Moments in gaming that made you say "damn I feel good"

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Dorano said:
The Wykydtron said:
FYI Irelia's 2 second slow becomes a 2 second stun if she's on lower health than you. Lolz. That is why I offically despise all people who build Irelia with Warmogs. Why? Just... Why? Why would you do that to yourself?!
Lower PERCENTAGE of health. Warmog's makes her a house because she can take so much punishment. As long as your bar is less full than theirs you get a stun.
OT: Getting any kind of multi-kill on League of Legends makes me feel like a bad-ass. Wiping out 3+ people as Xerath gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Yes I get that but I don't often see people with Warmogs and other similar tanky items ever get below half health? Especially when you need the stun during a teamfight and you can't get it because nobody with half a brain is going to focus anybody that tanky. More health still means it's harder to get lower. Even in percentage, than anyone else.

I build Irelia with health regen/armour/magic resist (with a Trinity Force on the side) with above average health.

[sub] To be fair, i'm just following a build I found, it works so whatever XD[/sub]

Just no Warmogs for the love of god. I can honestly say that the few Irelias i've seen with Warmogs have ever gotten the stun when it would be useful, I see it as crippling the theme of the character at best.

Xerath laser multi kill? Try No-Scope Lux. Busting up those recalling and tower hugging nooblords all day. Not to mention you can fire it into their entire team and watch their health just die horribly. Makes that close teamfight waiting to happen into a 5 for 0 exchange with a side order of ownage.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
For me it's most of Enslaved; Odyssey to the West... The visuals and the ultra satisfying exploration gameplay is just awesome! Just play the intro, climbing over the ship exterior, and you will find out!

Dodging the skyscrapers is exhilerating!

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
Hell's Gate in The Last Remnant.

This music started, the boss appeared and pants were changed.
But nothing compared to when I finally beat "it".

notyouraveragejoe

Dehakchakala!
Nov 8, 2008
I felt really badass at the end of Mass Effect 2 when everyone survived and I was generally crowned by my girlfriend (who was watching) as awesome. Also, we both play Arkham City so it's always badass when I manage to do a Challenge Map with a Perfect fight and each round has a Free-Flowing Combo. A slightly weirder example is bring the Gnome all the way through Left4Dead 2's carnival campaign. I felt brilliant, especially since I had to bounce on the tank to get to the heli and I somehow made it.

Sean Hollyman

Jun 24, 2011
Getting 4 medals and a shit ton of Ribbons in one game of Battlefield 3 with nothing but your trusty P90 and Pistol <3

GameMaNiAC

Sep 8, 2010

I trust you all know when this plays?

Yeah, when I kicked the Spiderdemon's ass back to depths of Hell itself.

Best feeling in the world.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Playing as Hakumen or Jin in Blazblue and having a really close battle, both of you are low health and it's the match winning round.
You make a mistake and they go to take advantage of it but then you just manage to pull out your counter distortion in time. I love how the game freezes and you know you have won when you start to hear "Empty sky form winters reposte!". It was especially great when playing with my friend who was Tsubaki. He just used her astral, she sprouted wings and began to charge at me then he discovered I can activate my astral while she activates hers. He started yelling "whaaaa......." when he saw Hakumen assume the stance and say "Empty sky TRUE FORM, JUDGEMENT OF THE SWORD!". I love playing Hakumen, he is so much fun.

This also happens when playing LoL and having a good game, it's great to be fighting a good enemy team while knowing your own is competent and reliable. Personally I love playing Veigar because he becomes so ridiculous once farmed up enough and only gets stronger as the game goes on. Just seeing the enemy watch you continue to farm up your Q in late game while waiting for a good oppertunity is great because you know they are thinking "**** we need to end this soon".
Playing as Singed is also great as there is nothing more fun than running into the middle of their team then getting away as they try to chase you.

Kordie

Oct 6, 2011
Gitty101 said:
Gaming has been filled with a lot of these moments for me recently.

Where to begin? Well, defeating any new boss/surviving an invasion in Dark Souls never fails to make me feel awesome. Beating my high-score in Batman: AC, especially if it's already quite high (can literally spend hours in those challenge rooms), setting the Nuke off in the original Half-Life multiplayer and chuckling as the shutters in the only safe place come down...

Oh yeah, every time I successfully riposte in Dark Souls. Not too hard to do, but the satisfaction never dissipates.
The cursed invaders... I hate the low level ganking invaders that exist solely to make life hard on new players... But when you get to fight one on a stair and send him over the edge using the almighty foot, amazing. Of course hes back in 5 minutes, and I'm a bloody heap on the floor.

Arakasi

Jun 14, 2011
Backstabbing about 6 people in a row in TF2 makes me feel damn good.
Or when the players are stupid and keep getting knocked off the edge of a cliff by my sentry gun.

Non-TF2 moments: Most of these involve me breaking the game, either through their own mechanics or through bugs, which is kind of a downer.
E.g. Killing the final (bonus) boss of a game without taking a single hit.
Basically the kind of moment where you're like 'Yay I won! But was I meant to win that easily/that way?

