Monster Hunter Stories TGS 2016 Preview - Mini Monster Hunters

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Monster Hunter Stories TGS 2016 Preview - Mini Monster Hunters

Monster Hunter Stories is the Monster Hunter experience broken down into more bite-sized chunks.

Read Full Article

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
*If it gets a western release.

And i dont think it will. Monster Hunter is mostly known to teens and young adults this side of the world, certainly not the target demographic of Stories.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Younger generations? Screw that! Gimme!

Allways wanted to tame the awesome monsters of monster hunter and fight alongside them... and if it takes SD graphics then bloody hell so be it!

Also havent played a turn based RPG from capcom yet so im curious.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
gigastar said:

And i dont think it will. Monster Hunter is mostly known to teens and young adults this side of the world, certainly not the target demographic of Stories.
Shame really as it could had been a Monster Hunter game I may have enjoyed!

Don't get me wrong MH franchise is decent but it wasn't for me. Not a fan from the "git gud" community and it was just lonesome to played alone.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
gigastar said:

Shame really as it could had been a Monster Hunter game I may have enjoyed!

Don't get me wrong MH franchise is decent but it wasn't for me. Not a fan from the "git gud" community and it was just lonesome to played alone.
To be honest the newer games have been dumbed down so much in difficulty that i was able to take out all new flagship monsters on the first try... and able to take out elder dragons in one go (in the older titles you would more likely then not only "chase them off" and then have a rematch where the elder dragon kept all the damage from the previous encounter) when i first encountered them, something i wasnt able to do in any of the non DS3 monster hunters.

Sure higher online ranks see the monsters getting boosted in HP and attack and some harder variants but the core game is piss easy nowadays, so even a beginner should be able to enjoy them if they take the time to learn the game.