Moments when you think "I really hope this is a troll..."

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
requisitename said:
I have a habit (admittedly, a masochistic habit) of reading the comments on news stories. I think I probably look like this a lot:
^^This. I have no idea why I do it. I know it will hurt me. I know I will lost faith in humanity and I will want to murder everyone who comments, but I do it anyway.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
So, basically, this it a topic about:

If so, there can only be one true answer:

You may be pleased to learn that the answer to this question is "Troll", at least according to Know Your Meme.

OT: There was a guy on Cracked.com who claimed all of Radiohead's songs sound the same. If he genuinely believed that, I have to wonder exactly how much variety it would take to please him.

jkvoller

Dec 18, 2009
Any creationist who phones into the atheist experience trying to argue creation over evolution. i just can't believe there is so much stupid in the world

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
putowtin said:
I got this message over on the ubiworkshop:

(all names and emails have been saved to protect the idiotic)

Hello
I read your profile today and it was so good to me.u know that i am interested to be a friend first.i also believe that coming to you will be a probability of meeting that very love that has been lacking in my entire life. please i will like you to contact me direct to my e-mail address,
(********@yahoo.com) i dont know the posebility of remaing in forum for long time,i will give you a full introduction of my self with my pictures ok. i will be waiting for your mail to my e-mail adsdress
(********@yahoo.com) as you know
there is no age,race,colour n religion barrier when it comes to true love, cares ****.

I hope it's a troll!
Ahahaha. I couldn't think of an example on my own part, but that is priceless. It's usually quite easy to tell, unless you're severy lacking in being able to put yourself in the perspective of another person.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Esotera said:
HOW DARE YOU?! I am now plotting your demise. I hope you are prepared.

OT: Creationists. Because what the fuck, people?

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
Leemaster777 said:
You may be pleased to learn that the answer to this question is "Troll", at least according to Know Your Meme.

OT: There was a guy on Cracked.com who claimed all of Radiohead's songs sound the same. If he genuinely believed that, I have to wonder exactly how much variety it would take to please him.
Eh, I'm not 100% sure I buy that. Not saying it isn't true, but it's REALLY easy to say "Oh, I'm not that stupid, I PLANNED this" after the fact.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Leemaster777 said:

Frequenting a hiphop news site now and then, and glancing a piece over this matter; a representative of ICP, a band that I couldn't care less about, have said that the video is this way because it's a planned marketing act, hoping to make it viral and give them more coverage: profit. Not sure if that's true, but that's what they've said.

Kurai Angelo

Oct 12, 2009
Frosty05 said:
They did not declare pizza a vegetable. They said that due to the vegetables in it it counts as part of the daily recommended amount of vegetables you're supposed to eat.

I hate it when people don't reference their facts properly. -.-
That still doesn't negate the irony of it.

"Here, eat this delicious, greasy, fatty pizza... It's good for you!"

It instills bad habits in young people who will think it's ok to eat junk food as long as there's a crumb of broccoli on it making it 'healthy'.

I mean, what's the point of counting your fruit/veg intake if your just shovelling a pizza in your face anyway?

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
DoPo said:
I really hope that guy who claims the world is a cube is a troll. If he isn't I really don't want on this planet any more. If he isn't a troll, he would be literally dragging down the average intelligence of the human population.

Warning extreme trolling or stupidity ahead! May reduce your sanity and/or faith in humanity.

The time cube [http://www.timecube.com/]
I just.... I uh.... Wut?
I couldn't understand any of that. Something about 4 quadrants and earths rotation. It was just a bunch of gibberish. My head hurts. I read halfway through it and realised that I had read absolutely nothing.

Smithburg

May 21, 2009
That time cube thing is just terrible... I think that might be the most brain dead website on the internet...

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Leemaster777 said:

[sub]NoT ThIs Sh*t AgaIn... It AiN't MirAcLes[/sub]

OT: Um the only moments I think that is when I see certain videos on Youtube and the such. Also when people who uses BS as evidence.

