Moments in your favourite series that still make you feel sad

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Well, there's a couple of Doctor Who episodes that get to me every time...

Vincent and the Doctor (at the museum), Family of Blood (the war and old man part), Journey's End (damn, I miss Donna) and stuff. Really, DW made me cry so many times I should probably hate the series for it.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Battlestar Galactica, good lord it's embrassing how much this show has made me cry over it's run.

The biggest breakdown I had from the show was during the series finale when Baltar admits he know's about farming, remembering his past and breaking down in tears. Less than five fucking minutes left in the show and Callus finds a way to make me cry like a little girl.

floppylobster

Oct 22, 2008
dalek sec said:
Battlestar Galactica, good lord it's embrassing how much this show has made me cry over it's run.

The biggest breakdown I had from the show was during the series finale when Baltar admits he know's about farming, remembering his past and breaking down in tears. Less than five fucking minutes left in the show and Callus finds a way to make me cry like a little girl.
That was such a nice touch with his accent and his embarrassment over his father.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
I don't recall a game ever really making me sad, but as for movies there's the ending of Back to the Future 3 when Marty gets back to the present and the DeLorean is destroyed. I don't read very much and so the only book, or rather series that has made me really sad is His Dark Materials. When Scoresby dies, and the ending.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
-Toy Story 3 T-T Goddamn that ending!
-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (Soooo cute)
-Bioshock 1 ending
-DBZ (Vegeta's sacrifice to blow up Buu)
-FMA (Pretty much the whole series)
-The Road
-The Prestige
-Any Greek tragedy

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
When Guts accidentally kills Adonis.

Guts is send to assassinate Lord Julius, but when he gets to his estate he witnesses Lord Julius sparring with his 13-year old son, Adonis. This makes Guts flash back to the time that he sparred with his own father, and how just like Adonis he could never gain his father's love.

Later, Guts kills Lord Julius in his study, but then a door opens and Guts realizes he's been spotted. He immediately lunges at the door opening with his sword, plunging it into the witness. He's horrified to see that it is Julius' son. Adonis is confused and scared by what has suddenly happend to him and reaches his hands out for any kind of comfort. Guts, still in a state of shock, decides to hold the boy's hand as he dies.

This gets me to tears everytime I read it.

jaoblia

Jul 21, 2009
OBVIOUS SPOILERS ARE OBVIOUS btw

Movies- First time i saw yoda die in Return of the jedi and when optimus prime died in the first Transformers movie( I was 3 but i still tear up at the scenes now) And recently most of To Kill A Mocking Bird's 3rd act.

TV- Futurama, Jurrasic Bark Nuff Said and a little at Kamina's Death in Gurren Lagann

Comics- I got a little wet around the eyes in the last chapter of scott Pilgrim Vol. 6

chainer1216

Dec 12, 2009
futurama gets me with jurrasic bark, i have a feeling alot of people are gonna say that too.

and a bunch of scenes from one piece always get me, nami's back story, zoro's back story, nami plea for help from luffy, and more than any of those, merry's funeral.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Umm was it episode 18ish of Higurashi season 2? The last ep of the reeeeally long arc.

Those of you that have seen it know what i'm talking about

Also the end of Phoenix Wright Trials and Tribulations... Purely because it's fucking over man, Apollo Justice will never compare *sniffle*

Mozared

Mar 26, 2009
Like mentioned obvious, but HERE BE SPOILERS to...

Johnston's death. The death itself isn't too sad, but the circumstances in which it happens combined with the fact that he was just such an awesome character make the whole thing feel downish.

Why the eff did Kutner die? Seriously? His whole death and the fact that it was forgotten two episodes later really is the only thing I absolutely don't like about the series.

Basically every single episode, and I haven't even finished it yet? So many people die in such shameful ways. I suppose that's what you get for a series that is BASED on people dying (with the episodes following them through their last days of life), but man is there some sad shit in there.
and
There's an episode in season... five, I think, where the Doctor falls in love with Seven of Nine. All in all Voyager is a lot of things, though rarely sad. The ending of that episode ('he doesn't get the girl') is probably the one Star Trek episode I genuinely felt sad about after watching it.

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Phoenix09215 said:
Its my favourite game and The Boss is in my opinion is the most tragic character in any video game (of which I have played)
Yeah, mine too. But as sad as it was, it was the debriefing that made shed some manly tears and drop my controller in surprise.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Jurassic Bark and The Sting?

also Time Keeps on Slipping and Godfellas
outside of Futurama, I'll go with the end of the first Halo, the parts right before the end of Cortana and Halo in Halo 3, the traumatized marines in both games, pretty much the entire last few levels of Reach, turning in the escaped slave and his protector in Illusion of Gaia, and more episodes of Star Trek: TNG than I can remember at the moment and a good few of Voyager