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Tribes: Ascend

I'm a Technician and I'm keeping my base safe. All turrets, sensor and generator are constantly up, everything upgraded, yet we keep losing. And finally it's 0:4 for the enemy. One more cap and we lose.

"Well, fuck everything" -> Enter, 1, 2.
I pick my capping Pathfinder and start filling all classes that I can. Destroy somehow their turrets, chase and occasionally cap. And a beautifully comeback. 5:4 only because I started capping. And yes, only because of me because until the end, I capped all 5 flags and returned all of ours.

And every time I beat my brother in SSBB.

Dat feeling. :D

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Deus Ex: Human Revolution, I ran outa tranqs and stun gun ammo, playing a no kill playthrough, there was a guy with a combat rifle on the stairs in one of the complexes, shooting at me, I pitched a concussion nade at him, it bounced off the wall above his head, fell directly in front of his face and went off, giving me enough time to sprint up the stairs at him and knock him out in close combat. That's just the latest one, I've had SOOOOO many badass moments, some due to luck some due to skill, all made me feel like a god among men.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Last night, I've unlocked like 7 achievements in TF2 in a single round. Not those silly achievement that can be done in 5 minutes. Oh no, those that take a loooooooooooooooooooonng time to unlock or those that are very hard to unlock.

That and I managed to dominate everyone in the other team. It felt so great....

I should've quitted then...I changed servers because that awesome one was dead after a while. For about 45 minutes, I thought I ended in a server with bots on easy...They weren't bots...My god that I had to play demoman to win a game...

EDIT: The Assassins Creed multiplayer was also a source of felt good moment. You had problems during one match against a player, but you dominated him during the next one.

Also, whenever you managed to pull off one of these on somebody that gave you a hard time.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
MW3 multiplayer. Our team had four loses in a row fighting against the exact same team, and there was especially this one guy that kept killing me over and over. Whenever my teammates and I face that guy or most of the opposing team, we get shot down in no longer than two seconds. No hacks; they were that fast (and judging by their gamertags, they were either Korean or Japanese).

The fifth time we fought each other was a capture-the-flag game in Arkaden, my favorite map which takes place in this German shopping mall. We fought hard in that map, and for once we actually overtook the other team a couple of times. I had one of my best killstreaks in that match; shot down several coming up a staircase before bringing down a stealth bomber on four other poor bastards.

During the last 60 seconds of the match, the scores for both teams were incredibly close with the score for my team just a few points ahead. Then we get the alert that one of our flags were taken; specifically one behind the loading bay of the mall. I went downstairs with another teammate to reclaim it, and as we took the flag we took out an enemy teammate coming out of a nearby door. That's when that one guy also comes out behind him.

The flag was seconds from being ours, the game was about to end and the other team's score was about to overtake us. The guy took out my teammate, and all that was left was me facing down the player who's been slaughtering me and my team for the last 90 minutes. I swear, when I watched the recording of the whole match, I couldn't look back at that moment without slowing it all down and imagining a woman singing soothing Latin in the background.

I got the winning kill. Victory screens for that game never felt so good ever since.

Mar 25, 2010
Kordie said:
As a general rule for me, any online game where you randomly face a trashtalker again. Beat them once and it makes em mad, beat em again and it makes me glad.

More specificly playing TF2. Playing a not so serious game, so I started to dick around as a spy. One player was named something along the lines of "I'm here to piss of scouts" and was walking around as a heavy. I happened to hit him in the same area a few times in a row, so he changed his name to "I'm here to piss off Kordie". I laughed at this at first, and made it a game of me sneaking across the map to find and get only him.

After a while he would hardly set foot outside of the spawn point. As the match got close to the end, he was hiding in spawn looking out a window waiting for me. I happened to be cloaked standing right outside the window looking back in. Right when the match ended, my team had won, I uncloaked right where he was looking and ran in to get him. It made my day.

We played a bit more on the same server, I stopped playing spy and had fun with some other classes, but he spent a lot of time sitting around spawn waiting for me. I know this because he did it a few times while we were on the same team, prompting others to think he was AFK.
My, that guy sucked, didn't he?

Probably when I beat "The package" on Halo:Reach on Legendary solo by just using the cloak. Damn, that made me feel great.

Useful Dave

Jan 25, 2009
http://youtu.be/OHBBxCObSlA <= Because Daev fails at embedding.

Lancer Squadron, Best Squadron.

We knew we had the capital firepower and co-ordination to beat them in an equal fight, so we all jumped into K-Wings instead and started the win. Taking down several capitals in little more than suped-up snubfighters working as a team is gewd. And it actually beat abit of sense into the enemy too.

Luca72

Dec 6, 2011
Useful Dave said:
http://youtu.be/OHBBxCObSlA <= Because Daev fails at embedding.

Lancer Squadron, Best Squadron.

We knew we had the capital firepower and co-ordination to beat them in an equal fight, so we all jumped into K-Wings instead and started the win. Taking down several capitals in little more than suped-up snubfighters working as a team is gewd. And it actually beat abit of sense into the enemy too.
Is that a Freelancer mod? That looks beautiful