Molyneux Unconcerned About Milo Abuse

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
mike1921 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ranooth said:
Rule 34. That is all.
It was going to happen.
Peter Molyneux seems to live mostly in his own world. I don't know whether to mock him for it or commend him. I think I'll actually choose commend. But he's a fool if he thinks people won't abuse this.
I think it's not really him being in his little world, and it's really him not immersing himself in the internet.
Very true. If only he knew what lies beyond a double-click of that little icon.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Vanguard_Ex said:
mike1921 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ranooth said:
Rule 34. That is all.
It was going to happen.
Peter Molyneux seems to live mostly in his own world. I don't know whether to mock him for it or commend him. I think I'll actually choose commend. But he's a fool if he thinks people won't abuse this.
I think it's not really him being in his little world, and it's really him not immersing himself in the internet.
...when you said it my mind's ears heard a church choir singing while shock images flashed before my eyes. "hallejula" while goatse flashes by

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
mike1921 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
mike1921 said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
Ranooth said:
Rule 34. That is all.
It was going to happen.
...when you said it my mind's ears heard a church choir singing while shock images flashed before my eyes. "hallejula" while goatse flashes by
I'm glad my words have such an effect ;D

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Yoshi_egg80 said:
If he's a virtual boy then he's going to automatically fail.

Well looks like that (organization of men that do inappropriate things to 8yr old boys can't remember their name) will actually have some fun with their sex box I mean...............err..... X box
You should watch more South Park. It's NAMbLa.

But this kind of edges us closer to the whole virtual reality/vibrating codpiece thing Yahtzee talked about.

Yoshi_egg80

Apr 1, 2009
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
Yoshi_egg80 said:
If he's a virtual boy then he's going to automatically fail.

Well looks like that (organization of men that do inappropriate things to 8yr old boys can't remember their name) will actually have some fun with their sex box I mean...............err..... X box
You should watch more South Park. It's NAMbLa.

But this kind of edges us closer to the whole virtual reality/vibrating codpiece thing Yahtzee talked about.
*snaps fingers* That's it! I saw that episode once a long time ago thanks.

Lord Beautiful

Aug 13, 2008
I wonder how many other people don't want to interact with Milo. I certainly don't. As if dealing with real children isn't painful enough, someone makes a virtual child to deal with. Harumph.

Here's an idea. Instead of making it some kid named Milo, let's replace him with, say, a badass alien who is extremely curious about human culture and looks oddly reminiscent of Mr. Spock.

Garg

Apr 15, 2009
-Zen- said:
I wonder how many other people don't want to interact with Milo. I certainly don't. As if dealing with real children isn't painful enough, someone makes a virtual child to deal with. Harumph.

Here's an idea. Instead of making it some kid named Milo, let's replace him with, say, a badass alien who is extremely curious about human culture and looks oddly reminiscent of Mr. Spock.
This sounds fun, or a robot... or would that be defeating the purpose?

Anyway, on topic,
Milo is probably a big lie or real artificial intelligence, either way sick people will find a way to form an "inappropriate relationship."

Imat

Feb 21, 2009
Wow...I've tried to be optimistic about the internet population, but you all just can not see beyond the most negative aspects of anything can you...Except DoW2, the one thing most deserving of focus on it's negative aspects.

You see this, and all you can think of is pedophile? There were a couple of people who saw something else, but clearly the rest of you have fallen victim to the media. How many pedophiles do you ACTUALLY know? None? Yeah, that's cuz they're not very common. To say that EVERYBODY will immediately attempt to rape this program is ridiculous, to say the least. Then to say that everybody will attempt to kill him is just about as ridiculous. First of all, it's unlikely you'll get an option for that ever. Second, You may do horrible things to your Sims (Because you all have anger-issues that should be worked out in more constructive ways but at least you aren't all beating your wife and kids), you may choose the evil path in Fable, but you =/= THE ENTIRE GAMING COMMUNITY. Much as you wish you did. I actually try to play the Sims, instead of taking the easy and pathetic way out which involves horrible gruesome death. I played both lines of Fable, though I can tell you I greatly preferred the good side because I for one to try to play in the same way I act (Mind you that may or may not be how I think/feel). Personally I don't get the same kick out of murdering helpless computer programs. But my point is, stop generalizing based on what you, personally, did or did not do, and don't generalize based on the media. Maybe it's just where I live, but most people around here are not murderous pedophiles who would do anything to anybody for any reason.

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
as soon as I saw that video, I immediately said "that better be pedophile proof".

and glad I'm not the only one who seduces-then-murders in Fable II

PureBredGentleman

Dec 24, 2008
I thin what the Peter Moleneux guy is saying is, that you'll feel like you are harming a real person. Milo probably cries a lot. But a big part of me is screaming that this is another one of Moleanuex's "overly ambitious" ideas.

The way he talks about it this kid is a real boy, who will one night in your console escape into the hard drive and stow away there so when you take him to your friends' house, he breaks into the other Milo's game and kills the other Milo. Soon the world will be ruled by MILO'S!!

In other word's, this is as close to having a real child Moleneaux will get. Show respect for his virtual son.

VitalSigns

May 20, 2009
When i saw this i thought it was a tech demo too, but I can honestly say Rape and hatred where not what came to my mind, I think if this is all real, it is absolutely incredible. I would interact with this (considering the price of course) simply to experience true AI, Milo may not be exactly what a hardcore gamer would want, but if this really works think about the possibilities this holds. My point is if Milo is as in tune and perfected as they say, the world of Artificial Intelligence is going to become so much more than it already is. Milo may not be your cup of tea but you have to consider the sheer amount of potential this technology holds.

Supernova2000

Shivan Sympathizer
May 2, 2009
Maybe this technology will 1 day result in us actually arguing with our PC's when they puke up one of those fucking stupid vague retarded errors, like "xyz has encountered a problem and needs to close, we apologise for any inconvenience" then at that point, the evil cackling voice will say "sorry the computer didn't explode HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Low Key

May 7, 2009
If I wasn't so adamently against Natal to begin with, I'd buy it with the Milo software, then send a video to Molyneux of me torturing that kid just to spite him.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Is no one going to mention the similarity between this and Seaman?
I know they mentioned Hey You Pikachu but what about Seaman?
Poor Seaman.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
War Penguin said:
Poor Seaman.
Most people don't remember the game because they never had a Dreamcast. I remember it, however, and it was excellent. It would even talk smack back to you.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
paypuh said:
War Penguin said:
Poor Seaman.
Most people don't remember the game because they never had a Dreamcast. I remember it, however, and it was excellent. It would even talk smack back to you.
Well, at least SOMEONE remembers it.
That's all I care about.
And the unoriginality of Milo from Seaman.