Molyneux Says Americans Find it Harder to Be Evil

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Mrsnugglesworth said:
It may be right.

Out of all my friends, I was the only truely "Evil" guy.

I ran around killing villagers and guardsman and I gave people to the slave trade.

My brother actually scolded me because I killed villagers for no reason.
He clearly hadn't enjoyed a level 5 Area of Effect Fire spell in the centre of the main town after luring a crowd with your sweet lute playing.

Because goddamn that was fun.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
MaxTheReaper said:
lwm3398 said:
And he even created Black and White! A game in which being evil is the only fun choice!
"We need more food!"
"You mean you can't subsist on fireballs? I have been grossly misled!"
"Well, then, have some earthquakes!"

I actually just ordered Black and White 2 two days ago, so I still haven't played it. I really hope it's as good as I've heard.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Commander Breetai said:
Let me put it this way: Grand Theft Auto not having children makes me sad.

Kids would be more fun to kill.
Pfff, children? I want kittens, gasoline, and flame-throwers!

Oh, and while your at it, I'll take a WWII tiger and a coupla full-to-bursting orphanages. We'll show Molyneux who's not evil.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Two Words

The Sims

Who here hasn't tortured someone?
Me.

I got sick of the work, sleep thing, and I just couldn't freaking do it anymore.

I tried.

I failed.

I hate that game so fucking much.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Though I will admit, I find it easier to be a dick in real life than I do in game.
I'm not sure why.
Because it's way more satisfying in real life.

OT: Really he finds it harder? Give me a moment...
Starts up FO3
Shoots friendly in the head with a combat shotgun

Nope that was just as fun as doing it to a non friendly, and slightly more satisfying.
Once again Molyneux you earn my distrust.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
Since when should we trust anything Molyneux says? It's like listening to a pedantic Al Gore.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Lissa-QUON said:
Ok, where did he get this? He obviously hasn't seen anyone play the Sims for any extended period of time.

Personally if we're going to be really geeky about this I tend to be chaotic neutral. In games I'll steal anything that isn't nailed down and destroy any obstacle that gets in my way, but never had the deep down desire to go kill small children and make necklaces out of the skulls of puppies or anything.
Bolded is the part that I fixed.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
GloatingSwine said:
More likely, the evil choices in recent Peter Molyneux games have been unattractive weaksauce evil which has paltry rewards and significant penalties.

That's why I usually don't do the "evil" path in videogames, because it's usually shit.
This.

I hate it when they say. "Be Good! [small]pussy[/small] Be Neutral! [small]Indecisive prick.[/small] Be Evil! [small]Have fun. By that, we mean have fun getting screwed over by the penalties, bitches![/small]"

It's between having absolutely no fun by being a hippy, having gigantic difficulties because you get quests from two sides, or having extreme fun. except you can't have fun because evil is bad so you get shit from us.

Deadpool062

Jul 9, 2008
I like being evil in games that reward you for it. In Fable and/or Fable 2 you look like stephen, *ahem* susan boyle if your evil, in infamous you get cooler clothes and red lightning, thats cooler, insanely cooler...games like infamous arent always really good but at least it doesent penalize you for slaughtering millions of people, not like i would do that in real life but thats the point of video games isnt it? to do something you cant do in real life...thats what i think anyway

Laxman9292

Feb 6, 2009
Evil Jak said:
This cant be true... has he been engaged in conversation with a Republican American on CoD4? They say some pretty evil things, I mean come on! Who whispers "I am gonna rape you, oh I'm gonna rape you!" down the mic? Thats just disturbing.
republican? american? shit why bother. just say have you heard what anyone says on call of duty. i find it hard to believe that you make a point of asking your raper if he is american or a republican.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Laxman9292 said:
Evil Jak said:
This cant be true... has he been engaged in conversation with a Republican American on CoD4? They say some pretty evil things, I mean come on! Who whispers "I am gonna rape you, oh I'm gonna rape you!" down the mic? Thats just disturbing.
republican? american? shit why bother. just say have you heard what anyone says on call of duty. i find it hard to believe that you make a point of asking your raper if he is american or a republican.
He had a deep south American accent and held racist views regarding their President... Republican American. And I didnt say he said those things to me, it was in game discussion. He was talking to all of the guys who kept hunting him down because of his ignorant statements.

the jellyman

Jul 24, 2008
If 10 percent of the people on these forums who have EVER played Fallout are american, then that may be correct. Otherwise no.

I read one guy who was talking about killing the same woman over and over again. Nasty.

lwm3398

Apr 15, 2009
Evil Jak said:
Laxman9292 said:
Evil Jak said:
He had a deep south American accent and held racist views regarding their President... Republican American. And I didnt say he said those things to me, it was in game discussion. He was talking to all of the guys who kept hunting him down because of his ignorant statements.
What would him having an accent from South America have to do with him being Republican?

Kidding. And I did not know you could get raped in Call of Duty. And why would that even be a feature?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Two Words

The Sims

Who here hasn't tortured someone?
Gods I use to lay horror and ruin in Sim City every single time if that counts.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
lwm3398 said:
Evil Jak said:
Laxman9292 said:
Evil Jak said:
What would him having an accent from South America have to do with him being Republican?

Kidding. And I did not know you could get raped in Call of Duty. And why would that even be a feature?
Bloody good job you said kidding... that decreased my annoyance levels by a considerable amount.

Nah, he just whispered that down the mic... I assume he wasnt good at whispering sweet nothings into womens ears.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Really? I find that hard to believe. Really, most gamers I know, including myself, will always do both, even if it means multiple playthroughs.