Captcha: yuines conformists! Uhhh damn those conformists?

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
OhJohnNo said:
Leemaster777 said:

Eh, I'm not 100% sure I buy that. Not saying it isn't true, but it's REALLY easy to say "Oh, I'm not that stupid, I PLANNED this" after the fact.
Well, I believe them because I personally don't think it's possible for anyone so successful to be as stupid as they act in that music video. I'm not sure even Sarah Palin thinks Giraffes are miracles.

Daymo

And how much is this Pub Club?
May 18, 2008
good luck burning in hell with your pal mgay for your incest you commited which is a sin . god hates fags like you and mgay fred phelps said it himself from west boro baptist church .  :) later douche

Fresh from youtube 30 minutes ago, I read it and quickly reinstated my policy of never for any reason EVER read youtube comments. It just sounds so manufatured that if a person actually means it, I will have to change my whole troll not troll analysis.

SpaceBat

Jul 9, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
I kinda had that with the guy who said being pro-life was supporting women's rights, and that giving women the choice to abort their foetuses is anti-women's rights on this very site.
The one that wanted to change the term pro-life to pro-death, because his outlook on things and his definition of life was absolute and claimed that having an abortion and microwaving a two months old baby is basically the same thing, right?

Yeah, I agree. I'm pretty sure that was a troll, though.

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
I don't even have to search for an example. Right on this very website here in those two threads...

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.351325-Cop-Tasers-Fleeing-Handcuffed-Girl-Head-injuries-put-her-in-vegetative-state

and

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.351382-Poll-Are-tasers-tools-or-weapons

...are numerous examples of "oh dear, please let them be trolls."

Catie Caraco

Jun 27, 2011
Most recently, a jaw-droppingly offensive statement by a supporter of Rick Santorum, a Republican running for his party's candidacy in the 2012 presidential race. The gentleman in question is named Foster Friess. Full disclosure, I'm a registered Democrat, and fully believe in a woman's right to her own reproductive health. Santorum was never going to get my vote. But damn it, this guy's asinine statement on top of Santorum's frankly offensive opinion on birth control made me want to shout from the rooftops for Republicans not to vote for this guy. Here is the quote, which he said during an interview on MSNBC with Andrea Mitchell.

?This contraception thing, my gosh, it?s so inexpensive. You know, back in my days, they?d use Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn?t that costly.?

I'm fairly certain he was trolling. I really hope to God he was trolling. I know Santorum isn't trolling when he claims "birth control is harmful to women and to society" because it "encourages sex outside of marriage". He's just that kind of stupid; the exact kind that shouldn't be in charge of anything, let alone my country.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
TrilbyWill said:
I kinda had that with the guy who said being pro-life was supporting women's rights, and that giving women the choice to abort their foetuses is anti-women's rights on this very site.
not to mention the comments on lots of news websites.
Oh god yes. Also saying that it was scientifically proven that a foetus was as much worth as a 2 month old baby even hours after contraception.

Also everything Ubisoft say about PC gamers make them look like trolls... sadly I know they're not.

shotgunbob

Mar 24, 2009
Vault101 said:
Ive read the comments on news/opinion blogs

it takes less than a nanosecond for the "mens rights" activists to start spewing off about the feminist conspiricy

I know mens rights are real issues..but what is it about news/opnion blogs?

Everything on news websites that have comments (especially Yahoo News reposts) are filled with what I hope are trolls. Generally they range from what you listed above to conspiracies about Islam and other fun racist and fear mongering things.

flyingwithsharks

Nov 6, 2010
DoPo said:
I really hope that guy who claims the world is a cube is a troll. If he isn't I really don't want on this planet any more. If he isn't a troll, he would be literally dragging down the average intelligence of the human population.

Warning extreme trolling or stupidity ahead! May reduce your sanity and/or faith in humanity.

The time cube [http://www.timecube.com/]
Is there a translation for normal humans?

BENZOOKA said:
Completely off topic, but where is your avatar from?