 and yeah I'm going to get fable 3 but it's not going to be a release date buy or special. It's kind of sad, I used to see the Molyneux name and I'd be excited for the product, after fable 2? Yeah not so much.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Oh so when HE says it it's news, we've been saying it with years.

Overcomplicated? YOUR MISSING THE POINT PETEY!

The Undoer

Sep 13, 2009
Wait... Wait... Wait... Fable III is inspired by Coronation Street? Not buying that game, just gonna be some Londoners arguing over who's kid it is in a pub.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
I dont' have a problem with Molyneaux. He's passionate and wants to make a good product.

He'll never, and no one else will, appease EVERYONE.

"Oversimplification; more people use it" Hmm, well, duh. Sounds like he just wants the Peen that comes with selling a shitload and getting rich.

Velocirapture07

Jan 19, 2009
Simplified!? How the hell was Fable 2 and 1 not simple enough. It's the most straigt forward game I've ever played.

Try on TES:Morrowind if you want a confusing and difficult game. It's also a much BETTER game than Fable 2 at least.

I don't understand why it's such a great idea to start going in the opposite direction. Video games aren't supposed to be blindingly simple, they're supposed to be slightly difficult and have a learning curve. That's what makes it fun

This "accessible" and "kid friendly" Wii bullshit is ridiculous.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Dark Templar said:
John Funk said:
The full interview with Peter Molyneux is a very fascinating read [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235704] in which he divulges that Fable III was inspired by things like UK soap opera Coronation Street and US President Barack Obama.

Oh dear.

I don't even....what?

He is still crazy I see.
'Still?'

OT: I just hope Fable III isn't oversimplified. And for the love of God, smooth out the difficulty on Fable III! Fable II was trivially easy and it never really felt like any of the enemies posed a threat. It was relaxing, but it wasn't as fun as it could have been.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Wait, he thinks that because certain features weren't used, it's because they were complicated?

Not that they were useless or sucked?

Now, I agree with the bastard part, but I don't think he's talentless. He wouldn't have gotten to where he is by not having the talent to make games(and for those who will disagree...what games have YOU made?), he just makes....mediocre games. Fable and Fable 2 were fine, but not worth the hype and certainly not complicated.

metalhead467

Aug 16, 2009
D'awwwww, now I feel bad for him!

Seriously though, I wouldn't call him a talentless bastard, but he does need to learn to keep his big fat mouth shut about his games.

hansari

May 31, 2009
John Funk said:
The Touch System and the Follower System, on the other hand, should be more organic and understandable: "[Y]ou suddenly turn around and go: 'Of course, now it fits in. Now it's part of the game. Now there are the reasons for me to do that and a consequence to me doing that.'"
People are gonna abuse the touch system for virtual groping of village women :p

I called it first...